• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whats your bad habits?? whats do u plan to do instead??

TheAwakening

Smash Rookie
1. I do raptor boost but it misses then I go offstage and die.
2. I do raptor boost, if sucessful I try to use falcon dive while in air, if sucessful I then end it with Falcon kick. ( whole combo works only like 5% of the time )
3. I use the epic falcon punch too much.
4. Try to kill someone offstage with falcon kick / raptor boost but end up dying.

=/

Roager

Smash Ace
I almost always after a dthrow try to do a Knee but its not possible to get one after a dthrow. Answer: Do a Nair instead.

I sometime run around and try to get a Knee but that never works or is possible. Answer: Only do the Knee when your opponent is on a platform, in the air, when you are holding the ledge and when they are outside of the arena.
Actually, I've managed to use knee after d-throw quite a bit. granted, the closest it gets to reliable is against the big characters, like Boozer and DDD. But not impossible, even against little ones, like Oli. Hard, but not impossible.

Roager

Smash Ace
2. I do raptor boost, if sucessful I try to use falcon dive while in air, if sucessful I then end it with Falcon kick. ( whole combo works only like 5% of the time )
4. Try to kill someone offstage with falcon kick / raptor boost but end up dying.

=/
1. Learn the distance. Then, don't use it when you're within that range of the edge.
2. LOL I've tried that a lot, too. Just do something else after the Raptor, like u-air.
3. We all do. It's normal. The only way to change it is to force your hands away from habit. And start learning that way.
4. Use aerials instead. NEVER use falcon kick off stage. It murders you everytime, and usually saves them.

sorry for double post. :urg:

oh yeah, and welcome to smashboards.

jtamm1988

Smash Rookie

=/
practice the haduken after the raptor booster i was surprised when i did it

BlackTulip

Smash Cadet
1. I try to go for to many FP kills lolz.
2. I'm addicted to Raptor Boost but I know better.
3. I only use his Dthrow, if that's a bad thing.
4. I play online.
--------------------------------------
Answers:
1. Stop FPing so much, but I usually hit them lol.
2. Grab and mindgame to approach with spot dodge.
3. ------
4. Play offline more =D

Subach

Smash Apprentice
I taunt way too dang much.
Nonetheless, CAHM ON to SHOW ME YOUR MOVES is the best combo in the game.

On a more serious note, I need to learn to play more defensively, instead of trying to fight like I'm playing as the most stylish, manliest man in the game.
Which is hard to do when you ARE playing as the most stylish, manliest man in the game.:urg:

I also run into issues when I try way to hard to play a stylish Captain Falcon as opposed to a tactically sound one.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
1. I try to go for to many FP kills lolz.
2. I'm addicted to Raptor Boost but I know better.
3. I only use his Dthrow, if that's a bad thing.
4. I play online.
--------------------------------------
Answers:
1. Stop FPing so much, but I usually hit them lol.
2. Grab and mindgame to approach with spot dodge.
3. ------
4. Play offline more =D
Number four makes me laugh.

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
1. I play way too aggressive. I need to stop that.
2. I don't PAUNCH enough. Mind games, serious business.
3. I haven't gotten the timing for all my combos yet. Need to get on that.
4. I don't ask for peoples moves enough. Sad I know.

Lucarian

Smash Cadet
I always grab and throw down. I don't know why. Once I get that enemie in my hands, I immediately press down.

I know that trick of running to the edge and facing the way of the edge to grab it, but I never use it.

I always D-air at the wrong time.

I don't have combos.

I always try to knee someone in the air and scream owned.

Roager

Smash Ace
I always grab and throw down. I don't know why. Once I get that enemie in my hands, I immediately press down.

I know that trick of running to the edge and facing the way of the edge to grab it, but I never use it.

I always D-air at the wrong time.

I don't have combos.

I always try to knee someone in the air and scream owned.
1. It's cuz Falcon's d-throw is manly, and useful.
2. Isn't that called hugging, or something like that?
3. There is no right time. If there is, I have never seen it. Except maybe once. I don't really know. I didn't get a good look at it. By the time I realized it was there, it was gone.
4. Nobody else does in Brawl either.
5. That's because you use Falcon. I do it, too. Except I scream "JUSTICE!"

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Habbits
1. Like everyone I try to be cool instead of focusing on being good which usually makes me die. But at least I die a man.
2. I always practice on the same stage. I'm completely ignorant of anything that isn't Battlefield(that's a problem with everyone I play though).
3. I no longer have access to the pretty pink costume with the hearts on it.

Solutions
1. I don't plan to change this, Falcon is a man and should be played like one.
2. Practice on other stages, duh.
3. Get mad and throw something at Nintendo. Probably something heavy and sharp.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Forget second jumps exist, use up second jumps idiotically, do the ultimate jab when it's uneeded, and I falcon punch too much, which surprisingly works many times. (Well, on 3-4 player matches)

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Alot of players seem to like Falcon's downthrow. This is becuase his Dthrow does not send the opponent to far away to follow up with an attack. Even at relatively high percentages. And if they aren't expecting it you can even do a small chaingrab. Yes, it works every once in a while, even against freinds who are used to my playstyle.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
-I don't use N-Air much. Just U-Air and F-Air.
-I rely too heavily on D-Smash for a kill.
-I think that my best approach is a running U-Smash. It sometimes is since I've gotten used to the lengths, but it gets shielded too much.
I love DSmash too, but I think I get stale moves on it sometimes. I've been using it a lot more than FSmash recently because FSmash leans you towards your opponent, so it's more punishable if it doesn't land.

Top Bottom