• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the one thing that makes you good?

-Ran

Smash Master
Since we all like to stroke our egos:

Narrow down everything that you do in Smash to one quintessential concept, and describe why it makes you good. Don't just say Mind games, go in depth. I'm curious and bored.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
My skills that I used to have in Smash64.

And the fact that I can sometimes combo. Also, I play decently well with a low-tier character (Link,) even in matchups that I should be getting killed in. (Against Sheik in Melee)

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Understanding the range of moves. If you understand how far an attack reaches and in what direction you can work on timing it perfectly so that it won't ever miss (except from dodges of course). This goes toward projectiles and items as well.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
My valuation abilities; the ability to see what matters and what doesn't. It really applies to everything.

Browny

Smash Hater
My ability to not john like crazy every time something goes wrong, and watch replays etc to learn from my mistakes.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
My ability to not john like crazy every time something goes wrong, and watch replays etc to learn from my mistakes.
1st off, I only really save replays of my mistakes :laugh:.

Secondly, I don't really care whether I win or lose a match, or a series of matches. Just as long as I learn something about my character I'm happy.
I take learning thins in baby steps- I started using shieldgrabs yesterday, as I've never really used them before, and now I have something effective to incorporate in my playstyle.

In conclusion, I have a casual attitude towards winning, but I am slowly learning all the techniques my character, and the game, has to offer.

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
I think that I'm a fairly good ike user. I can space well with him, I know the range of his moves (tipper fsmash is a specialty of mine) and I hardly ever use quickdraw.

I need to work on my aetherspiking, fastfalling bairs and jab canceling.

In general, I need to read and watch my opponents more, and work on not losing my composure during a match.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
The fact that I can use a lots of characters even tourney wise. From Top Tier to Bottom, I can take out anything at any time. I just need to know my match-ups.

Ange

Smash Lord
The fact that I SD myself sometimes when I try to edgeguard. LOL

I dont know, Im not that great anyway.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
I know more about the game than most people because I read up on games I like a lot. So I have a lot of head knowledge.

But everything else sucks because I don't get to practice against people. I can beat scrubs and casuals but that's pretty much it. Sometimes when I play I am losing and I think "that thing that he is doing is kicking my butt but it really shouldn't be, I just suck at this."

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Watch other good people play, Save replys when I lose ( Mostly when I lose Badly ) , And Take advice from people who know what there doing!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I want someone to tell ME why I am good.

Brawl is very small in my town, tourneys rarely go over 12 or so unless OOC players come.

There is a gap between me and the rest of the players.

I travel around the state occasionally and I will play on tournament day, but that's usually it.

I don't practice at home, online, etc.

All I do is sit and think briefly about the game.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Blitzkrieg offense with the ability to observe and regain momentum fairly quickly (usually). Then again, my opponents aren't all that great and often fall into predictable patterns...

Smash Master
High risk, high reward tactics, especially running up to people and doing nothing. They dodge ~ 60% of the time; more if they don't know me.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I want someone to tell ME why I am good.

Brawl is very small in my town, tourneys rarely go over 12 or so unless OOC players come.

There is a gap between me and the rest of the players.

I travel around the state occasionally and I will play on tournament day, but that's usually it.

I don't practice at home, online, etc.

All I do is sit and think briefly about the game.
This.
I don't get too many opportunities to play during the week, so to get better, I just do theorycraft on approaches and simulate situations in my head.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
The Triforce of Power Combo.

Ganondorf's Side B + Down Tilt + Up Tilt + Up B + Side B.

It ***** hard.

Top Bottom