• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link226

Smash Ace
umm...just a couple...

''theres no such things as mindgames''

''thats not a mindgame''

''wavedashing is stupid''

''wavedashing doesnt help''

When i use Link....

''y his up-b always kills and spikes....its the best spike in the game!''

''u only win cuz of the boomerang''

''links f-tilt is a cheat''

''Link is like 1 of the best characters in the game he does so much damage''

When i use Roy.....and im fighting a marth

''Roy is too strong''

''Roys f-smash is wayy to strong''

When noobs die....

''what!? thats a lie''

''i didnt press that!''

''yoo how i didnt grab that''

and the stupidest 1 of all.....when i use falco

''falco is the best character in the game!'' lolol

moogle

Smash Ace
I had some guy say this to me and my friends, when we told him we play Smash:

"Oh, have you guys unlocked Ganondorf yet?"

:confused:

WouW

Smash Lord
"come then" a n00b, marth player"

"Im not so idiot to walk in ur Fsmashes"
I just keep egging him instead (im a yoshi player)

he is as predictable as music coming from a music player when you press the 'play' button

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
you can't say that about ken unless you've played him, videos don't proove ****, so please shutup.
Everybody says videos don't prove anything, but everyone bases critiques from videos to improve thier games. Also everybody wants a video posted to view someone's skill level. Your just and idiot videos are thier playing style they do prove something especially when you compare mulitple videos and they have the same tendencies. Videos are a way you can learn tendencies, so they do prove things otherwise peoplke wouldn't keep asking for them to be posted.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I've enjoyed these! Here are a few I got from babysitting a 12-year-old (YES, he was 12!) and playing SSBM. I was Marth and he was Link. This was a few months before I really started practicing hard with smash and was... also sort of a noob myself, although I knew what all the smash terms meant.

"I didn't know Marth could get back ((on the stage)) with B>?!"

"But I thought Link was better than Marth!"

"Peach can't be THAT good! Bowser's way more stronger!"

"What's he saying ((referring to his victory screen))? It sounds like he's speaking Japanese or something!"

"I need some help unlocking Game and Watch, and the super-secret Sonic and Tails!"
~~~~~

And these were from kids at my school (mostly the preppy type) that never played SSBM but were curious about my obsession.

"What? You mean that Sammy-robot-thing is a GIRL?!"

"What? I thought Martha was a girl's name? She can't be a boy!"

"Ew, who's that ugly guy with the dark green skin and big nose?" (referring to Ganondorf)

"How did Legolas get into this game?" (referring to Link)

"Wavedashing? You mean they can surf in the game too?!"

Picitt

Smash Apprentice
He is fairly predictable atleast, so he's beatable.
How can you possably say that Ken is predictable? He has some of the best mindgames out there and that is why he is one of the best players around. Considering he plays a character without any severly broken tech moves and wins consistantly I would have to say he is very unpredictable.

Also videos are good for improving to notice mistakes you didn't notice on your own. They can't show mindgames and stuff like that which is why they cannot really show true skill.

Also how do you how almost 2,000 post of almost no substance.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
How can you possably say that Ken is predictable? He has some of the best mindgames out there and that is why he is one of the best players around. Considering he plays a character without any severly broken tech moves and wins consistantly I would have to say he is very unpredictable.

Also videos are good for improving to notice mistakes you didn't notice on your own. They can't show mindgames and stuff like that which is why they cannot really show true skill.

Also how do you how almost 2,000 post of almost no substance.
You say I have no substance, yet you are spamming. It is not a Ken topic so drop it.

REØ

Smash Lord
LOL wow you're the one who brought it up smartass, "oh ken is so predictable" plz shutup noob, how about you drop it, god you refer your whole logic on smash on stupid videos, plz go enter major tournies and get real expierence

phish-it

Smash Champion
One I heard today:

"Sheik is the best character in the game; she wrecks fox and falco, you know with the chainthrow and everything."

Fun.

Ironclad

Smash Apprentice
Here's a recent experience I had (few days ago).

Noob: (After I pick Samus) "Ugh, I hate the robot. No missiles ok?"
Me: *laughs, says nothing*
*game starts*
Me: *unloads massive amounts of missiles*

He didn't protest in the game itself, because I guess he was smart enough to realize how lame it would make him look.

phish-it

Smash Champion
I just dug up a few topics from a message board we have for a club at school. Funny stuff.

"I want hyrule because u cant get edge garded, but the down fall is that you can hide at the bottem of hyrule and survive with 300% damage, but there is more room to fight. Ive been training all summer so your gonna have to be on your best if u want to win. Our team (Mike and I) is undefeated. I am the best Fox in the world and he is the best Falco. So this is a fair warning. train for the next 2 days your hardest because your gonna need it. Bart and Vince i know u 2 play as Fox, well u 2 better train the most. Immortality out " ~Sol

"Tell me, where is a better stage then Hyrule Temple? " ~Sendra

"Why don't you wait till the tourny and then see what you have to say once it is you who is obliterated." ~Ky

"For all it's worth Team starfox will be coming out on top cause I know for a fact that I can beat everyone that is entering." ~Ky

"fighting an opponent with a high handicap is like starting with way higher %, meaning you have to dodge way more, and keeping the opponents at a very low percent, so you have to attack mutliple times as much as usual. Its harsh training and in mine and many other's opinions very effective. " ~Grimjester

Eci4

Smash Ace
"Most pro matches are just a bunch of shielding and rolling untill someone goes off on a big combo"---Guy who thought he was hot stuff at last lan I went to

Link-NY

Smash Ace
hey ppl heres a new 1 LMAO

My Ganondoof/C.F vs my freinds random character. "Wow thats the only way u can beat me using ganons/falcons Up-B glitch that **** teleports on to you" rofl!

jaej

Smash Journeyman
"C-sticking is cheap"

"Only noobs edge-guard"

"This game takes no skill"

or, my brother's favorite:

"All you do is those stupid freakin throws"

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
"I'm the C-stick master"
from my friend Chris -_-

"Yeah like the game's really supposed to go that fast"
"OOO LOOK AT YOU JUMP AROUND AND SHOOT LASERS SO I CAN'T MOVE WOOO"
"Oh great, an infinite." *drops controller*
From Adam lol

This one kid was like "I am the Fox master" and I asked him if he could wavedash, and he said "tch DUH" and when he played all he did was >B back and forth across the level. Hahaha.

"Nobody plays Stock battle..."
the best one :D

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
"You make me hate myself" - My friend Ryan

"ICE CLIMBERS!? THAT'S BULL****, THEY'RE TWO IN ONE" - My friend Derek

"Nintendo ****ed up my controller" - Cousin

-during a match against my 9 year old cousin in response to seeing the Samus SWD- "Did you know that.... WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?"

Goron3

Smash Apprentice
Nooby friend: Fox has the most amazing infinite combo EVER!

Me (thinking he knows something about smash) : Yeah, but it's hard to pull off.

Nooby Friend: Yeah. You just need to use his Tap-B really quickly. So hard man.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
My brother's friend after I beat both of them at once without friendly fire.

"Theres no way you could have won, You must have cheated"

Next match I beat them again.

His same friend: "Using B-up to recover is cheating"

Sheek

Smash Apprentice
i hate this game, all the characters suck, ecxept for Sheik, but only you can get her. She's not even on the menu! You must be cheating.
>_>

Obsidian

Smash Rookie
"You suck with Peach. All you do is downsmash and aerials."
"Ahahaha, you picked Ice Climbers?? Ice Climbers are so bad!"
"Your such a spammer. Falco's laser is so gay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom