• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the weirdest or funniest way you've won an online match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I did a match tonight where the rules were 1v1 2-stock, 4:00, omega, no items. I was basically getting owned, taking about 120% damage while dealing only 27% until the other player made a mistake and air dodged themselves off the level and died with no jump remaining. Then they came back and immediately knocked me off the level. They completely whiffed on their edge guard off the level, and by luck I jumped off their character's head on my recovery so they fell and died with only 2% damage.

I won the match 2-0 in less than 1:30 with no deaths and dealt only 29% total damage. This will literally never happen again lol.

Last edited:

Crescentium

Smash Cadet
I started playing online today. I choked during a last stock situation, got punched in the face really hard, and lost... to Bizzarro Flame's Dr. Mario...on stream no less. It was the first time I ever got to fight Bizz online despite being a regular on his streams for 3+ years, but it was really fun and I'm glad that I got to have that opportunity. The chat and I started joking about how getting punched in the face by Bizzarro Flame was a rite of passage. Other funny stream moments include a Megaman getting a "F-Smash back massage" from Bizz's Dr. Mario, and the same Megaman taking a Ganondorf Up-smash to the... family jewels... Can't wait to play with Bizz again soon!

Edit: Played some quickplay with Rosalina, bumped into a Ness. We settled for a truce and decided to be friendly the whole match.

Last edited:

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Spammed pk fire at a ganon trying to recover and kept getting stuck in the fires so he killed himself of all 3 stocks and forfieted.

Last edited:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Was fighting a Pichu as ROB and somehow managed a stage spike and a regular Dair spike before he could even get one stock. Was so mad he tried to carry me to the blastzone but messed up and I got away with ROB's awesome recovery, he proceeded to miss the ledge and allow me to win that fight with a 3 stock victory. I'd feel bad for him, but I'm not that fond of Pichu in the first place :p

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
a funny moment huh? don't know or this is counted as funny, but i had this 1 battle against a good Ness player while i played as Falco, he was kinda better then me, when we both were on our last life i had high damage and he had close to none..but then time was over and so it ended up being a sudden death and literally without effort i knocked him out..it was satisfying and funny to me but the Ness player might not had been amused lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was losing 2-1 with 190% [this was the first day i had the game] i was using Little mac
I was against a:ultlucas: so i usmashed him on the top platform of battlefield he was at like 20% and i blindly jumped and used up b and some how hit and carried him to his premature death and then my ko punch charged i hit hit him with a forward smash and hit him with my ko punch and somehow won

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Stand still. Opponent literally killed himself in a non laggy match lol.

Another favorite of mine is the matches with Marth and using his Up B to ricochet the opponent off the stage and into the blast zone, wherever there trying to gimp my recovery. Always looked pretty funny to me.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Another favorite of mine is the matches with Marth and using his Up B to ricochet the opponent off the stage and into the blast zone, wherever there trying to gimp my recovery. Always looked pretty funny to me.
I love doing this same thing with Lucina.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I was playing King K. Rool against this Bayonetta. She was absolutely demolishing me. Witch timing me, comboing me, making hard reads, you name it. So it's last stock last minute or so. She's at forty I'm at two hundred and forty. SO she keeps spotdodging my grabs and stuff and killing me offstage. So I just go stupid mode, autopilot, whatever you want to call it. So i land a dash attack to get her to like 60. Fail to hit her with my crown, then I go for a grab. But when I do, the game starts lagging so I mash the C stick to make it go faster. [not smart, I know, but hey] So she spotdodges my intended grab, but it inputs an f smash instead so I end up killing her at 60.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I’m playing a Dedede against a Pichu. Towards the end, the Pichu gets me under the stage and he tries to follow me under. But he messes up as I try to recover wth no jumps. He tried to recover but fails. I hit the hnderside of the stage and we both fall into blast zone at the same time. We tied.

I lost the sudden death match.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It was back in Smash 4 and I was playing as Bowser and I was against a Pikachu player. I was at a high percent damage and I was on the far left of the stage and the Pikachu player was on the far right off the stage. He charges up his side-b and when he released he was at full speed, I hit him directly with a back-air and it sends him flying out of bounds and KO's him. It was really ******.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Around the first week of playing, I played against this Richter with Mario. I accidentally SD the first stock in the first few seconds because I accidentally air dodged off the stage and the lag from it is horrendous (But now I know). I eventually made a comeback and I almost lost my last stock to his down B to Fsmash. I came back, fsmashed him and caped him to my victory.

It was a clutch yet funny victory.

SiO2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sprocket
Reflect a Villager that is recovering to stage with Lloyd Rocket for some reason.

Not glamorous, but I'm not gonna say no to a free KO.

PURGE THEM LIKE THE

Smash Apprentice
Some foolish little starlight child's rules were 3 stock 3 minutes with stages that included the dk stage with the water at the bottom blastzone. I was using mewtwo vs their chrom. I played the match normally and was up 2 stocks to 1. There was a minute left on the clock, so I camped on the left platform. They would keep jumping at me, only to get thrown back off over and over. I timed them out.

Another time I was simon vs some starlight child's cloud on the zelda train stage. Their first stock was lost by me fsmashing them to the right and them being unable to make it back onto the train because cloud's up b goes no where. They hit the ground and died. The other 2 stocks were lost from me throwing the cloud and fairing them as they immediately double jumped. The match took just a little more than a minute.

I've won many games on dumb walkoff stages by sitting at the blastzone waiting to backthrow.

I also have fought several item matches and always won by simply waiting for the items to spawn.

All of this stuff is block-worthy in my humble, correct opinion. Please stop making bs rules, people.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I came across this Snake one day and I had racked up his percentage quite bit on his last stock. I did a short hop PSI Magnet into forward air and he died from center stage. It blew my mind.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Had another funny one last week that I forgot about!

My buddy Rob was coming over one night and he happened to ring the door bell while I was in the middle of a match with both my opponent and me on our last stocks, except my opponent was at like 30% while I was at around 120% already. I managed to get up, shuffle over to the door, take one hand off the controller, undo the chain, put my hand back to jump and move around a bit, take my hand off again and undo the deadbolt, put hand back and move, take hand off and unlock the doorknob and open the door, get my hand back on the controller, and comeback to win the match.

I can only imagine my opponent's reaction if they knew that I stayed alive at 120% while mostly playing one handed and still pulled out the win.

ALiBi212

Smash Cadet
NNID
ALiBi212
I had a hilarious ending while playing as Bowser. I was being quite disrespectful to an opponent who was spamming too much. They were playing as Wolf and would not stop spamming laser. I just kept short hopping into fire-breath, grab pummel, etc until they got to like 200%. Then, I would smash them into oblivion.

When they reached 215% on stock 3 they decided they've had enough. Instead of letting me 3-stock them via the biggest dropkick they've ever seen in their life, they held left after breaking my grab to SD off the ledge.

I wasn't letting them go that easy.

I jumped off the ledge and command grabbed them with Bowser's side-B, bringing them back onto the stage and slamming them down for a glorious slow-motion belly slam.

I could only imagine the salt on their end of the situation.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I had a hilarious ending while playing as Bowser. I was being quite disrespectful to an opponent who was spamming too much. They were playing as Wolf and would not stop spamming laser. I just kept short hopping into fire-breath, grab pummel, etc until they got to like 200%. Then, I would smash them into oblivion.

When they reached 215% on stock 3 they decided they've had enough. Instead of letting me 3-stock them via the biggest dropkick they've ever seen in their life, they held left after breaking my grab to SD off the ledge.

I jumped off the ledge and command grabbed them with Bowser's side-B, bringing them back onto the stage and slamming them down for a glorious slow-motion belly slam.

I do hope you saved that replay and made a video out of it.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026

It makes me happy to know that there's a Bowser player using the command grab as an anti-suicide move instead of a kamikaze move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom