• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the funniest thing somebody has said to you about Smash?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
So at the beginning of each school year, some of the teachers do games at the beginning of the year related to the students so that they can remember everyone's name. One of my teachers wanted everyone to put three facts of themselves, and have the students figure out who it is. He seemed to understand most of the cards, but somebody used Smash Bros for it. So when he read it out...

"I main...... Duck Hunt?......... for...... Super Smash Bros........" And then half the class raises the hands.

Neither the teacher nor 90% of the students (If not more) knew what Smash Bros was, let alone who the heck mained Duck Hunt (I actually knew who it was, he's one of my friends, but I think that 50% of the class were just guessing. Either way, the remaining questions gave it away, he's half celebraity in the school)

Morbi

Scavenger
Has anyone ever seen that ledge-crawling video? That was pretty funny. I mean, he did not say it to me directly, obviously. However, it was still an ill informed Smasher pretending to understand the game at a higher level than his friends.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
One time I mentioned Smash Bros in a conversation with a bunch of non-Nintendo gamers, and for 10 minutes I had to sit through listening to them talk about how awesome it would be to have ALL of the TF2 characters in the game.

ALL OF THEM.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
One time I mentioned Smash Bros in a conversation with a bunch of non-Nintendo gamers, and for 10 minutes I had to sit through listening to them talk about how awesome it would be to have ALL of the TF2 characters in the game.

ALL OF THEM.
Just show them this:
Heavy+Medic combo would be awesome tho

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
"Low tier characters can't overcome top tier characters"

I'm willing to acknowledge tiers for the basis of that there's no such thing as true balance. But I can't abide by the idea that a player who is fantastic with a lower tier character can't beat a good player of Rosalina or Shiek. Competitive Smash drives me insane I can't even deal with the mindset. 99% terrible. Though I've met a few competitive players that are cool.

Also
"Melee is the best Smash game"
"Melee had much better physics"

Makes me laugh and then get irritated every time. Melee was a great game but it just can't hold a candle to Smash 4.

inb4 ****storm

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
"Customs are trash"
"Ganondorf is a **** character"
"Smash 4 isn't actually balanced at all because Zelda's bad"
"Zero's switching to melee because Smash 4 is braindead"

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I was in tenth grade when the GameCube came out. My dad picked one up from a local game shop that doesn't exist anymore, along with Melee, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and an extra controller for my brother. We hooked it up to our TV, booted up Melee for the for the first time and, for whatever reason, Mushroom Kingdom was the first stage we played on.

That's when my dad looked at the TV for the first time since we started playing and said, "I paid 300 bucks for a brand new game and it looks like one you had 15 years ago?!" Not sure why, but that's always stuck with me.

Newtonjar

Smash Cadet
I was in tenth grade when the GameCube came out. My dad picked one up from a local game shop that doesn't exist anymore, along with Melee, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and an extra controller for my brother. We hooked it up to our TV, booted up Melee for the for the first time and, for whatever reason, Mushroom Kingdom was the first stage we played on.

That's when my dad looked at the TV for the first time since we started playing and said, "I paid 300 bucks for a brand new game and it looks like one you had 15 years ago?!" Not sure why, but that's always stuck with me.
Wait, three hundred dollars?

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I wonder why he said that since if you looked at any Nintendo consoles prior to the GCN you would see that it clearly had the best graphics to date at the time.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I wonder why he said that since if you looked at any Nintendo consoles prior to the GCN you would see that it clearly had the best graphics to date at the time.
But they picked the 8-bit style Mushroom Kingdom stage

D

Deleted member

"Meta Knight is F-tier! He was only good in Brawl, that's it."

"The characters in Project M are good because they overpowered all the crappy characters."

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I came to this thread expecting actually, y'know, funny things, not facepalm worthy, or overly opinionated things. Definitely dissapointed, so far.

Anyway my sad attempt:

"THAT DUDE'S A GOD"
-My buddy after seeing Male WFT do Sun salutation.

May not be funny reading it, but that **** was hilarious in person.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
The one that always gets me is when people say that the competitive scene would be less interesting with more viable characters. Despite hearing countless varied arguments toward this, I still completely disagree. Maybe I'm too hung up on characters, but I'll always be that way. I refuse to main someone I have zero interest in. Normally I'd play something like PM, but most Smashers I know have been heavily avoiding stuff like PM of late for this very reason. "Everyone's too good in PM", etc.

You know what I think? I think you're afraid of learning more than 8 MUs.

One argument could be made that having a lot of viable characters would turn the game into nothing but counterpicks, but that would imply maining all or at least the majority of the cast and that would be a mess.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
The one that always gets me is when people say that the competitive scene would be less interesting with more viable characters. Despite hearing countless varied arguments toward this, I still completely disagree. Maybe I'm too hung up on characters, but I'll always be that way. I refuse to main someone I have zero interest in. Normally I'd play something like PM, but most Smashers I know have been heavily avoiding stuff like PM of late for this very reason. "Everyone's too good in PM", etc.

You know what I think? I think you're afraid of learning more than 8 MUs.

One argument could be made that having a lot of viable characters would turn the game into nothing but counterpicks, but that would imply maining all or at least the majority of the cast and that would be a mess.
This doesn't really fit with the thread but I agree with what you're saying. I think all the "great" characters are established in the first few months and then everyone's too afraid to play as any of the other ones who weren't as lucky from the start. Personally, I think trying characters from all tiers probably works best in Smash 4 just because the game is so balanced (compared to the others). But it can definitely be good in any of the games.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
This doesn't really fit with the thread but I agree with what you're saying. I think all the "great" characters are established in the first few months and then everyone's too afraid to play as any of the other ones who weren't as lucky from the start. Personally, I think trying characters from all tiers probably works best in Smash 4 just because the game is so balanced (compared to the others). But it can definitely be good in any of the games.
I feel ya. Remember when we all sucked and thought Mac was OP and should be banned?

I could do with Smash 4 being just a liiittle more balanced, though...

...signed, the guy who's mains can't do a damn thing to Sheik. :4mewtwo::4robinf::4feroy:Lol

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I feel ya. Remember when we all sucked and thought Mac was OP and should be banned?

I could do with Smash 4 being just a liiittle more balanced, though...

...signed, the guy who's mains can't do a damn thing to Sheik. :4mewtwo::4robinf::4feroy:Lol
Roy is really good. Robin's not bad either.

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
It is hard for me to restrain myself when someone says: "All you have to do in Smash is just mash random buttons and hope you win by luck. SO HARD TO KEEP MY TEMPER!!!!!!!!!

IronicPomegranate

Smash Rookie
I met one kid who thought Brawl was the first smash game and Smash 4 was the second. The worst part was that he mentioned having played Melee, not knowing it came before Brawl.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Has anyone ever seen that ledge-crawling video? That was pretty funny. I mean, he did not say it to me directly, obviously. However, it was still an ill informed Smasher pretending to understand the game at a higher level than his friends.
Could I get a link to this?

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
"Does higher percent mean I'm winning?"

"Smash takes no skill and is for kiddies."

"I like Samus, he's the coolest GUY ever."

"Woah, they have toon "Zelda" and regular "Zelda" in the game now?!?!."

Last edited:

Adamas

Smash Cadet
NNID
BackupAdamas
My best friend said, and I quote, "Little Mac is OP, his ability to recover should be nerfed, and he should do less damage."

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Early 3DS days in a nutshell. Good not so good times.
I still have no idea on how anyone could have ever thought Mac was OP. Having no aerial game/recovery is really bad in a game where shield grabs are so strong. Even from the beginning, he was mid tier at best.

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
I still have no idea on how anyone could have ever thought Mac was OP. Having no aerial game/recovery is really bad in a game where shield grabs are so strong. Even from the beginning, he was mid tier at best.
I don't know either. But the game was still only a week old. Maybe everyone was going FG and picking mac because it was easier to rekt scrubs.

Top Bottom