• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats your EPIC FAIL moment.

LukewarmHoliday

Smash Cadet
Mine was against young link as snake.

Last stock, i was at 130% young link was around 50%(maybe 53 or so). I chased young link off the edge, Hit him with a F-air spike, straight down onto a mortar i shot seconds before(falling right near the side of the stage). Link got saved from the spike, he used Up-B and got the kill.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Mine was against young link as snake.

Last stock, i was at 130% young link was around 50%(maybe 53 or so). I chased young link off the edge, Hit him with a F-air spike, straight down onto a mortar i shot seconds before(falling right near the side of the stage). Link got saved from the spike, he used Up-B and got the kill.
Haha ouch :(

My epic fail moment... using Diddy's up-b to recover, and hitting just below the edge, rockets explode, and send me falling to my death. :(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wario Corkscrews to recover, but gets smacked by Bowser's d-tilt. Even worse, Bowser never got hurt by the attack.

mzink*

Smash Ace
my epic fail is when i was ko'd twice in a row with MK. got knocked off by Ike, then tried to ko him with a shuttle loop and missed, he grabbed the edge and i humiliatingly, slowly fell, helplessly immobile right by him to my death lol.

SagaKirby

Smash Journeyman
Someone getting Pwned by their own special.Example, you jump and do your F-Smash as marth,you dont hit anyone,guess what happens...

EPICFAIL

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I was having an online match 1 vs 1 in Frigate Orpheon and i was playing with Sonic and did a dair to hit the opponent but he lived and when i jumped back to the edge i discovered that there was no edge so i died... And i died again for some other reason because of there being no edge... It was so pathetic, i was so close...

Ooh and i was fighting a cpu as Toon Link and thought i was Sonic for a sec and did dair and died... LOL.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Dying twice in a row to the Pirate Ship stage... first time I got flung off by the steering wheel part that comes off at a high percent and died, second time I got hit by a cannonball. In the same match.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Well...I don't play as Zero Suit Samus much...but one round I went to hit my opponent with a dair thinking for some reason that Zero Suit Samus' dair spikes...it didn't...and I flew straight off the edge.

Oh, and anytime I miss with Marth's final smash...

My friend's epic fail moment would have to be while he plays as Samus and goes to use the Zero Laser on me...I ALWAYS roll behind him right before it fires, run up behind him and down throw him when Zero Suit Samus appears XD

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was Sonic, playing a Sonic ditto. My opponent was at 60-something percent, I was around 20. I nail him with two uairs, and while following up with an up-b to uair to finish him off, he dairs, beats out my uair, and sends me upward just enough to die off the screen.

Bud

Smash Journeyman
last stocks, I had just died and my opponent was at 85, and I fell through pokemon stadium 2 and lost, and funny enough the guy I was playing got in a "PWNED" taunt before it was over.

LordZero

Smash Cadet
Today I decide to have a fun match againgst a cpu and I am ness (I don't use Ness), and evertime the com goes off the edge I chase them down thinking 'I'm good at angles and tratrectory, I'm only in Calc. I should be able to use pk thunder to get back to the ledge.' as you can imagine I failed not once, not twice but three times and not getting the right general direction and missing I mean in the totally opposit direction half the time.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Whenever I'm Sheik and I decide to use the chain over the ^B because it's faster only to find out I wasn't close enough for it to auto tether and die.

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
Smashing a guy off the top of the screen, watching his corpse slowly twirl away in the background - only to walk into a Proxy mine and get myself killed before he blinks away.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
As pikachu, I do some crazy Quacking and stuff around the stage and K.O. my opponent while only taking 20%. Then I Quack off the ledge and suicide as he's dying, and we're right back to square 1.

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
aether cancelling on the ledge too much, leads to my marth opponent hitting a counter. such a lame kill.

Another good one. 1 life kirby dittos, beat my friend (who loves kirby) with like 35% on me so im shoutin of course. "PWNed!! Oh god by your loved one on your loved one" lol of course next match he beats me with like 10% on him. (I dunno wtf happened lol) At which point he goes "OH!!! PWN!!! THATS what it actually looks like!" lol epic fail on my part hard.

JJ259

Smash Apprentice
If brawl sucks so bad, don't play it, that's all there is too it...

back on topic.

my epic fail: Star KOing someone while off the edge of the platform and realizing that my second jump was gone a second too late...and then losing.

my friends epic fail: forgetting that he wasn't using lucas's upB when he's using pikachu's and vise versa...either way he's going the opposite direction that he wants.

Reyairia

Smash Champion

Yes, that's Pikachu and Meta Knight on Brinstar for those who cannot decipher my bad art.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Seriously Brawl is AMAZING in a free4all, but we had 1 battle and then we were all bored as hell.
Its because you lack teh skillz

buying brawl expecting melee
Yes, buying Brawl and expecting it to be like Melee is both very stupid and deserving of epic faliure

When I spent an entire day soldering in my wiikey, just to find out brawl's awful.
I see you here all the time. Why the **** arent you staying in the melee boards? I mean, what do you hope to accomplish here? It would be like me going on some Halo forum and continuously posting my hatred towards the game; but why would I do that? Just to piss people off? To try to make them stop playing Halo even though it doesnt affect my life? I still havent figured you out Eggm, but I will one of these days, and hopefully you'll be gone by then.

SilverBlaze

Smash Apprentice
I was playing a on the Halberd as MK the other day. I flew under the stage and came up in the middle to attack somebody. However, I did my glide attack a half second too early - I hit my opponent, but I was only halfway through the stage and ended falling to my doom. I won the match anyway though.

I pulled an epic fail on my friend though. I was Ness and he was Rob on Battlefield. He went for the spike as I was doing my second jump, I Dair-ed and ended up spiking him for the kill. It was fabulous.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Transforming from Sheik to Zelda immediately after respawn, and fsmashing the other guy trying to hit me because he failed to realize I keep my invincibility after transforming.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Its because you lack teh skillz

Yes, buying Brawl and expecting it to be like Melee is both very stupid and deserving of epic faliure

I see you here all the time. Why the **** arent you staying in the melee boards? I mean, what do you hope to accomplish here? It would be like me going on some Halo forum and continuously posting my hatred towards the game; but why would I do that? Just to piss people off? To try to make them stop playing Halo even though it doesnt affect my life? I still havent figured you out Eggm, but I will one of these days, and hopefully you'll be gone by then.
You do realize arguing with him is just giving him the fuel he wants to keep doing it?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I was playing Ike my buddy was yoshi down to the last man each he was %100 i was %40 tossed an item pill over my head it came back down and boom i died my nemesis the exploding pill.

Top Bottom