• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the point?

CrystalMidnight

Smash Cadet
Ok now I know I'm going to get flamed for this thread but I do have a question. Why do people get so mad when someone posts a thread in a room it shouldn't go. Like Harry Potter going in the pool room. I just don't get it you know. Sure it would seem annoying to some people but hell why would you take the time to flame at someone for making that kind of mistake when you could just ignore it. Honestly at times it seems as though it'd be faster if we didn't have so many different rooms to post a ****in thread. So talk to me people, why use up time to flame when you could ignore people. Or do you think it's silly to have so many rooms?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It was posted by a banned user who doesn't get the point.

We usually either close the posts or move it. Flaming done by members is usually warned.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's like taking a nap in your kitchen.

Why would you take a nap in the kitchen when you have a perfectly fine bedroom?

Same sort of thing applies here. The fact that people talk about things in a place other than the place where things like that are mean to be talked about is just annoying.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
It was posted by a banned user who doesn't get the point.

We usually either close the posts or move it. Flaming done by members is usually warned.
QTF

the member in question was Tera. . .one who wasnt liked at all in the first place. she used another account and got tipped off by her IP address.

if it was a n00b, n00b i dont thing any flaming would have taken place

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
We have the rules posted everywhere.

It gets frustrating when people don't even read them.
We have different rooms because we have thousands and thousands of members.....

Think about it.
If every member posted a different topic...but in the same room, it'd be incredibly disorganized.
We all have different interests and questions. Since SWF is so large, it kind of requires different themed rooms just for some sort of stability.

Imagine how hard it would be to cut down spam if we had just a few rooms full of hundreds of active topics.

Legit and purposeful topics could be buried under others in a matter of hours.

Also, as CK and Marth said, the user that posted the topic in question has been banned roughly six[?] times now.
That also gets frustrating.

Shazz

Smash Journeyman
Forget what everyone said, its just an easy way to raise post counts without having anything to say about the topic.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Moderators need to keep track of rooms, in order to weed out the spam, and to make sure people are following the rules and not abusing others. Now, if there were less rooms, with the sheer number of people posting on this forum, and the number of posts made every day, can you imagine how much harder that would make their job? It would be terribly confusing, and there would be so many topics to wade through to find anything.

We have different rooms for different topics so that everybody can find what they want quickly, and to create environments for members to freely talk about different topics and areas, and also to make moderator's lives easier.

And as for "flaming", yes, it is frowned upon.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think a better question is "What's the point in NOT following the rules?"

Top Bottom