• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Person - "I've been playing SSBM a lot lately - practicing."

Me - "Really? Do you use advanced techniques?"

Person - "Well... I can charge those hard hits you can do"

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
My friend and I were having a marth v roy, adn my other friend was watching. We were at high percents and were wavedashing more than normal out of fear of death.
My friend watching (who refuses to do any advanced stuff) says: "You guys play so spazzy." Then jokingly he says, " I know, lets see who can wavedash their character into a siezure first."
it wasnt really noobish, but still funny.

Yoshipal13

Smash Journeyman
K, there was this guy on Nsider. He posted a topic called "Fox and Falco Combos"

The combo was: Hit up and A. Keep doing that. When they come down, run to where they are and keep doing that over and over.

Then, we all completely incinerated him with flames.

Then his response to these flames, and his credibility of how good he is:

ricey09

Smash Cadet
"How the hell do you do combos like you do? My combos are the 3 c-stick moves"

and

"Grabbing on the the ledge so I can't grab on it is gay, that doesn't count as a real kill."

D

Deleted member

You Can Change Colors With The X Button!!!!!!!!

laughed til it hurt.

TAK$

Smash Ace
"you'll get carpel tunnel if you keep tyring to look flashy when i can just use my c-stick to win" then i perfected him XD, 4 stocks, 0% then he says "you only win cause you have lasers".... then i perfect him again with no lasers. he then threw his controller against the wall, it broke and he ran outside screaming like a little boy when he zips his pants up too fast, then my friend came home (he left us alone for like .. 20 mins to go to the store lol), to see a screaming 18 yr old outside and a big dent in his wall and a broken controller. oh and if you couldnt guess, i used falco, i've never seen him since that day, if only i taped it.

deadleather

Smash Apprentice
ok another thing happened to me today. This guy said, "I'm good, you should practice." so i played my little bro for a little while and he joined, and he knew how to play like a n00b. so we started and he paused and said "Look how cool i look" and i said "only n00bs pause and say that" and he said "only n00bs talk about other n00bs" so i laughed on the inside and kicked his *** sideways and after awhile i got really bored of ****** him so i left to drink a couple of beers and he was like "only n00bs quit." and i didn't say this cuz i didn't wanna hurt his feelings, but i said this to myself, "A n00b may quit but only ***** never learn."

CDorrian

Smash Apprentice
This is another one, happened yesterday.

Me=Falco. Him=Fox. Stage=Final Destination

I was messing about, doing short hop Lazor approachs, then SHShine retreats when he tried to Blaster me. Eventually, he ran at me and fell off the edge. What do I do? SHFFLed a sweetspotted Dair into him. He goes flying, despite almost recovering.

He turned, glared at me, and said "I never knew a SHL could spike you." And I laughed.

Then I pointed out that I had SHFFLed a Dair, so he gets me off the edge, tries to spike me with his Dair, misses, gets hit by me Phantasm Recovery, and meteors to his death as I grab the edge. He simply said "Erm... I hit you, yet I died. WTF???" I lolled, and he ran off.

CDorrian

Smash Apprentice
Lol...

Something some-one PM'd me. I'll let them stay anonomous.

Hah, you call 27 seconds fast! I can beat a level 9 mario in 15 seconds!

Heres a video to prove it: HYPERLINK NOT GOING TO BE POSTED
The n00b. I could see he had used AR, so I PM'ed him back.

Erm, you didn't read the rules. What are they?
His reply

Use AR, Handicaps allowed, and any stage.
I Lolled.

Chunkyturd007

Smash Rookie
These comments all came from one person... He likes video games, like Smash but only owns the N64 one... what he says...

"Did you know Y.Link's milk can heal him? And in team battles he can throw it to either damage the enemy or heal his team!"

"Link can do Din's Fire to but in a special way. Press Down+B then Down+A."

"Mewtwo's shadowball on Dreamland64 will send Mewtwo and the person it hits to the bottom of the stage for an instant kill. The trick is to stay afloat so they fall down and you still live. Pretty cool huh?"

"This edgehogging you talk about is impossible."

(This was for SSB not SSBM)
"I heard you could unlock charizard if you go through classic without damage and kill the last polygon with Charizard (pokeball) and then beat Master Hand with only fiery attacks."

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
"How do you move so fast?"

As I was playing Ness.

and of course the classic:

"Marth is a cheap character!"

ghlbtsk

Smash Rookie
Random Guy: "Oh yeah, Smash Brothers! I'm the best at that!"
Me: "Really? What character do you play?"
Random Guy: "I am...the Starfox."
Me: "Uh-huh...so you can do all the advanced techniques like waveshine and shuffling and stuff ilke that?"
Random Guy: *blank look for a couple seconds* "Nah, man, I don't need all that stuff. All I have to do is his backflip kick and you're gone."
Me: "What, his upsmash?"
Random Guy: "No, all he does is like flip over and kick you."
Me: "Uh, ok. We should play sometime."
Random Guy: "Yeah, but I'll win because I AM...the StarFox."

I swear he put that dramatic pause in there every time he said "I am...the StarFox". I'm looking forward to our first match and will report back.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
Random Guy: "Oh yeah, Smash Brothers! I'm the best at that!"
Me: "Really? What character do you play?"
Random Guy: "I am...the Starfox."
Me: "Uh-huh...so you can do all the advanced techniques like waveshine and shuffling and stuff ilke that?"
Random Guy: *blank look for a couple seconds* "Nah, man, I don't need all that stuff. All I have to do is his backflip kick and you're gone."
Me: "What, his upsmash?"
Random Guy: "No, all he does is like flip over and kick you."
Me: "Uh, ok. We should play sometime."
Random Guy: "Yeah, but I'll win because I AM...the StarFox."

I swear he put that dramatic pause in there every time he said "I am...the StarFox". I'm looking forward to our first match and will report back.
omg, that's hilarious!

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
My friend: Marth is so cheaper than Shiek
me: what are you talking about
Friend: Marth has insane reach come on name one thing that is cheap about Shiek
Me: Needles, Tilts, Up and Down Smash, Airials, Speed
Friend: well I don't use any of that stuff
Me:...whatever
Friend: Shut up your ignorant you should just shut up and kill yourself i'm not talking to you
Me: k whatever

full_95

Smash Journeyman
i found this on another forum

"I've been playing for a month after school at my friends house after school but I've become preatty good. He always uses fox. If you want to beat fox , first you use samus's down b bombs on fox, then you pound fox useing the C stick, then you grab fox throw up in the air (your cannon should be charged) and the blast fox with the cannon. Now look at samus's cannon"

noobtacular huh? he didnt even finish that last sentance.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
"Fox is Garbage"
"Game and Watch is the best"
"Link is the best"

This came from 2 people mind you.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I saw this quote in some guys sig made me lol.
This isn't exactly what it said though... it was like
"If you want to make an accurate tier list, you should hold a tournament of level nines using each character"
:rotfl: What a n00b.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
"There is no best character it all depends on your skill or who you think"
...Sorry dude, personal skill or opinion doesn't change how a character is.If you went on neoseeker, and say that, prepare to be noobcrushed.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
wait, go on Neoseeker and say that "There is no best character it all depends on your skill or who you think" or the opposite?

E123Omega

Smash Lord
My friend: "Bowser is the strongest character."
Me: "No he's not, Ganondorf is. Boswer comes in second."
My friend: "No, Boswer's the strongest!"
Me: "Your a ******."

Another one is:

My friend: "My friend told me that you can unlock Giga Boswer, If you beat Classic Mode in Very Hard mode 10 times with no damage."
Me: "Your friend's a ******, kill him."

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
My friend, new to smash, wanted to main pikachu. I told him fine and said he'd have to beat my pichu. I told him to practice wding with luigi so he could a feel for it (so he knew what wding looked liked) and as a begin to dash at him with pichu he said:

"****, that is some pretty sick wavedashing." And i had him convinced that i was wding with pichu for the rest of the night.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
"Hah! Marth? Anybody who's ANYBODY knows all of his attacks!"
"My cousin is freaking COLD at SSBM"

Do you notice how so many of those liars always say how godly their cousin was? And also, his cousin, I've met him. He's just one of those "roll, smash, roll, smash, roll, smash, roll, smash" players.

Hm... what else....

oh yeah.. someone got pwned like... 4 times in a row and said, "God! I know for a FACT I can beat him! I was just.... tired."

"-uses Falco's up+b while on the ground-"

Mind you, this was all coming from one person.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
"Dude you are suppsoed to knock me into the sky not off the edge.That's cheap."

Result:Ended up 5 stocking him in a 5 stock match.

"To play as roy all you have to do is side b."

"Playing in Normal, slow-motion, and lightning makes you skillful"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom