• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the difference between Side-B and Down-B? [REVERSION: 8/18/09]

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm just glad we get a compliment. You realize how many people we get here asking the same questions that are FAQ'd and/or bashed? :/

Tenki

Smash Hero

she needs a break.

There is actually a bunch of information that popped up after the April Fool's joke that I haven't updated in yet.

However, it's mostly just stuff about how the aerial speed is 'saved' when you land from an ASD/ASC, then used again when you roll off an edge.

Nothing too gamebreaking =p

NH Cody

Smash Champion
spinshot

So, just a (probably already covered) clarification:

Spinshot is the jump out of an SDR itself?

As in, the whole combo with the aerial?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Nah, that would be a Spin Dash Jump (SDJ) if you jump out during a SDR.

Spinshot is when you jump out whilst still charging SideB. (Or maybe DownB if you're in the air)

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Where can I find information on the Shadow the Hedgehog v0.7 hack?

I've been thinking of replacing another character with Shadow instead of Sonic, but I don't know how...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Where can I find information on the Shadow the Hedgehog v0.7 hack?

I've been thinking of replacing another character with Shadow instead of Sonic, but I don't know how...
This is not the place to ask... look into the textures threads.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Man, i was just thinking that threads like this have served its purpose long ago, but people seem to still come here for questions. good **** guys.

Q: Has anyone ever tried using ASC (multihit) multiple times on a shield. Like I mean ASC for a few blocked hits, land/ jump cancel out beforehand then ASC into the depleted shield again. Its something I've noticed a lot from players like Speed in particular, and I think would be a great pressure tool in situations where you would normally ASC>grab. So far, when Speed has done it (obviously not spammed) it puts a lot of pressure on people here. just to let you guys know. I'll probably try to talk about it in my thread later this week.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I know exactly what ur talking about Kojin. I saw the double pressure speed does and he did it vs Takeover. It did look very good and effective. But i think im going to avoid picking it up until i see the flaws of it.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I tend to do it but some characters can just UpB OoS MK/Marth/Mario but what do I know...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
At least Shado is right on that part about characters with dumb quick GTFO moves it wouldn't (shouldn't) normally work on them.

Also that quite was from August of 09... Glad to see not much hasn't changed since then... *sigh*

Tenki

Smash Hero
Also that quite was from August of 09... Glad to see not much hasn't changed since then...
Sorry, with school and all that, I haven't been able to play much Brawl lately.

:093:

10kiisntthemetagameslol

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
fgujnuiryhnutipyhtuipyu.

No Tenki, not you. :<

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10090277&postcount=775

There's gotta be something new to talk about, I'm starting to lean towards some guaranteed/possible combos/follow-ups after U-Throw at low %s, and how the leanback from FSmash somehow allows you to counter some moves, though I've only begun to learn about the latter.

Hmm...

POONR

Smash Cadet
you always gotta stick to the tried and true up throw up air up air. it still works even after all these years.
Haha gotta love that. I used to main Sonic, moved onto Mario and G&W but I'm startin to play him again. I must say it's frustrating when you need to be creative with almost every kill. Sonic's lack of kill potential does suck. Somehow its still fun to play him.
Just some of my thoughts lol

Tenki

Smash Hero
So I was thinking about spindashes the other day and watching one of Tails' video and some others kind of helped confirm it.

When doing down-B (ESPECIALLY) vs projectile users like Falco/Wolf/Lucario/Pikachu... that sort, try not charging while you're rising, possibly on your actual attacking one.

I looked at some really old frame data from dNES and our full hop is about 40 frames, total. Think of it - what I usually see is someone doing a SH going towards the person WHILE charging ASC. The sound is like a "LOLHEY,SHOOT ME" warning. Some people won't just sit in shield and will actually you know, throw something out at your predicted landing path, since we all seem to love doing a FASC, so a plain old grounded downB (SHFF'd) might do us better.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Like, usually it's [hold down]-[jump]-B B B B B B B B

so you're charging while you're rising.

It adds unnecessary vulnerability that can be shot at when you're playing vs projectile users, and for some mid-close range people it sometimes leads to bad DI when you get hit.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If only sonic had a zair that was also his ASC. Someone go discover this please.

infomon

Smash Scientist
if sonic had one more move that involved him turning into a little ball and making that spindash sound I think I would smash my brawl disc

Tesh

Smash Hero
What if his zair was a projectile? He would just toss rings at you.

Player 7

Smash Cadet
The difference between side-b and down-b is that sonic mains are douche ***s that likes to turn into balls and masturbate to dragon ball hentai. ARGENTINA FTW CABRONS JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA
JO SOY LOS MEJORES DEL SMASH BROTHERS

Top Bottom