• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your "gonna do this while I wait for him to respawn" action?

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
I just run somewhere near the center of the stage to "reset" my brain, and to not be immediately killed by a retaliation attack.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
I find my self doing any aerial that autocancels on the left side of the stage everytime i get a kill and im waiting for them, im not sure why, its just fun doing an autocanceled aerial into like another short hop aerial or tilt lol

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I run to to the edge so my character does the 'don't fall animation'.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
- Crawl backwards to the ledge
- Stand on the ledge in the teetering animation - the go-to if they SD or fail to recover
- SHFF a lot
- Crouch
- Dashdance

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I wouldn't exactly call this "competitive discussion", so I'll move it to the General forum.

As for me, I tend to short hop and nair / utilt. Unless I'm Mega Man where I just short hop because it looks like he's jumping for joy.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Run to the sides of the stage, a few crouches here and there. Then usually a DJ to get in the air and avoid their respawn invincibility.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Run to one edge, set the controller down for a moment, and breathe. Especially in really stressful, close matches. Also, I use Samus and Robin a lot so charging Neut-B is a must.

Vic

Smash Cadet
NNID
victimer3
Depends on the character for me but for the most part I usually just spam shff and some aerials. Only time I taunt is when they did something really stupid that either made securing the stock super pz or they SD-ed.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
I try to do everything with style, and for me Marth and Falcon's taunts are stylish and parts of their playstyle. Down taunt for both of them, unconditionally. Side taunt if the opponent gave me an easy stock or something. Up taunt after successful Shield Breaks or Falcon Punch kills.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Dash dance or perfect pivot if on any character without a charge type attack.

Charge the attack if I am on one of them.

Occasionally on robin I'll waste spells or levin sword uses if I have a low number of them so I'll have a full charge to use sooner.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
As my opponent is dying, I'm staring at them from the edge of the stage while crouching.

When they die, I repeatedly short hop backwards to the other end of the stage. Because.

Sometimes I do something else, like running towards the other end of the stage and at the very last second, turning around and jumping backwards. It almost always involves either running towards the opposite end of the stage, a backwards short hop, or both.

Sometimes I just taunt, but I've been doing that less and less for some reason. Now I mostly taunt just at the start of a fight, and at the end of them. (depending on my character anyway)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I roll from one ledge to the other. :p
Or just move out of the immediate are where he can attack.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I hang around one side of the stage by jumping and recovering while their recovery frames run out.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I usually do bomb tricks to try and intimidate my opponent. Like catching my grounded bombs with a SH bair and throwing it after the autocancel. It looks like bomb canceling which was actually removed lol. I also love bomb sliding and just flat out throwing bombs into the air just because.

And if I really feel like showing off, I grab the ledge, let go, throw a bomb up and double jump to grab the ledge again. After that, I catch the bomb in midair with an aerial after letting go and double jumping. Sometimes I like to land onstage with the aerial and throw the bomb afterwards, or I stall at the ledge doing that a bit.

So in summary, bomb stuff. :p

When I use characters other than Link though, I either just practice aerials that SH autocancel (or have low landlag), just stand and wait on one end of the stage, taunt if I feel like I destroyed the person's stock, or perfect pivot/dashdance around.

HiddenKitsune

Smash Cadet
NNID
CosmicCucco
3DS FC
4639-9331-4635
I run to the left of the stage and

Counter if i'm Marth.
Vanish in place if i'm Sheik.

Or I practice techs in mid air heh heh..

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I taunt. ESPECIALLY if playing with friends and just having a good time, although I still do it in For Glory.
The only time I don't do it is if I'm facing my girlfriend and winning a lot (which tends to be the case) and she's clearly getting a bit down and frustrated. Then I just run around.

Tyketto

Smash Cadet
After I get a kill, I'll run to one of the two edges of the stage - basically, I'm trying to distance myself from my opponent as much as possible while they have those few seconds of respawn invulnerability.

Players will often rush at me when they get respawn, so I usually just teleport in their direction and avoid them (I play Zelda). Clever players will anticipate this and I'll end up teleporting right in front of them, so they get a free grab/tilt/smash >_<

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
If you're not stylin across the stage while waiting for your opponent, you ain't havin fun.

Empty RAR across the stage or perfect pivot spam. Whatever keeps your hands active seems to be the most fun.

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
Run around the stage like a mad man to occupy myself.

BlurB

Smash Apprentice
If I'm roy, I'll crouch just long enough for him to peak out of his koopa car. It's not a taunt, but still causes aggression I think.

If I'm Pac-Man, I'll definitely crawl around.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Walk over to the edge, crouch over it as if my character is wondering where my opponent went, and wait.

Especially if they SD and/or are a scrub.

Last edited:

J_Retribution

Smash Rookie
If I'm playing as Falcon, I always down taunt. Gotta see them moves.

Otherwise I just head back to centre stage.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I run to the edge and wait. The opponent will respawn at the center, so I need him to come to me so I can turn whatever he does against him.

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
I'm really feeling it.

Then dashdance and shield.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
-If applicable, charge up any chargeable projectiles (Thoron, Samus' Charge Shot, R.O.B.'s Gyro Charge, etc.)
-If the above is not applicable, I either taunt or move around the stage randomly.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I usually roll to one side of the stage and charge the Gyro, though if it's already charged, I'll just stand there and maybe even throw out a taunt if I hate who I'm up against.

Vyledust

Smash Cadet
NNID
vyledust
3DS FC
4828-5240-3817
Switch FC
SW-0024-1518-2334
Pluck turnips.

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
Sticky walk infinitely on the ledge... I don't know the name of the tech...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just sit around and wait...and if I'm Mega Man, I just set my Metal Blade on the ground and pick it back up.

Top Bottom