• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the one thing that made you say **** this is the best game ever??

ChewyChase

Smash Cadet
1. Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Wi-Fi
3. Stage Builder
4. Sonic the Hedgehog
5. It has Smash Bros. in the title
6. Gameplay
7. Other Nintendo series love
7.5. Legend of Zelda
8. Sonic the Hedgehog is in a good game again
9. Sonic knocking the bloody snot out of Mario
10. ...Did I mention, Sonic?

It's like they read my MIND on the the ability to take screenshots at any time also! If I were ever NOT playing competitively I was playing FFAs with my friends and funny stuff would happen... we'd pause and something stupid would be there... My best memory is of Ness releasing a Clefairy that unleashed a grounding move while C.F. was hugging (up-B) my link... I SO wish that it was in Brawl that that happened, because it was proof that Falcon is ... strange.

SeventhSage

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion (...I dont care about yours) Super Smash Melee was the best game (until now) of all time because it had most of the best characters in video game history...

Super Smash bros Brawl is the best video game for all these reasons:

-You can play as Zelda and Sheik (lol I'm biased on this one but that means you can play characters that arent playable anywhere else!)
-It is a simple game with a simple goal
-It is a complicated game with complicated techniques
-Everyone like AT LEAST one character (one is the very minimum)
-The game is now.. ONLINE !!
-The gameplay is fun, varied and original
-The stages are varied (colorful or violent-looking)
-They included everything (from Mario to Captain Olimar, there are many items, kick *** assist trophies, an adventure mode....)
-The graphics were awesome in Melee, theyre even better in Brawl !
-The music themes are delicious and there are many of them
-The game can be played by anyone, whatever their age (my grand-father plays DK with fierce competitiveness and my 6 years old cousin plays Peach with ... well, fun)
-With the event mode, adventure mode, target test, training mode, baseball bat test...... the game has more replay value than any other game!
-You can kick Peach's *** as much as you want (lol I love Peach but admit it, in a fair fight she couldnt beat anyone even with a bazooka ! Plus her screams when she dies are so **** fexy =P
-They got rid of Pichu (I liked to play as him but come on... that's still Pichu)

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
OMG p00ned!

Zelda KO Ike at 54% with Fair XD

Even though that's not very likely anymore with easy DI and stuff, it's probably what sold me instantaneously.

Realistically, I didn't need to be sold. I would have bought the game no matter what.

J18

Smash Journeyman
pretty much everything. obviously there were things that made me say "what. the. ****." but really it looks like it's gonna be alotta fun.
and for the thread, main points are sonic, stage builder, and wifi play

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
My one thing? When I first laid eyes on the Sonic update on my iPod Touch in the one place we went to with Internet access during a 3-day school trip to Washington DC. Of course, with such limited internet access and not really going on smashboards then, I didn't know that Sakurai announced Sonic the day before in a press conference, or that there was a delay.

But, I am a big Sonic fan (especially the 3D titles), and this literally made me go ballistic with excitement and realized that Brawl was a game that would be revolutionary to me.

Qlink

Smash Apprentice
THis is gonna be the best game for the wii to date...i just hope they make a better one for the next nintendo concele...BRAWL RULES

If you say brawl sucks...then why are you on the smashboards.com which is about smash bros...(this is to anybody who says brawl sucks)

tMoC

Smash Apprentice
When Squirtle's shell attack connects, it makes the same sound as a Koopa shell getting kicked from the Mario games.

It doesn't make SSBX the best game, though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
the music.

seriously.

Sakurai must read my mind, he gave me every music track I wanted in this game.
My thoughts exactly. the minute I heard that the original Gerodu Valley track (The spanish guitar music) from OoT was in, I was sold. Completely.

Well, that, and these other things

-Diddy, complete with his Dk64 weapons and jetpack. Along with his jump and cartwheel, he got the cartwheel! I <3 you Sakurai!

-Olimar being in, and working just like we of the Pikmin thought he would.

Mushroomy Kingdom

75m, Great Sea, And many other stages

Online Play. Big one here. Dont have to play with CPUs anymore.

Stage Builder, and how awesome it is.

An epic adventure written by the writer of FF7.

The opening scene of level 29 of SSE.

The amount of extra features, holy ****!

Everything about it in general. Brawl ftw.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
This is not the best game ever in my opinion, and games will certainly top it in the future.

BUT this game is still epic, awesome, and really fun. Will be a strong nominee for game of the year.

Anyways, answering the question. The characters and the custom level editor.

Darkslash

Smash Master
3 landmasters(OMG BEST THIN EVAR)
Final Smash that makes the eye twith
Final Smash that makes Final Fantasy 7 Omnislash look like you've been Paper cut
And the fact WOLF is their

i think My eye is twitching from its glory. And it's not out yet XD

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
The hope to have some online fights.... that really made me to jump in joy...

That epic sonic trailer....... i still remember that day,.... i was thinking like "wow now this game will really hit the news in every gaming site".

And the stage builder....... its just too awersome

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
When I saw the epic soundtrack... the zelda songs, and some of the kirby songs wow.. online play and lucario really looks cool... AND!!! Sheik dressed in black AMAGAD....!!!

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
I actually realized what made this game amazing to me a few days ago: Stage Creator.

I was thinking to myself and wondering how fast Brawl will get boring and then I remembered Stage Creator and completely made my own day. It'll never get boring.

Top Bottom