• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats Your Personal Bad Matchup?

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
i really hate facing squirtle, hes small, quick, good priority and can combo very well. though i always end up winning in the end, its still a tough match against squirtle

RATED

Smash Lord
kirby,Luigi and for the most Olimars.

oh I hate with all my heart ddd dittos , since I am a ddd and snake mainer lol I use snake against them, I don't find that matchup bad, is a winnable.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
*also how do people feel about playing dittos against their mains lol?
Diddy dittos are hectic and real momentum matches.
They can be fun but can also be hella annoying...as soon as one Diddy gains momentum its incredibly hard to stop them

Snake dittos are awezum. It's all about mindgames and explosives going off everywhere

Olimar dittos....hellllll no. Too many pikminz and can't tell wtf is going on

Luigi dittos are too fun. Especially when both Luigis like shouting SHORYUKEN after landing an up b

Falco dittos...f**k that. Whoever gets the first grab wins. Not fun at all.

Kirby dittos...meh.

Captain Falcon dittos...YES PLZ. :)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
*also how do people feel about playing dittos against their mains lol?
ZSS dittos are weird. She's got something of a rock-paper-scissors thing going, where any move she has can be beaten by another move, and winning comes down to prediction and punishment. It can be really frustrating if you're losing, but really rewarding if you're winning.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I dislike fighting any character that uses range, but I can often find a way around it.

Link however, I have serious trouble with. A good Link who mixes range with melee can walk all over my Ike.

noahbaby94

Smash Cadet
I always have issues with ike just can't get past the super armor frames of ather.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Snake. Utilt and ftilt are too good.

Used to have a hate for Diddy, till I worked out how to glide toss with squirtle ;)

GaW. I have a habit of spot dodging his smashes. Mistake.

And Mario mains who spam cape. Confuses the crap outta me. Especially when they double cape, so I'm facing the same way I originally was. Mindgames.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Why duck when you can bucket?
I was simply just replying to the statement of going G&W to be able to duck Wolf's lasers. The original complaint was that his laser spam is unduckable, and it's true. Obviously bucket is the way to go in the matchup.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
MK (Me) vs. anyone. I am one of those people that just suck as Metaknight of all people, go figure.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
ness v. (ROB, Wolf, Olimar, Pit, Luigi). Rob is somehow too quick and has greater range than me for nearly everything; wolf... I don't wanna talk about it; Olimar as a CPU lvl 9 is annoying when i handicap myself, because i die way too easily, but other than that his attacks seem to have way more priority than everything i can do; Pit has two reflecting moves, one of which can reflect everything; Luigi is too awkward of a character and his aerials are really quick with basically no lag and a hitbox that won't go away.
Surprised about marth? well i've gotten used to him, although i've never really been pwned by a grab release chain.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I always have issues with ike just can't get past the super armor frames of ather.
hint: between phases of aether you can hit him with an attack that has some knockback and he doesn't have super armor. for example, when he jumps up to catch his sword after he throws it, he's vulnerable. when he comes crashing down with the sword, he should also be vulnerable, but i don't know because i've only done so consistently with the jump up. It's pretty hard to time and you can be punished if you don't do it right, but in theory it will mess up a majority of ikes... ness's bair ftw!

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Sonic for me. Sonic's just too fast -- it's a bit unnerving to know that if you do anything laggy, he can run up to you and do whatever before you can react.

Also of note are Link and Toon Link, since a friend of mine loves filling the air with projectiles that I can't deal with simultaneously. Gives me a headache just getting through the mess.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Eh, I'm pretty decent against everyone.

I almost took a game off NoJ's MK (but he was sandbagging a lot lol).

I hate camping people, like ROB, but I can deal with them.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Other than Marth, DK, and G&W (yea I main Lucas, i lose those fights) - Olimar and Toon Link.

Olimar isnt terrible, but Toon Link I just cant manage.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
Irony Message:
I use Kirby a lot, but I always lose to Wi-Fi Kirby players, due to their inability to stop using Kirby's "Stone" special attack. I'm surprised how cheap some Kirby players are.
----------
Ike is my biggest problem though, to me he is way over powered. I'm tired of running into attack Ike, just go get sent flying by his side smash attack. >_<

Domino64 (The JOKER)

Smash Rookie
Zelda... I can't stand here and her lagless smashes!

Also, Wario... I just look at that dude and I lose. Everytime I face a Wario, the way he moves and his weird attacks remind me of the Negative Zone and I get beaten... badly.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Luigi and G&W are the ones that tick me off the most. They're both faster than my mains, and both have projectiles, making it harder for me to approach unscathed AND succeed in an offensive.

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
Irony Message:
I use Kirby a lot, but I always lose to Wi-Fi Kirby players, due to their inability to stop using Kirby's "Stone" special attack. I'm surprised how cheap some Kirby players are.
----------
Ike is my biggest problem though, to me he is way over powered. I'm tired of running into attack Ike, just go get sent flying by his side smash attack. >_<
heh, I donno he has always been a problem for me even back when i was a scrub i still fell to kirby. I don't even know why. what gets me is usually his very quick Utilts and Godly Foward smash. When I get grabbed I usually escape it at 18% so the gonzo is not the problem :dizzy:

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I've always had trouble with Wolf, but once I get close, it's rapeage.
Also, Toon Link can give me troubles with his projectiles and G&W does the trick of being an annoyance, but other than that, no real bad match-ups (not even MK, yaaay...)

Ditto's against my mains....I HATE ditto's...but that's just matchup-inexperience.

BMunich16

Smash Apprentice
There is something about diddy kong and donkey kong, I have always hated them because they were annoying as crap and then diddy tosses his god forsaken naner peels everywhere and that annoying noise he makes, then donkey kong, for whatever reason he wears a frickin tie and has donkey in his name instead of monkey. I can't beat those two for the life of me..It's like they know I hate them...

Top Bottom