• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
This takes the cake :

Dumbest thing ive ever read said:
Tourney***s short for "Video Game Tournament ***got" is singlehandedly the most embarrassing thing to ever rear its distended head into the world of video gaming-- even more embarrassing than being caught masturbating to Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball by your grandmother. Tourney***s like to take flawless video games such as Super Smash Bros. Melee and beat the ever loving **** out of it with completely unnecessary rules.

At these tournaments, all the basement-dwellers get together with their Gamecubes and spend over nine thousand hours waiting to touch a **** controller and actually play the game in the biggest sausage fest on Earth. After your five to eight minutes of playing, you get to wait another nine thousand and one hours to play again-- unless you lost your last match, in which case you can either GTFO or stay and watch the rabid fanboyism. Either way, the day will end with you alone in your basement, crying, and wondering where your life went wrong.

Types of Tourney***s

* The Professional - this most likely azn player has dedicated his entire life into getting really, really, ridiculously good at playing the game. You stand no chance against him unless you are a Professional Tourney*** like him; in which case you're just as much a loser as he is. They know all the rules by heart, and have carefully calculated every statistic to give them the mathematical advantage over their opponent. Normally these Tourney***s are saving their virginity for Zelda or Princess Peach, and have a severe case of basement dweller-ism. Despite all this, they're not all that annoying, because they're generally easy to avoid.

* Typical Tourney*** - this type of Tourney*** makes up 95% of the population that goes to these tournaments. They're not as dedicated as the Professional, but they're really **** close to failing just as hard as them. They use their favorite character while acknowledging their disadvantages, but occasionally choose a less popular character simply for the sake of wanting to win, with no intention of having any fun. They tend to disagree with some of the rules unless they want to *** kiss the moron who wrote them. They're the most annoying type of Tourney***, because they're ****ing everywhere. You can most likely find them foaming at the mouth yelling at someone.

Do you have a favorite character, a favorite stage, or a favorite item? There's a 98% chance that the Tourney***s have banned all three from being used. Why? To be simply put, they do it to make the game "more fair and balanced." For example, certain stages provide "unfair defensive positions" like the far right cloud in Yoshi's Island (64) past stage. The correct thing to do when a person has an "unfair defensive position" is run over, kick their ****ing ***, and TAKE THE **** POSITION!! What the Tourney***s prefer to do is ***** and moan about it until the stage is ban-hammered. That's why Tourney***s are gay for Final Destination, there are no "unfair defensive positions."

Items are also banned. Sometimes just certain items that give "unfair advantages" like the superstar or hammer which makes a character invincible, or items that replenish heath. What the Tourney***s fail to realize is that items randomly spawn, meaning that your character has just as good a chance to nab an item as another character does. Deactivating items is a matter of preferences, but the Tourney***s are emo *****es about it.
What a bunch of morons. They're just making up stuff and assuming it's true.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Tell me where you found that. I need to know now.
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Tourney***

(the last three letters in the url are F-A-G but the board censors it, fix that and copy paste)

Enjoy.

See also

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Dylan_Tnga

They're harassing this dude Dylan_Tnga (you may know him) because of a post he made 7 months ago.

Sure he was being a prick but he calmed down like.. 3 weeks after that post, hes in my crew and hes a verrry good melee smasher. Awesome friend too.

Everything they wrote about him is lies. It makes me sick.

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
This takes the cake :

*Cue tournament rant quote*

LOL, I think someone lost a tournament >_>

Anyway....some stupid things I've heard from noobs...

About specific characters:
"Dude, rollout is Jigglypuff's best move!"
"Peach's Dsmash isn't that great. You can crouch cancel any move you know..."
"Mewtwo and Bowser are like the best characters in the game, dude!"

About strategies, etc:
"I only lose when I'm not trying..."
"Wth does wavedashing get you that rolling doesn't?"
"Hey, edgeguarding is cheap, let me back on and fight like a man!"

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
the guy who wrote that thread = shower (in french).

the internet scares me, everyones so creepy, morally twisted, and anonymous...

thats why I use the internetz. Much safer.
You're telling me... I made a post 7 months ago about how I didnt want brawl to lose wavedashing and how people who use items are pathetic (Ive changed my view on that since then, and was mostly joking to begin with)

and ended up with a community of people spamming my emails, my youtube vids, my youtube channel, anything public I had. Aswell as making a website with false information about me, insulting everything about me down to the fact that I have a birthmark on my hand.

Scary stuff indeed, here's a little sample from my youtube comments :

Some jerk said:
WAVEDASHING WALL HUGGING JUMP SLOWER DK STAGE ITEMS REQUIRED ZERO SUIT SAMUS FINAL SMASH SCRUBS BAKA SAKURAIII I'M NOT A DBZ FAN WAVEDASHING WALL HUGGING JUMP SLOWER DK STAGE ITEMS REQUIRED ZERO SUIT SAMUS FINAL SMASH SCRUBS BAKA SAKURAIII I'M NOT A DBZ FAN WAVEDASHING WALL HUGGING JUMP SLOWER DK STAGE ITEMS REQUIRED

(and so on)
I have 3000 comments like that on my youtube, mostly the same thing copypasted over and over agian.

LOL I have a great one for the thread :

So theres this TAS super smash brothers 64 video of Ant-d taking on 3 level 9 pikachus on a team against his ness and beating them (items on) without taking any damage. Someone replied with the following :

Giant idiot said:
ur hacking because when ness uses pika thunder ( the blue little ball seeen at 18 seconds it is sopposed 2 do damage to urself, so u no the he has invincible hack
Link to video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7otagizR3zk#

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
This takes the cake :

OMG, whoever does this, is the biggest loser I've ever seen. They trash all the best games, trash console fanboys (even though there's only 2 consoles that they like), and trash tournament goers, probably because they suck at life.

Seriously, If they don't like any games, and are bad at them, why do they play them in the first place? And they trash talk tournament goers for wasting their time getting good, while they go off and waste all their time writing insulting and inaccurate articles. They pretty much say:
Sports Pros=Okay
Video Game Pro's= Losers

What's the difference? Oh yeah, sports players need to be born really tall, and then they get exercise. Yes, we respect sports players more because they're taller and get exercise while being paid exorbitant amounts of money. No offense to sports players, after reading a few articles, I can't help but sound a little like them.

Oh, and another dumb thing I've heard "Oh yeah, melee, I'm a master at that game with *insert character here* because I can beat 3 lvl 9 cpu's simultaneously/ my friends using the same moves over and over. I can beat almost anyone."

-pretty much all my friends, at least when I first met them, mwahaha!!!

then people assume that they can beat someone on the sole basis that they can beat 3 level 9's and the other person can't. Don't they ever think that a strategy with good combos and juggling can't be executed with multiple opponents? Meanwhile their whole strategy is spamming the same 2 moves over and over.

The biggest problem with smash's uniqueness/ lack of online play is that anyone who beats a few of their friends/their little sister/level 9's assumes they're really good.

psicicle

Smash Ace
lol I can't beat 3 lvl 9s teamed against me (unless its ganons and I ganon stall) but I can beat almost everybody else I know besides other people who know what a short hop is

D

Deleted member

One of my friends who spams Link's Up-B and doesn't know anything about adv. techs always complains when he sees Link's Up-B motion only for me to come flying in with Fox's shffl'd N-air -> Waveshine -> Shine for the kill... he goes "You can't win with anything but that stupid shine." (Hypocricy, much? lol) then I own him as every character...

"Peach's Dsmash isn't that great. You can crouch cancel any move you know..." <---- Win

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I know this guy who is a Marth main. He's technically alright, but has no clue how to actually incorporate advanced techniques into his game, and his mindgames suck too. Anyways, he routinely loses to people who aren't very technical at all, and often comes up with ridiculous excuses. For example, I've heard him complain that G&W and Young Link have way too much priority. Keep in mind that he is a MARTH main. I'm sure I've heard a ton of other rediculous things; if I can think of any of them, I'll edit them into this post.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Myself: So why are playing Donkey Kong a lot all of a sudden?
Friend: Donkey Kong has something in his front pocket for your Falco.

I had to pause and stop the game because it was so random.

Shinku

Smash Champion
the following are johns from the same guy that says these when he loses (not me btw)

I could of beaten you man, this game got glitches

The controller was messed up. i hit A and he jumped

man thats some bull ****, i hit you first, you should of died

i aint mean to kill myself, i was trying to wavedash

your not better than me, i can beat you, this controller is just messed up

me (its always the f*king controller)

Andromeda

Smash Lord
"Ganondorf's A-attack is overpowered. In fact, everything about Ganondorf is overpowered!"

After this, he set up an own tierlist. it looked like this:

1.Fox
2.Ganondorf
3.Sheik
4.Donkey Kong
5.Dr Mario
6.Roy
7.Marth
8.Link
9.Samus
10.Captain Falcon
11.Mewtwo
12.Falco
13.Yoshi
14.Ice Climbers
15.Mario
16.Zelda
17.Pikachu
18.Mr GW
19.Peach
20.Luigi
21.Kirby
22.Young Link
23.Ness
24.Jigglypuff
25.Bowser
26.Pichu

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
"Ganondorf's A-attack is overpowered. In fact, everything about Ganondorf is overpowered!"

After this, he set up an own tierlist. it looked like this:

1.Fox
2.Ganondorf
3.Sheik
4.Donkey Kong
5.Dr Mario
6.Roy
7.Marth
8.Link
9.Samus
10.Captain Falcon
11.Mewtwo
12.Falco
13.Yoshi
14.Ice Climbers
15.Mario
16.Zelda
17.Pikachu
18.Mr GW
19.Peach
20.Luigi
21.Kirby
22.Young Link
23.Ness
24.Jigglypuff
25.Bowser
26.Pichu

hahahahahahahahaha... **** I didn't know I mained such a low tier (19) character :chuckle:

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
NOTHING COUNTERS MARIO! Not even Mario!
Well, yeah, unfortunately. I use Mario most of the time, and now I just get owned by Falco, which is my friend's 'new' character. Every attack that i'd usually do I just get pwned straight after. Ah well.

Tujex

Smash Ace
"So what is fox anyway? A dog? Oh wait."

I laughed sooooo hard that day.
LMAO, wow...that's HILARIOUS.

I find it pretty funny that my friends have their own little victory dances for the characters they main. Like the Dk main starts beating his chest and making monkey sounds whenever he does something cool, and the Marth main starts spitting random sounds out as if he's speaking Japanese. It's hilarious!

Especially when the Yoshi main makes the little groaning sound he makes when he uses his double jump. Classic.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
"Isn't wavedashing where you press the b button in the air after pressing the A button?" - my friend, over the phone.

>____________>;

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
i know what, ''This game sucks i can own you in other games'' or maybe ''If i had this game more than you i would kick your arse'' ,but the really funny ''the reason you can beat me because you choose the strongest character in the game...Peach...''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom