• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your biggest weakness as Peach?

Xyless

Smash Master
I don't know about you guys, but I've noticed a few habits of mine that I've picked up since trying to become a *good* Peach.

1) I try to use the Peach Bomber to snap to the edge about 90% of the time, regardless of what the opponent is doing. The two major problems with this is after I've done it a few times and the enemy punishes it, and when I miss slightly, ending in a backwards Parasol to my death.

2) As previously stated, accidentally using the Parasol backwards instead of forwards, which ends in death.

3) I don't use the uAir enough. This could be because it's mentally awkward to do, but it's mostly because I never expect it to connect.

4) I keep trying to chaingrab the Star Fox group (and other chainables), even if I know I won't pull it off. This also includes Snake, which, as most know, is a horrible, horrible idea.

5) I don't know about you guys, but I feel that Peach is one of the most unforgiving characters when it comes to nerves. When I'm playing at a tournament, and I feel like I'm against the wall, I just crash in quality of playstyle. With most of my other characters I can handle the stress, but Peach, for some reason, is just tough to do. Probably because of her technical playstyle.

6) I use a Wiimote/Nunchuk, which is obviously a weakness by itself to most. It's difficult to do glidetosses in the upward direction (with Shake Smash), simply because sometimes when I reset my arm after doing the up toss, the Wiimote moves down fast enough that Peach does a dSmash right as she lets go of the turnip. The exception to this was at the last tourney I was at, when the same thing happened, but with an accidental up smash, which was one of my favorite tourney kills to date (at ~80% I believe).

Anyone else have things they would like to admit?

rockcrab100

Smash Cadet
I use peach's hip bomb too much. I also misuse parasol and go the wrong way. :/
Not enough turnips.
Sometimes misusing toad

Xyless

Smash Master
Actually, now that I was watching a few of the videos a friend of mine has recorded of me playing, I can say that I use the hip bomb a little too much still when I'm approaching. I keep forgetting about that whole "doesn't ignore shields all the time" thing.

Xyless

Smash Master
There's a few reasons. For one, the biggest difference between the GC and Nunchuk is the lack of a C-Stick. In my Melee years, I never really used the C-Stick (probably due to me playing the single player modes so much), so it never stuck to me.

Once everyone heard about the different control schemes, I was kind of disgusted by the lack of interest to evolve to the next control with everyone else, as I felt it was always more fun to learn new controls and try to find new ways to do things. As I played with the Nunchuk, I grew to love how simple it is, and how free I felt. For a long time, I didn't have Shake Smashing on, due constant accidental deaths with ZSS and other fast dAir characters.

I believe the main reason I use the WiiMote/nunchuk is for the sake of being one of the few that is willing to attempt a higher level of play with the controller. It's a lot of fun hearing people rag on me when they see I'm walking around with the combo, then hearing them complain when I beat them. It's really not a big difference, especially with characters that don't use the CStick much in their movesets.

I'm slowly developing the precision motor skills for the glidetoss up, but it just takes patience and calm hands, which is harder to do when tournaments are involved.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Weakness....

Hmmm...

1) My style is rather crappy. It's hard for me to alter out of insta-floating and adding aerial attacks to my ground game thus, my aerial's stale and I can't kill opponents at lower, more ideal percentages.

2) I roll too much.

3) I can't edge guard to save my life, and I'm too afraid to continue a combo if the enemy recovers faster than I do, so as a result, I pretty much run away from combat a lot, even if I have a high chance to succeed in more damage.

4.) I don't utilize enough of the better AT's: Pivot dash cancel, free turnip pull, pivot grabs, etc. etc.

5.) I just suck XD

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Self analysis is always good.

A) When I get tired, my brain reverts to a very repetitive playstyle using difficult to punish moves, usually autocancelled fair. People catch on and I get *****. This is my #1 weakness- I go to crap when I get tired.

B) I can't land the last kill. In the words of Valdens: "You can 'almost' beat every single person in here." I even took DSF's MK to last stock 100%. I take everyone on the WA PR to last stock, but can't get that last kill.

C) I have a bad tendency to pull turnips as soon as I touch the ground. Sometimes this results in a fully charged Aura Sphere to the face.

D) I can't fight Marth. At ALL.

E) As odd as it sounds- I can't shorthop consistently. LOL

L33T.Peach

Smash Cadet
My biggest problem is repeatedly peach bombing, right in front of people. It just sets you up too well.

But ive learned to use mindgames with turnips while using it ^_^

also, when I am comign back to the stage, I get right underneath the stage and float for a bit.but I sometimes start float too late, and I think i can make it back.. and i dont. just by a millimeter.

UpB is also a hassel to make sure you get the right angle =/

M@v

Subarashii!
I roll too much.

Sometimes I try to force approaches and kill moves.

I dont consistently space my floating, and the the height of the floats, correctly. I picked up princess peach just recently, so I still have to straighten these things out.

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
I need to space my attacks better

Ummm I'm not sure but I know I'm not perfect and need lots of improvement!!!

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
- I either use Peach bomber too much or not at all.

- I depend on aerial approaches too much.

- I'm also prone of toading at the worst moments.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
KILLING! I hate not being able to land the final kill after I've worked so hard for it =( This is why I hate fighting heavies as peach

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Self analysis is always good.

A) When I get tired, my brain reverts to a very repetitive playstyle using difficult to punish moves, usually autocancelled fair. People catch on and I get *****. This is my #1 weakness- I go to crap when I get tired.

B) I can't land the last kill. In the words of Valdens: "You can 'almost' beat every single person in here." I even took DSF's MK to last stock 100%. I take everyone on the WA PR to last stock, but can't get that last kill.

C) I have a bad tendency to pull turnips as soon as I touch the ground. Sometimes this results in a fully charged Aura Sphere to the face.

E) As odd as it sounds- I can't shorthop consistently. LOL
Some of this is my problem (further down the list it differs)

A) The same about tiredness for me. My play falls apart, I cant mindgame, because Im simply going through the motions of playing.

B) Same for me to. I have a hard time with the last kill sometimes because I tend to get over excited. (only with peach, really. With Lucario its the opposite for me)

C) I like to have a turnip in my hand as often as possinle, even if it puts me in a bad spot by pulling one.

D) I relly on Dair as an approach too much. Not only that, but I rarely ever approach without being in the air or glide tossing.

E) (The big one) I couldnt play well in front of people who are watching (still working on this, but its getting better). I have a social phobia kinda and I worry more about what people are thinking about my play than actually playing, and then I fall apart because I lose my focus. At a local tourny I went to I played well in friendlies, but when the real matches started and I knew people were paying attention I cracked and ended up doing worse in singles than I should have. Its two different levels of play. I'll watch replays and get a little ill in my predictability or my foolish errors when Im around a group of people versus how I know I can do.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
I make spacing errors quite often and my DI is pretty bad (Still air dodging out of knockback by reflex). It also takes me too long to adapt, and that's a big one.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
A. as listed before, resorting to repetitive playstyle when tired or in a depressed state of mood
B. lack of ATs
C. shielding instead of spot dodging, knowing that the opponent is going for a grab
D. how do I DI? as in, I don't DI properly
E. turnip addiction leads to projectile/setup in my face D:
F. a tendency to become predictable :/
G. spacing
H. also takes a long time to adapt as well
I. my biggest one is probably when I semi-space out during the match, where I reach this state of observance/awareness, but I can't/don't react or really play :/

Villi

Smash Lord
E) (The big one) I couldnt play well in front of people who are watching (still working on this, but its getting better). I have a social phobia kinda and I worry more about what people are thinking about my play than actually playing, and then I fall apart because I lose my focus. At a local tourny I went to I played well in friendlies, but when the real matches started and I knew people were paying attention I cracked and ended up doing worse in singles than I should have. Its two different levels of play. I'll watch replays and get a little ill in my predictability or my foolish errors when Im around a group of people versus how I know I can do.

Stop worrying about what others might be thinking. Pop a Midol and make the decisions you think are best.

Just keep in mind two things:

1. Midol

2. Do what it takes to win. Neither the crowd nor your opponent know your master plan, so just do what you think is right. It's the little things that win you matches.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
1. Sometimes I'll pull up a Turnip immediatly when landing on the ground even when I'm right next to the enemy

2. Trying to abuse Toad when I get REALLY desperate in a match

3. Gettting frustrated with myself. I'm not going to lie - in a serious match, I hate losing badly against people. I tend to beat myself up (metaphorically speaking, not physically >.>) a lot after the match if I get 2 stocked/1 stocked and my opponent has a low percent and this trashes my performance afterwards and leads to me doing even worse and spamming the same stuff out of desperation

4. Not grabbing the ledge to edgeguard. I feel bad doing this in friendlies but when other people start doing it to me, I very rarely find myself doing it back and it's costed me a lot of matches. It's at the point where I never grab the ledge even in serious matches which can cost me the game sometimes

Villi

Smash Lord
Surrious post... When I get frustrated I do stuuuupid ****.

Like I'll sit in the same spot buffering sidesteps cuz I think it's funny, not really having a plan, just waiting to get punished. u_u

I'll make up dumb rules mid match like... I'm not gonna jump this entire stock. (auto-floating doesn't count) Not even trying to sand bag. lol

I do the stupid turnip plucking thing.

I go for lotsa high reward/low probability things that only work if the other person decides to be dumb.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Wow, it surprises me how some of this just hits home.

This is stupidly accurate for me. :mad:

MARTH. OH my GOD.
I also hate her.

. my biggest one is probably when I semi-space out during the match, where I reach this state of observance/awareness, but I can't/don't react or really play :/
This is horrible. It happened to me at a tournament. I'm terrified of this because I don't know how to "stop" it.

4. Not grabbing the ledge to edgeguard. I feel bad doing this in friendlies but when other people start doing it to me, I very rarely find myself doing it back and it's costed me a lot of matches. It's at the point where I never grab the ledge even in serious matches which can cost me the game sometimes
This is waaaaaaaay too important Rick. Really, make it a habit NOW.

2) As previously stated, accidentally using the Parasol backwards instead of forwards, which ends in death.
This would be the easiest thing to fix off the bat. Go to training and take ten minutes missing the ledge backwards. IMMEDIATELY close the parasol and angle towards the ledge.

It gets very easy after awhile, it's a practice thing and save you countless times in a match.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
yea i suffer from alot of these same flaws...

-Pulling turnips when i shouldn't
-being too aggressive, i get bored of "being defensive" after a while and just give'r
-reverse umbrella, its a pain, seems whenever i do end up backwards, i press down but don't let go soon enough and fly right past the ledge.
-Too much peach bomber, its like i'm still excited that this move no longer sucks but fail to realize its not that great either.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
-That period after you knock off a stock and they're invincible, i glidetoss turnips in the air and have one in my hand. I let the 2 in the air rain down, while I glide toss away, but faster characters with invincibility will only have to work around my shield/dodge/roll. I guess it starts the stock off defensive, which could be counted as an advantage lol
-I like to toad things when i can do other things, just because I like the sound :(
-Unnecessary risks
-Not knowing matchups well enough
-Whenever I've been at a tournament, I get all nervous and my hands get cold :(

Totally moving this thread in another direction, What's your biggest strength(s) as Peach? :D

-Being a disgusting peach
-being faster than she looks
-pressure
-float mastery (in a match, doing stuff over and over for no reason I cant really do xP)
-Being out of reach
-interruption/combo breaking :3 (with or without powershielding)
-rapid changes in playstyle during a match to suit the %/stock/situation
-reading opponents well

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't have too much trouble with marth, im usually very good with powershielding just about anything, usually it goes like marth SH Fair to powershield, walk 2 steps, powershield again, then Dtilt him lol. but i do pick up on some bad habits

1.a character i have little matchup experience against i will resort to using Dair as my approach every time, as i simply do not know any other way to approach them, for instance ZSS and lucario, i rarely ever fight one of those, and last tourney with 60+ entrants and there were probably 20 MK's i beat every MK i played but both matches i lost was to lucario and ZSS, granted they were both very good and both placed top 8 but still.

2. i get nervous when the opponent has me on the edge and i get panicked and dont know a good way to recover, so i'll usually end up doing ledge hop > Fair and while this is a pretty good trick, when im nervous i mess it up and dont hit jump quick enough and end up falling under the stage and i parasol backwards and kill myself.

3. another thing i just thought of, i never ever use peach bomber unless i get desperate lol, so if you see me using that move you know u got me beat.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
- I have a bad habit of pulling Turnips right next to an enemy at the worst possible moments, like right after I Fair.

- My ground game sucks

- I can get very predictable

- And being a little on the slow side wen Im trying to follow up with things. Like if I land an attack, it takes me a while to realize I landed it successfully, its like a delay

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
My #1 weakness is playing offensive style when i'm meant to be playing defensive. I tend to rush the enemy a lot. Even for example, when i kill someone and they come on their 2nd stock, i still try to rush and combo the hell out of them. My offensive style means players who are slow and take their time and analyse what i'm doing will win over me any day. I've been practising more "calm" peach playing styles.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
I've always been aggressive, and like SleeplessInKyoto, tend to rush into things without thinking first. A horrible habit, one I have to get rid of sometime.

-My ground game is terrible; I rely on float too often

-Roll too much/Roll into an attack

-Glide-Tossing right into my opponent's face too often and predictably

-Cannot cancel Fair consistently

-At high percentages, completely lose my mind and mash random buttons, trying to run away from the opponent rather than rushing in blindly like I normally do.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
-I don't try to win very hard if I'm not having fun. When I start getting grenade camped by snake, or such, I decide this game isn't fun anymore and I don't really care to win because I realize how dumb the game is when this strategy wins.

-I need to grab more often, sometimes people will get away with shield grabbing me more

-It takes me 3 hours to warm up to play my best and if i dont play at least one match eery 15 mins I get cold, i need to play a BUNCH to play well

-I get too aggressive with edgeguarding and may self gimp

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
Unlike Edreese, I cant play for too long

If I play too long my skill goes down

I toad after doing a f/d/b grab

I toad too much

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
i dont defend myself well. i never sit back and watch so i come so close to winning all of the time.

Xyless

Smash Master
My first time playing Peach per day, I always feel like I'm useless with her, since I have to kind of connect with how she plays in my mind.

Another major problem I've noticed (with Pikachu especially) is I don't know exactly how to Smash DI.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i don't know all of my match-ups.

need to mix my strats up better and evaluate my options more. basically I just have to play smarter.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
-I don't try to win very hard if I'm not having fun. When I start getting grenade camped by snake, or such, I decide this game isn't fun anymore and I don't really care to win because I realize how dumb the game is when this strategy wins.
I have this too, though I'd phrase it differently. When I'm not having fun, I start to phase out and lose focus, and just get *****. Same thing happens when I'm frustrated...hence why I tend to do horribly to projectile campers unless my focus is at maximum.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah when Im mad I generally do worse as well. When emotion goes up, rational thinking goes down.

Also, I barely toad. At all. I really need to use him >_>.

Top Bottom