• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I got one: Smash is a sport cause ____ is a sport. It is so pathetic it's funny. Seriously it is about the only thing I can think of.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently speaking to one person who loves to oppose everything I say about SSBM. (Same one who says "Natural power" and "if you resort to using glitches to win, you suck!") I advised a different user about short hops and L-Canceling if you want to use aeirals. This guy, getting randomly offended says "You know what?! I DONT EVEN USE AIR ATTACKS! "
Why do people have to be so touchy? It's funny...but creepy.

t0m0

Smash Apprentice
One of my Teammates ( Who plays smash ) On my waterpolo team said "DUDE WHY DIDNT YOU L-CANCEL THAT LOB". He said this in the middle of the game, it was so funny at the time that I couldnt even swim. While everyone else was looking at us like we were a bunch of *******.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Ah, here's an exact quote from a person I have been talking to. Enjoy.
in order, Kerocola: I dont need air attacks just like I dont need A attacks. I'm a great player. I fight fine, so dont critisize til youve done it my way. only throws and B attacks. the only time I use A is with weapons. when you do that, then you can critisze.

And the same person asked me what chaingrabbing is, after saying they rely on throws. Oh well, it's a lot of fun to see what people think. I find what he claims hard to believe, but this person is trying to prove me wrong on all advanced techniques being useless. Aeirals were brought in during SHFFL/C talks.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
One good one is a friend of mine who doesn't like something, so he enforces rules against it. In a standard game against him...
"No airdodging, no throwing, and no shielding." He doesn't even know what Wavedashing and such is. XD

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Oh, no, I found the best one ever. This guy was talking to me about SSBM and I was giving him tips. There was a long silence...

Him: "Can Link shine?"
Me: No. *I didn't laugh, but I was trying not to...*

He's going to a university tournament, I wish him luck. I'm trying to picutre Link using a shine...

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
My friend: What's a waveshine?
Me: Why do you ask?
Friend: I read about it
Me: Aight, well a waveshine is based around wavedashing and fox/falco's shine
Friend: Wait a second, wtf is a shine
Me : :(, looks away and is about to be very unhappy

Later that same day.....

Same Friend: OMG, i think i got it (referring to waveshine)
Me: You are using kirby
Friend(cuts me off): But he has that shiny thing that comes out when I press up+b
Me:................................. (looks away in shame at what the future for his generation will be like)

Fawriel

Smash Master
What's so dumb about not knowing what the Shine is? Now if it was called the Hexagony-thing, or still Reflector as it's officially called, then I'd understand...

-Ben

Smash Rookie
What's so dumb about not knowing what the Shine is? Now if it was called the Hexagony-thing, or still Reflector as it's officially called, then I'd understand...
It's rather that he did know what a Shine was, and his friend didn't, that made it humerous. And that his attempts to figure out what a Shine was were humerous, too.

I had a friend like this too :laugh: . Not so much "dumb" as ammusing.

Chaos_Shadow35

Smash Rookie
As for me, it happpened at school. There was a guy who told me "I can beat you [Blah blah blah]" so I challenged him! We played in FD, with only three Lives, I had Fox, he had Peach. I killed him one time by ledge grabbing, and two times by doing the reflector when he was hanging on the edge.

After the match he tells me : "Yeah Right, I just killed myself because I know I could have killed you easily", and I had 3 lives, around 70% damage ...

Corigames

Smash Hero
Can I throw this in, eventhough it is about me?

Today, we were playing team matches with 4 stock. I finished one match with 12 kills.
Me: NO ONE CAN STOP ME
My teammate: ...not even me...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Kevin, your avatar is Honor's n00b quote. LOL.
Lol haha No offense Dood xD
Haha none taken boozer is to cute with the beam sword though srsly

Can I throw this in, eventhough it is about me?

Today, we were playing team matches with 4 stock. I finished one match with 12 kills.
Me: NO ONE CAN STOP ME
My teammate: ...not even me...
This one kinda made me laugh

I just played with a kid that said the only reason i win is cause i use the reflector in a way its not supposed to be used and when i told him the developers obviously noticed what he did he just told me to stop lying and then he quit... rofl

kpthebeast

Smash Rookie
While wavedashing to downsmash every time he's open

"Cheap. The Ice Climbers weren't meant to move that fast for a reason. Because there's two of 'em."
^^Cuzzin^^ Fox recovery as usual. " Fox recovery is so cheap " (even though it's predictable and linear unlike the IC's)

Marthpaladin

Smash Rookie
Most people I have met r willing to admit they have much to learn, so I guess I'm lucky. One person said the follwing:

"Wavedashing is so useless. All it does is make u get hit more and besides, it's not like it's unpredictable."

Fortunately, I explained to him its uses and how it was done and he caught on. So it wasn't as bad.

However there have been worse......

There was one person at school who brought his GC and there was a FFA four person match. I was winning ever single game I played(I'm really not that good,) so he was angry. I would dodge his attack and punish him for the lag. Believe it or not he said:

"You play like a coward. All you do is run away so it is impossible for to hit you but you can still hit me. If we were playing a bonus match, you would always lose because you'd get minus five thousand points for being a coward."

He was a Link B-up spammer that never used projectiles and did a straightfoward charge toward me and then use spin attack ever single time. In fact, I tried to stay as close to him as possible so he would miss with spin attack so I could get in free hits. And his ranting about me getting "coward" at the end of the match? I never got it a single time. I don't understand why points at the end mattered so much to him and why he thought I would get minus five thousand points......

Dedu

Smash Lord
He's just a BIG scrub. He's already defined his own rules of the game (no projectiles, aggressive attacking). He wanted to beat you but because he couldn't, he made a big john about instead of adapting to your counters. And to make things worse, he believes he actually wins at smash because he thinks that its not about winning at all. So he is just one big contradiction or he plays on two levels of smash - if he doesn't win in one, he knows he's won on the other. Self defeating LOL.

I'd say Sheik recovery is more versatile than Fox's recovery as its invincible but doesn't have the range of Fox's recovery. And it has that laggy animation after it if you recovered onto the stage.

I did a v small tourney for some kids at the local church. They just pressed pause during battles, delay big time at the character/level selection screen and one of them gets pissed up coz he really likes to play seriously while the others couldn't give a fvck and driving him crazy with the pauses/a -> b -> a etc button presses on character screen. And when they lose, they whine about being left out of the game.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Whoa...here's a new one. I get stuck with weirdos or something.

Random dude comes in on conversation: OH! FALCO'S WAVEDASH IS SO FAST YOU CAN SEE OTHER FALCOS BECAUSE HE MOVES SO FAST!!
Me: I think you're thinking of an actual move...his B+Left/Right move. Wavedashing isn't built in a moveset and all characters can do it.
Random Dude: Oh. What is wavedashing?
Me: Jump and instantly airdodge(that is when you press L or R in the air), but hold the control stick diagonally, so it looks like you slide.
Random Dude: OH! IS THAT LINKS UP+B!!??!
Me: No...it's just *re explains*
Random Dude: Oh. I hate Doctor Mario.

Random...confusing...I have no clue what just happened...but that was completely strange...enjoy.

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
First line is quote; second line is reaction/retort.

'Coin matches are so much better cos you don't have to kill them to win.'
I so wanted to send him out my house, but he's the only person in my area with basic knowledge of the game.

'Why won't my attacks hit you?!?' (different guy)
I told him it's because he wasn't close enough.

'Stupid computers just keep running away from you, why?' Team match, me and him vs lv 7+9 comp.
It's because I am invincible and they tend to do that when they can't hit you

'How do keep killing me so quickly?!?' I was fox and he was marth.
Tends to happen if you keep running into my shield-grab and ^B too early. Killed him with 6 shine spikes.

'OK, watch this!' Followed by him repetitively using jiggly's rollout. Just jumped and let him rollout all the way off the ledge.

'Cool, thanks!' He was trying to recover and I kept using falco's blaster to let him come back. He was happy until he realized I KOed his 230% Marth's last stock with a fully charged Fsmash. I love overkill.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Basically, any john is funny.

"WTF is wrong with this controller!!!"

"I can't see the TV!"

"I mixed up my character!"

"Mario's cape is unfair!"

It's fun to make people *****.

psicicle

Smash Ace
"I bet if I made a program that just pushed random buttons, I'd win"
"smash bros is made for 2 year olds"
"all you have to do in smash bros is button mash"
"it doesn't take skill"

Giggidax

Smash Ace
"dude ganondorf can never beat falco, untill i see it then ill never believe it"
and then he says pichu vs shiek is an easier matchup.

man dont he know ganondorf can pwn falco just as bad O_O

psicicle

Smash Ace
oh yeah, from me:

"Fox is overrated, I don't see why people say he is so fast. His smashes are pretty slow"

Before I became "enlightened"

Soma

Smash Journeyman
"Why are you going after me?!?" My friend during a FFA where he would constantly go up to me when I was preoccupied and up-b with Link, p.s. he was the only one to get a single kill against me for like 8 games. All of which were due to the same tactic... until I took out in 2 minutes.

"No Link's projectiles suck" Like 4 people at once when I tell them that you can use the other moves besides up-b, forward smash, u-air, d-air. Then I picked Link next game to prove them wrong.

"Its no fair your can get back easier." A comparison of my recovery with Fox to his with Samus... I told him to try using the bombs to float longer."

" I can't do this" my ex-roommate in college after I explained to him about edgehogging. He proceeded to jump off the ledge facing away from the stage about 6 times, each time I told him to jump backwards.

DALegendarySauce

Smash Journeyman
"I hope sonic is in the next smash"

The text below is optional

Sonic is a huge ******.

Tapping foot = gay
calling people "slow-mo's" = gay
craving chili dog's = will make him poop cause he runs a lot

all sonic has ever done is run really fast through ****ing loops, how is that a ****ing character.
Putting sonic in smash would be the equivalent of making one of the green turtles from mario a character. better yet just sell all your video game equipment and go play madden '06 and Halo 2 because that's all you deserve you stupid ****.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
My favorites are "I can beat all my friends with mewtwo because he is easilly the best character in the game" and "wtf? donkey kong isn't that fast! you're cheating!"

geno302

Smash Rookie
"Whoa! Am I drunk or did the level just change?" - On Pokemon stadium. To be fair, he probably was drunk.

"Ness is a ground based player. You're doing it all wrong, use the bat more." - And naturally, he had no idea how to counter Ness' aerial combos.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
whoa! 99 pages! there must be some very noobish people in the world. here's one.
"look dude, SSBM is dead, ok? it's been dead for a long time! How can you possibly have fun with it, it's so boring!"

this guy isn't exactly a noob, he's my second best friend at the game, but that's really saying something about the skill of my friends.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"I bet if I made a program that just pushed random buttons, I'd win"
"smash bros is made for 2 year olds"
"all you have to do in smash bros is button mash"
"it doesn't take skill"
Lol, i love it when people bring that irrelevant lie up. Seriously a group of people who have never played either of the SSB games. I showed them a pro match vid and they were amazed, and they realized how ignorant and stupid they were=ownage!

Also another one of my favs: "shielding is for noobs". Someone said this to me, so I resorted to WD, and they shielded for longer than anyone who I've ever faced in my life. Hypocritical=yes, but I still owned.

Smash Master
The only reason you win is because you play defense.
This (expletive deleted) has the only working controller
How can you dodge and attack at the same time
If I mastered defense I bet I'd win too.
How the **** can you grab me when I'm behind you. (Marth's grab hitbox[see Seanson's guide])
I'm quitting Falco. He sucks
Why do people block. There's no point.

There's more but I can't remember.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I work in a game store, and everyones favorite game is smash brothers, between all the employees anyways. we are all above average players, so its alot of fun when kids challenge us. and most of the time they pick mewtwo (god knows why) or shiek. I hear lots of dumb stuff when I shine the crap out of them.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Oooh ohhh, I got another one. This is from last night.
*I pick Roy*
guy:"Oh no, Roy"
Me:"What, it's not Marth at least."
guy:"Marth, Marth sucks compared to Roy!"
Me:*sigh*"How so?"
guy:"Roy is stronger, faster, and more manuverable than Marth, he;s just better."
Me:*turns around to a crowed of people*"Who's better, Marth or roy"
Crowed:"MARTH!!!"
guy:"N00bs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom