• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's with all the spammers on online mode?

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Spam only Falcon Punches. You're sure to perfect hitting with it if you just keep doing it :p

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I fought a player named Horrible who spammed Dark Pit's Forward B the entire match. It was literally the only move he/she seemed to know how to use. Needless to say, the person did not accomplish much.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
The only thing I hate are the damn DeDeDe Gordos.
I don't know why, but...
mah brain. It cannot deal. I just can't find a way to adapt. As soon as I see one, I just derp the **** out.
That and DeDeDe is pretty insanely good as a whole. Like, almost broken.
But that's just my uneducated opinion. Don't attack me, you angry DeDeDe mains.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
This is where maining Zelda is nice. I can either use Nayru's Love as a reflector or, my favorite, Farore's Wind to punish their ending lag from spamming projectiles.

I've used it against Duck Hunts and OHHH it feels SOOO good to observe a spammer panic once their best strategy is taken from them.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I don't know why, but...
mah brain. It cannot deal. I just can't find a way to adapt. As soon as I see one, I just derp the **** out.
Did you know that you can reflect his Gordos back at him just by attacking them? The way they bounce up and down sort of messes with your head but once you get over that, they really aren't a big deal.

Other than that, his moves are slow and punishable.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Wait guys. I won't be using Falcon. He isn't even a good spammer. I may try Samus. Roll, charge b, side b spam, unleash the the energy.
This is not because I want to be mean.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Did you know that you can reflect his Gordos back at him just by attacking them? The way they bounce up and down sort of messes with your head but once you get over that, they really aren't a big deal.

Other than that, his moves are slow and punishable.
Well, another aspect that makes me see him as a god is his recovery. Up-B'd by ZSS at 130% and still gets back on stage. It's mad.
And I know about the gordos, but it's odd how sometimes they change in the way they act. On occasion they'll bounce in a more vertical manner which can be confusing. I usually end up using Naryu's love or another reflective move on them to be safe, but still. There are times when it's extremely awkward.
That being said, I most likely need to get used to how he plays, as I've literally only played about 3 DeDeDe players ever. (Who all took about 9 wins each against me in for glory.)

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
i just fought a rosalina that kept running away and spamming luma, easily the most annoying thing i've seen.

unity

Smash Rookie
I see a lot of Dark Pit spamming especially with side A move, its just overpowered and cheap >inb4someonecallsmeanoob

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I connected to online today and it infuriated me when my first oppoent was a Little Mac spammer. I said I will only give online one more chance for a decent match. I faced a Zelda, yay happy days, there is hope... NOPE DINS FIRE/DASH ATTACK SPAMMER. I wasn't playing Rosie or Robin so I was REKT...

Goodbye online, seeya possibly in WiiU

@ thatoneguy1 thatoneguy1

A disgrace to Rosie players... Stupid spammers...

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Well I mean, spammers are often not that good...so I don't mind =P rack up wins~

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
When I use Bowser Jr. online i fight many spammers then I switch to Villager Or the same char they use and do the exact same but switch it up a little.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Well, another aspect that makes me see him as a god is his recovery. Up-B'd by ZSS at 130% and still gets back on stage. It's mad.
And I know about the gordos, but it's odd how sometimes they change in the way they act. On occasion they'll bounce in a more vertical manner which can be confusing. I usually end up using Naryu's love or another reflective move on them to be safe, but still. There are times when it's extremely awkward.
That being said, I most likely need to get used to how he plays, as I've literally only played about 3 DeDeDe players ever. (Who all took about 9 wins each against me in for glory.)
Triple D's Up B is extremely punishable. Just get out of the way, and grab him if he gets on stage. Or attack him when on the ledge. Or just wait.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I actually like slashing at him with Marth when he's at the height of his up-B =P

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I don't know why, but...
Dedede is nothing close to broken. Hit the Gordos back at him, you'll send him flying. He's slow, has some landing lag, big hit box, and easy to dodge and grab. I use him a bit, but ultimately he isn't that hard to deal with.

lunarum

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4055-3233-5833
This is where maining Zelda is nice. I can either use Nayru's Love as a reflector or, my favorite, Farore's Wind to punish their ending lag from spamming projectiles.

I've used it against Duck Hunts and OHHH it feels SOOO good to observe a spammer panic once their best strategy is taken from them.
You had me at Duck Hunts, I might actually add Zelda as a main to do this.

Kekezo

Smash Cadet
Meh. So far I've seen projectile spamming is the most effective spamming.
Really though, if someone's spamming, chances are their playstyle is easily readable. Just jump/roll spam until you can attack them.
If they keep doing it, just leave and search for someone else.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Meh. So far I've seen projectile spamming is the most effective spamming.
Really though, if someone's spamming, chances are their playstyle is easily readable. Just jump/roll spam until you can attack them.
If they keep doing it, just leave and search for someone else.
I agree about the leave and search. Honestly, Samus spam is extremely annoying. I cannot do anything about it either being a Falcon main. The missiles come out to quick, and when I dodge or block, the energy blast comes next. I know it is coming, and the only thing I see effective against a Samus ( when I am on the other side of the stage) is to full hop and double jump and then down b on her. And then she rolls and punished me.
lol. spamming Samus is annoying against a wanna-be-good Falcon player.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
They're spamming to fish for your frustration.

I imagine with the lag that I've heard about in For Glory though it wouldn't be as easy to deal with as normal offline matches or some online matches with friends.

Last edited:

ThisThreadSucks

Smash Rookie
As someone who sees fighting games as essentially complex games of rock-paper-scissors with execution/reflexes mixed in (which then also become part of each players' risk/reward analysis), if my opponent is playing rock every time, you can be damn sure I'll be playing paper until he/she does otherwise. An opponent who refuses to use scissors because it'd be "spamming" is what makes me want to find someone else to play against.

A "spammer" isn't necessarily throwing aside their "honor" and "morals" because they REALLY want to win at any cost; they're just playing the game as it's meant to be played, in fact likely complaining about their opponents quitting or trolling in response to them instead of playing the game against them (If they didn't want to play the game, why did they search for an opponent?).

If anything, the player who is unwilling to use all their tools is the one being disrespectful to their opponent. "I don't even need scissors to beat you."

Kawaii-Kun

Smash Apprentice
What I do against Duck Hunt players is just use Ganon and bait them to death, a lot just quit from losing just once.

TheGingerRussian

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGingerRussian
3DS FC
1504-5955-1641
Personally, the only real spammer I have had trouble with was this really annoying Samus.
She kept firing missiles and Mario could not do anything to get close.

Adiel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Adiel
3DS FC
4871-4499-9270
Samus and pikachu are the worst spammers IMO missles and thundershocks just gives me headache...but hey..it's part of the game and it may has its flaws but it feels kicking someone's butt when all they do is spam :laugh:

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I think it would be cool for a good player to upload their matches videos vs spammers or a tutorial video about vs spammers so that alll these people complaining and having trouble against them can learn how to handle them.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Spammers? Usually :4falco: rolling from one end of the stage to the next, camp with laser/reflector, and if I get too close, roll some more.

Still not sure what to make of them, but rolls are definitely a better option than in past games, and it's through these spammers I've learned that.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
lol I hate spammers too, but it's even sweeter to be able to stomp all over their play-style the following match. :p

Top Bottom