• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whats with the new diddys

Z4D

Smash Rookie
Maybe people start to have more of a liking for Diddy? Personally I only played him because of the fact he shoots peanuts out of a gun, I mean, who doesn't like that!?!?! Lol

But really, maybe people play him because they like him?

Count

Smash Champion
I've been asking a lot of questions lately..but I'm not a new diddy, I have just recently been trying to get 'good' at the game, good enough to play at tourneys and what not. Before the last month or so I was content with just playing with friends, etc.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
because in the beginning people didn't realize that brawl didn't have combos, but now that everyone know that they want to play a character who actually has a few combos

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Because Diddy is the best in the game. What a silly question ;D
now thats a statement i can agree with

:laugh:

noir, roadtrip it to georgia and come to FAST in 2 weeks. who knows how close you'll live to a national brawl tourney in the future besides this one?

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
now thats a statement i can agree with

:laugh:

noir, roadtrip it to georgia and come to FAST in 2 weeks. who knows how close you'll live to a national brawl tourney in the future besides this one?
Road trip TO ga? I live IN ga. Where is FAST?

Edit: Oh, Orlando. I have to see what my friends are doing. I'm short on cash, so I need to see if a car of people are going(cheaper on gas) and if we would have housing. I can't afford a hotel right now =\ Do you know XIF?

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
whats with the new diddys?

'shrug'

they probably did what I did, got feed up with slipping all over nannerz and decided if you cant beat them, join em

Neverendingend2

Smash Rookie
bah i just made my account on here but i been playing diddy for a while, and have done well with him at tourneys :D

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
i am determined to win a tournament with diddy, NO BANANAS which is probably the difference between the newer diddys and the older ones. once a lot of people figure out that bananas can be picked up and thrown pretty easily by another character, you'll probably see diddy's numbers dwindle again

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
i am determined to win a tournament with diddy, NO BANANAS which is probably the difference between the newer diddys and the older ones. once a lot of people figure out that bananas can be picked up and thrown pretty easily by another character, you'll probably see diddy's numbers dwindle again
or theres a suddenly large amount of new Diddys because people have seen how Diddys Bananas can be used.

and by older diddys you mean? I've been maining Diddy since the beginning and Have been spamming Bananas non-stop since.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
well for the most part, older more experienced diddys know his entire repertoire and can win with or without bananas, while newer diddys will simply spam the bananas and once they realize that there are certainly weaknesses to the banana, will stop playing and go back to whomever they used before

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
There are no weaknesses to the banana. "Older" Diddys actually should know by now that without bananas Diddy isn't much of a threat to anything at all.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
I was maining Diddy pretty consistently and had actually stopped using the bananas. Then I realized how good they are and started using them again.

Does that make me a "new Diddy" or an "old Diddy?"

And I concur with N4N3RZ, in an experienced Diddy's hands there aren't any significant weaknesses to the banana. A good Diddy should always be capable of controlling their bananas. He's tailor made for the banana.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
diddy's still a good character without bananas.

but refusing to use something that makes your characters ten times better is pretty much ********.

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
It might not be new diddys maybe its just ppl that are new to the site or are barely on like me

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Road trip TO ga? I live IN ga. Where is FAST?

Edit: Oh, Orlando. I have to see what my friends are doing. I'm short on cash, so I need to see if a car of people are going(cheaper on gas) and if we would have housing. I can't afford a hotel right now =\ Do you know XIF?
i actually met him at a tourney we went to this past saturday :laugh:

he didnt do well at all in the brawl tourney though

Top Bottom