• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whats the worst thing you ever heard someone say about melee?

Turazrok

Smash Master
"I don't like melee cuz it's like I get hit once and I lose my stock"

DoctorBendz

Smash Cadet
"this game won't ever be as deep as traditional fighters."

right, a frame-driven platform fighter can't compete with the insanity of moving back and forth.
People in here are seriously underestimating the depth of games like SF. Just because you're too uneducated about the game to see it doesn't mean it isn't there. Isn't that what this thread is about in the first place? Way to be exactly like what you're detesting.

Also, someone else mentioned Tekken being a deep fighting game. :ohwell: I could probably start a "What's the worst thing you heard someone say about fighters" thread on SRK using a bunch of posts in here as quotes...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
we're not underestimating the depth of SF
it's just others are really underestimating the depth of smash

there's more options in smash and more stuff involved

soju

SD God
Worst:
"Brawl is like melee, except with Sonic, so it's better" I died a little inside. . .

Funniest:
"Sheik isn't gay, it's technically a girl with a man's body" XDDD

Jonas

Smash Champion
What exactly does "frame driven" mean? Do other fighters not have frames or what? >_>

Anyway you can't say which fighting game is deepest unless you play both of them competitively. If Melee is deeper than Street Fighter because you're doing more than "moving back and forth", you might as well say Budokai Tenkaichi is deeper than Melee because you can move freely in all three dimensions.

dealth0072

Smash Journeyman
I like Brawl more than Melee. you can do combo's easier -My older brother of 19.
I am 14

Hurrrr.. In all honesty though he's played since 64 and played Melee a **** ton back in the day, he refuses to use anyone other than Pikachu though, because you know, he played as him all the time, and he grew up with Pokemans.

Eggm

Smash Hero
"Melee combos are the same thing as getting a smashball in brawl"

- AlphaZealot

That might not be the exact quote but it was very similar around when brawl was released. That was his argument for why brawl was better than melee when everyone was complaining about the lack of hitstun.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
worst thing i ever heard from my cousins,

"you took the fun away from melee"

bull$h!t

Arcade

Smash Ace
Alex C gave it a 2 :
Where do i begin? the one player mode is long, boring and makes no sense, and to complete that with every character would be boring as hell. Multiplayer is crap unless you have someone to play it with.
I didn't even know you could play multiplayer without other people.

Geist

Smash Master
*kid walks up* "oh wow you guys are noobs you didn't even unlock wolf yet" *kid walks away*

I don't think I've laughed that hard since.

Smash Master
Someone said that he didn't like melee because it was slower than brawl.

Luckily I had melee with me.

JV 5-stock.

Silk

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone posted the "Ganondorf Punch" rant? Has to be the stupidest think I've ever read about Melee.

"I will be brief, Ganon has his air forward, we call it, THE PUNCH"

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
"Melee has no mind games, you just mash buttons all day, Brawl takes way more skill."

Im pretty sure i almost stabbed the guy in the neck with my pen...

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
I like how so many people in this thread think comparing Melee to Brawl is some of the worst you could possibly say about the game :lol:
Its like comparing Santa Claus to putting your nut sack in a microwave. One brings you presents the other causes testicular cancer...hmmm presents...testicular caancer....

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
"melee has no mindgames" i heard it a lot...
LIES! There's a freakin' combo video called "Mindgames - A SSBM Combo Video". But I guess Smash-bashing can go both ways... Just that comebacks attacking Melee are significantly less effective :D

Top Bottom