• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the farthest you had to go for a tourney?

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Soap AZ and I drove 8 hours once. It sucked, but we stayed at Chu's house which was tight.

EDIT: Flames of Bowser was pretty far too, but it was only like 6 or so right?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lets see...
yea I guess that counts for longest drive.
Then...California from DC is my longest distance.

Anyways, I'm moving this thread to MD.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
941 miles from Wilmington, NC to FC 6 and Diamond. But that was in planes. It took like 12 hours to get from FC to Memphis by Greyhound. Longest driving distance in a car would probably be from Memphis to Columbus (around 6-7 hours) for G4S 2, 3, and 4.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Santa Cruz, CA to Mount Airy, MD;

About 2420 mi as the crow flies.

Though I think driving to Seattle was a longer trip, at a 14 hour drive.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
10.5 hours to indiana for FC-D. but here's the kicker: i made that drive by myself with no one else in the car and no sleep time in the midst of it. i think i've got most everyone beat since people tend to fly/split driving for long trips like that

Crashmania

Smash Journeyman
17 hours straight in car to moast3 in texas. had a smash setup in the car though so it was tight

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I don't know the exact time total, but I flew from Idaho Falls to Los Angeles for a SoCal Biweeklie. ^_^

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't know the exact time total, but I flew from Idaho Falls to Los Angeles for a SoCal Biweeklie. ^_^
I flew from St. George, UT to Idaho Falls just to play at an 8 man tournament you hosted. :p

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Orlando FL to Pound 2 in Maryland. I forgot the name of the city though. My crew and I went by plane and stayed there for a while.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
The farthest i've ever traveled for a tournament was to my basement and back.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Flew to WI for 2 1/2 hours, then drove 8 hours to Indiana for FC Diamond...so about 10 1/2 hours =) SoBe + Dragonforce = survival

Top Bottom