• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats with people and Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
stop being honorable people and make characters that have 7:3 or worse matchups be forced to play them.

there is literally no reason why everyone doesnt have a pocket ics, falco, D3, snake, mk, essentially all top and high tier characters that just absolutely **** 90% of the cast.

i see so many people play characters like fox in tournament, and stay mk, or go snake or something and im like wtf is wrong you. go ice climbers and double blind that ******, fox is not viable. or you see someone go D3, GO FALCO. i dont really see how a lot of characters make it out of pools, they are unviable as mains.

i see san winning with ike. WHERE ARE THE OLIMARS. char is mad easy to play, and 99-1s ike. not to knock san, hes an amazing player. i see yoshis and ZSS's place, where are the falcos? i see GaWs place, where are the diddy kongs?!?

if there is a character that has a 7:3 or harder matchup, you have no excuse to lose to them, at least on your cp. get your pocket top tiers out, time people out, and show people how gay this game is. kthnxbai

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I don't think this is the kind of topic you should be posting here...

Oh, and Yoshi does not have any 30:70 or worse match-ups.

:069: kthnxbai

Smash Master
I can't believe you actually posted something worthwhile.

I agree completely.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I don't think this is the kind of topic you should be posting here...

Oh, and Yoshi does not have any 30:70 or worse match-ups.

:069: kthnxbai
falco literally takes a bird crap on yoshi. matchup is AWFUL for you

and it is, its quite tactical to make smarter cps. idk who you are to judge the relevance of my thread anyway

I can't believe you actually posted something worthwhile.

I agree completely.
well now we are on the same page<3

Wolf.

10Wolves.
i dont really mess w/ wolf to much but green ace didnt think it was that bad. you and pride get the **** though. all i know is falco is unwinnable imo

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
falco literally takes a bird crap on yoshi. matchup is AWFUL for you

and it is, its quite tactical to make smarter cps. idk who you are to judge the relevance of my thread anyway
Falco is nowhere near one Yoshi's worst match-ups. That falls to Lucario, Marth, and Wolf.

And this thread does not seem appropriate because it just looks like a vent instead of an insightful post.

Wolf.

10Wolves.
Hm... You got me there. I think I'm getting better at that match-up, though. So... maybe it's not so bad anymore.

:069:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Falco is nowhere near one Yoshi's worst match-ups. That falls to Lucario, Marth, and Wolf.

And this thread does not seem appropriate because it just looks like a vent instead of an insightful post.
those characters also destroy yoshi, but yoshi has like zero options against a smart falco. sorry, all you did was prove your character is more awful

and thats how i type, you can get over it.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
how much do you want to money match this one for
Assuming the point is to only show that Falco does not **** Yoshi, $10. This takes into account that you may just be a better player than me and could beat me regardless, since the point is simply to prove the MU to be less than 7:3 Falco's advantage.

Hm... You got me there. I think I'm getting better at that match-up, though. So... maybe it's not so bad anymore.

Lucario's not that bad, Marth is bad, and Wolf is horrible. I'm pretty good at the MU, it's just so impossible. Come to NJ and play Yes, lol.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
inb4lock

Seriously though I'm not exactly sure what your point is. Are you saying we should all play top tiers and forget about the rest of the cast? This game may be broken but that doesn't mean upper mid or even mid tier characters can compete if you know your characters do's and don'ts. I don't know how to play any of the higher tier characters besides Kirby and I would probably do worse if I used one as a counter pick just because "this character has an advantage over this character." How does that have to do anything about honor?? You play who you like and feel more comfortable as.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol @ Falco being one of Yoshi's worst MUs. It's not good but not as bad as those Polt said.

*continues to watch for the lawlz*

This game is for fun so this is.....pointless?

Does it really matter? I was a Lucas main for 2 years and idc about bad MUs. It's more of a challenge to play against. Now I am using ZSS. So what Falco is a bad MU your point?

Gotta agree with Polt. This is more suited for a blog then an insighful post. :/

fkacyan

Smash Hero
inb4lock

Seriously though I'm not exactly sure what your point is. Are you saying we should all play top tiers and forget about the rest of the cast? This game may be broken but that doesn't mean upper mid or even mid tier characters can compete if you know your characters do's and don'ts. I don't know how to play any of the higher tier characters besides Kirby and I would probably do worse if I used one as a counter pick just because "this character has an advantage over this character." How does that have to do anything about honor?? You play who you like and feel more comfortable as.
He's saying that nobody uses the CP system to their advantage, opting instead to "stick with their main". If you see a ZSS and you lose R1 to them, you have no reason not to have a pocket Falco to pull out and beat them with. Same with DK and D3, Marth and Lucas/Ness, etc.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
This is not the kind of place for you guys to create MMs either, Delta and Orion. >_>

*sigh* I'm out. Jbandit is right. This should have been a blog post or a post on a social board or something.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
theres no reason to lock a thread thats based of the fact that people could win more tournament sets from abusing this game.

and imo, i dont really see how comfort has an issue hear. you can be comfy with ganon, when i cp D3 on you, you still are going to lose no matter how smart you are

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice

YOUR MOTHER

P.S: you still smell

-flies back into retirement-

Orion*

Smash Researcher
This is not the kind of place for you guys to create MMs either, Delta and Orion. >_>

*sigh* I'm out. Jbandit is right. This should have been a blog post or a post on a social board or something.

your mad because my post is legit, imo its not like mms was the only content i posted, people are allowed to get slightly off topic as long as the thread stays relevant brah. anyway, your just mad because i dont get to **** you also, its k come to new hampshire so i can play you with falcon

but yeah, back to thread guys. people really need to learn pocket ics especially, they make sooo much of the cast unplayable

YOUR MOTHER

P.S: you still smell

-flies back into retirement-
lOLmYn****gREENaCEgUNNEEEDulOLumAD

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
“Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences.”

“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.”

“Nobody can acquire honor by doing what is wrong”

“My honor is my life; both grow in one; Take honor from me, and my life is done.”

“The most tragic thing in the world is a man of genius who is not a man of honor”

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I don't get mad (just annoyed). >_>

I'll bite. So, what you are saying is that people don't character-counterpick enough, right? I don't see what that has to do with honor, though.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Ugh, I have to do a science report.

But anyway, yeah, just main metaknight or something.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I don't get mad (just annoyed). >_>

I'll bite. So, what you are saying is that people don't character-counterpick enough, right? I don't see what that has to do with honor, though.

because so many people in this community have an honor system like, picking marth vs ness is wrong, or planking is gay dont do it, w/e. in alll honesty, even if you disregard the honor, it still isnt done enough

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Ugh, I have to do a science report.

But anyway, yeah, just main metaknight or something.
for game 1, always. not necessarily game 2 or 3 though imo

The honor of sticking with your main instead of **** CPing people.
its something that should be broken :/

so many characters are useless. look at fox rofl, doing decent vs people or something

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Anyone who agrees with you=smart.
Anyone who disagrees with you=stupid.
That's how it looks like you're looking at this.
Yeah I know the lower tier matchups can be horrid so a secondary is obvious. Even though mid-high tiers have tough match-ups it's not it's unwinable like Ganon Vs. IC's.

You could've just said, "just use Meta Knight cuz has an advantage over everyone."
=/

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
because so many people in this community have an honor system like, picking marth vs ness is wrong, or planking is gay dont do it.
Personally i see it as are you really proving your better then the person your facing?

Playing keep away, or abusing a faulty game mechanic doesn't mean you are better then the person your playing. Thus the honor is entered, if your better then me you can beat me by engaging, not by playing keep away or abusing game mechanics.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
MK is worse than olimar Olimars don't think it's that terrible a matchup for Ike, anyways. Just go MK vs a character like Ike. If I liked MK dittos, I would go MK (most viable matchup), but I don't, so might as well choose a character not many people's familiar with.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I don't think the reason has to do with honor, actually. It's probably has to do with the fact that you are better with your main than with anyone else.

For example, I'm fighting Diddy, and I lose the first match. Would I counterpick Luigi? Probably not, not because Luigi does well against Diddy, but because I feel that I would do better with my own main. However, I then lose the 2nd match.

Did I make the right choice? There is no "right" answer to that. Maybe I could have won if I switched characters, or maybe not, but the fact is that I didn't switch. It's up to the discretion of the player about who they would fight their opponent as, but I'm sure that "honor" would be the least of their worries when considering their choice of character, especially in a tournament setting.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Anyone who agrees with you=smart.
no

Anyone who disagrees with you=stupid.
guilty until proven innocent

Yeah I know the lower tier matchups can be horrid so a secondary is obvious. Even though mid-high tiers have tough match-ups it's not it's unwinable like Ganon Vs. IC's.
youre looking at it wrong. why play a winnable matchup vs your opponent, when you can just go a character that DESTROYS them. who cares if mk vs fox is 6:4 when you can just go ics and 99:1 him.

You could've just said, "just use Meta Knight cuz has an advantage over everyone."
=/
the point is that, people us mk and lose when they couldve gone a GAYER character in the situation they are in

Rizakor

Smash Cadet
Honor? Seriously? GTFO with that ****.
I'll shark you all day, I'll nado you till it frustrates you, and I'll time your *** out if I feel like it.
I have no remorse for hitting the b button over and over, it's in the game, so I'll use it as much as I want. If you call me cheap, you're calling the game cheap, and if you can't handle it, go play Cooking Mama.
If you lose and *****, it's free entertainment, icing on the cake. I'll laugh in your face. Get better or get out.
I agree completely, it's time to step it up and show the community just how gay this game can be.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I don't think the reason has to do with honor, actually. It's probably has to do with the fact that you are better with your main than with anyone else.

For example, I'm fighting Diddy, and I lose the first match. Would I counterpick Luigi? Probably not, not because Luigi does well against Diddy, but because I feel that I would do better with my own main. However, I then lose the 2nd match.

Did I make the right choice? There is no "right" answer to that. Maybe I could have won if I switched characters, or maybe not, but the fact is that I didn't switch. It's up to the discretion of the player about who they would fight their opponent as, but I'm sure that "honor" would be the least of their worries when considering their choice of character, especially in a tournament setting.

then you should have practiced your weegee or another character for that matchup imo. train harder

Personally i see it as are you really proving your better then the person your facing?

Playing keep away, or abusing a faulty game mechanic doesn't mean you are better then the person your playing. Thus the honor is entered, if your better then me you can beat me by engaging, not by playing keep away or abusing game mechanics.
skill or being better than someone =/= winning. if you dont want to win then this isnt the right thread for you

Rizakor

Smash Cadet

^ This is the mindset that keeps you from showing your full potential. And who are you to judge what is and isn't a faulty mechanic anyways? It's all a matter of opinion. Therefore, I'll just abuse whatever you think is a "fault mechanic" to psychologically destroy you, and then 3 stock you. You see, the real battle is in the mind.

"If your better then me you can beat me by engaging, not by playing keep away or abusing game mechanics"

^ JJJJOOOOOOOHHNNNSSSSS!

CO18

Smash Hero
Player skill and knowledge of char + specific matchup obviously is not a factor whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom