• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Today at school i was walking by someone who was talking about smash.

Me: Oh so you play
Stupid Freshman: YA I AM TEH 1337 PWNAGE AT TEH GAME!1!!1!!
Me: Okay I challenge you to a game
Stupid Freshman: I'LL KICK YOUR ***!!!
Me: Oh?
Stupid Freshman: YA IM SO GOOD I BEAT THE GAME IN 5 HOURS!!!!
Me: .... (You've got to be kidding me... oh well free money from a money match)

later in the day i was talking to his brother. The not stupid one (he sits next to me in a class). They have 1 of the secret stages.....

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
Today at school i was walking by someone who was talking about smash.

Me: Oh so you play
Stupid Freshman: YA I AM TEH 1337 PWNAGE AT TEH GAME!1!!1!!
Me: Okay I challenge you to a game
Stupid Freshman: I'LL KICK YOUR ***!!!
Me: Oh?
Stupid Freshman: YA IM SO GOOD I BEAT THE GAME IN 5 HOURS!!!!
Me: .... (You've got to be kidding me... oh well free money from a money match)

later in the day i was talking to his brother. The not stupid one (he sits next to me in a class). They have 1 of the secret stages.....
lol yup i know ppl like that:laugh:

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Friend: *constantly does dash attack with Sheik*
Me: *Gets into his path and counters with Marth*
Friend: Cheater...

grimmlingur

Smash Rookie
why don't you guys l-cancel the wavedash?
this coming from a guy who uses jigg's amazing running speed to get around the stage

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I went to my friend's house last month and played her and her cousin in some Smash. They are still on the basic level of play...okay, a little below basic...

My friend had been playing the game for 5 years, beaten it, got every stage, character, and otherwise hidden feature save for some trophies. She has the official guide. You can just guess how shocked I was when this happened.

Me: (as Pichu, playing her Roy) You should use your Forward Smash. It's like his best move.
Her: (hits me with its tip) What, that?
Me: Yeah, use that.
Her: Oh, that's what it's called?

...Needless to say, I went off on her.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
"I have this new technique that will make your head spin" - Friend

This new technique ended up being shield-grabbing LMAO, needless to say i was "completely amazed" shame i had to four stock the kid and his new tricks.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
"Whats super smash brothers? Is that a band?"-

lmaoooo that was soo funny. Please note that this was during melee too so apparently my friend didnt see not one commercial of the first orrrr second super smash bros

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
Some of my friends are great for saying some of the best lines you'll ever hear when they get mad. In fact, we use many new terms because of it.

(When playing as Jigglypuff and trying to sing) "Oh come on! Your fist went through my soundwaves!" (That also gave birth SoundwaveDashing)

(After if caught my friend in a decent juggle) "This isn't fair! You know all of my Instant Reaction Times!" (IRT)

(After showing my friend how to hog the edge the hard way) "This game is one giant glitch."

There are more, but that's good for now.

Kuro soshi13

Smash Rookie
(at the character selection screen i pick Jigglypuff) "omg your using Jigglypuff? serously? Shes such a ****ty character."

(during the match, i purposly miss with a Rest next to a wall, he ForwardSmashes and i tech off the wall directly behind me and immediately Rest again, making contact) "dude thats bull****! u can ****in Rest me while your sleeping!"

(i always do fancy, potentially stupid stuff like this against this guy in an attempt to make him stfu about everything that happens to him in smash bros, but it never works)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Me: "Yeah, Smash is pretty popular, believe it or not."

Halo-fan friend: "Yeah, with all the elementary school kids."

Me: *Shows some MLG vids to buddy

HFF: ... "They're not that good. With a week of practice, I could probably beat 'em."

Yeah, right.

Chimerical_Carl

Smash Rookie
"Link's up B is the most broken move in the game, stop spamming it."
"I'm not playing anymore."
"I'm willing to play super smash brothers, just not spin attack brothers"

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
I cringe a little bit whenever I hear people call it such things as: "a party game" or "a button masher" intended for "children".

goateeguy

Smash Ace
50 pages of posts ago, Earthbound 360 said that this thread was too long. That's not the stupid thing though.

"What the **** is a recovery move????"

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Lol, I didn't sa this thred is too long. I said ... {THIS POST IS NOW LONG ENOUGH} to dodge the minum 10 character rule :rolleyes:

Corigames

Smash Hero
I got a few today from one guy who thought he new a lot but ended up... :
Marth's attacks are slow and don't do any damage.

(While I was Samus) How did you shoot two missiles so fast?
*I told him about MCing*
Samus is broken

Fox doesn't have any good attacks.

Shiek doesn't have a "finishing move", she only puts on damage.

(I CCed with Samus while he played Shiek) You tried to duck my kick didn't you?

Ness is the worst character in the game.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
I can relate to this...

[Me vs. my long-time friend, surprisingly our first ssbm battle]

Apaarently he's quite "skilled" and loves c. falcon.

"haha, you're gonna get owned dude, Fox sucks!"

"What the hell, how does fox move so quickly?"

"psh, you must've just cheated, i saw you were floating across the stage."

So yea, he basically made an entire newb conversation. And the piece de resistance...

"how come you wont stand still??"
...maybe cause i dont wanna die?
just a guess :p

Dozwa

Smash Rookie
the dumbest thing i've heard that someone said about this game was "smash is such a kiddies game"

Corigames

Smash Hero
Ya Like the PS3 mother say at the counter 'I want Zelda TP for my Kid's Playstation.'
When I was camping out for the Wii, a lady came up to the people in line and asked us if we were waiting for the PS3s. We told her no, but we were waiting for the Wii. She dug herself a nice hole with the next 2 questions:
1. What's the difference?
2. (she came back sometime later with a friend, I guess after shopping, and her friend asked, "What are they waiting on again?") "Hey! Didn't you guys say you were waiting on the Wii3?"

Sad...

Corigames

Smash Hero
The best I've heard is by far "The c-stick is just another way to jump, right?"

It took all the good manners I had to teach him what it actually does.
Good job, I would have pointed and laughed, but that's just me. (Unless they were completely new; I've had to teach people smash many times.)

AverageScalp

Smash Cadet
Nope, they weren't completely new; this was actually at a tournament (although a rather "scrub"like one except for a few players) and even after I told him what it does he asked me if it was a good idea to use it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Nope, they weren't completely new; this was actually at a tournament (although a rather "scrub"like one except for a few players) and even after I told him what it does he asked me if it was a good idea to use it.
I'm sorry... why wasn't he shunned out of existance? Cpt. Falcon should have jumped out of the TV, given him a knee to the face, and said, "THAT'S WHAT IT'S USED FOR!!!"

AverageScalp

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry... why wasn't he shunned out of existance? Cpt. Falcon should have jumped out of the TV, given him a knee to the face, and said, "THAT'S WHAT IT'S USED FOR!!!"
I think I would have cried in fear for being so close to such an occurance... that and the Captain's triangular eyes would look extremely creepy in real life.

Oh, and I remembered after posting that; he didn't even know the control stick made you jump either! ITS IN THE FREAKING TRAINING VIDEO.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I think I would have cried in fear for being so close to such an occurance... that and the Captain's triangular eyes would look extremely creepy in real life.

Oh, and I remembered after posting that; he didn't even know the control stick made you jump either! ITS IN THE FREAKING TRAINING VIDEO.
It happened to me once before, and, yes, I did cry :(.

*looks at second sentence*
...what...
*eye twitch*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom