• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When hanging from the ledge

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
when you are hanging from the ledge what is your favorite way to get up? i like jumping and as soon as i jump i Dair to catch anyone stupid enough to stand to close to the ledge or catch someone whos trying to jump attack me, at low damage it sets me up for another aerial i like... but how bout you guys, see any faults with mine? know of a better one? explain

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I like to do a few things either jump Nair. Tap away to a jump Bair. Or just a normal ledge attack.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
if they're right on the edge, typically, the safest thing is a back-jump-nair, since it'll autocancel as you hit the ground, letting you react out of it first more often. alternately, if it's dangerous to jump in their face even with an autocancel, you can down-jump-uair-regrab to eat their shield some then hope for pokes.

if they're further back, i mix up with either down-jump-fair to space and regrab, if they're not actively advancing, or i drop-jump arrow-jump arrow-regrab to keep them in place a bit more.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
COming back up with a uair is what i like to do best. I get a free hit and if they block i can just re grab the edge.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
ledge hop arrow, jump arrow, jump arrow, regrab or
ledge hop arrow, jump arrow, jump f-air onto stage.
it's not what i do all the time but it's my favorite =D

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
I like to get back on stage with the following aerial moves:

Uair: The best to use when I am trying to get back on stage and hit the opponent because of the long time it stays. Also it hits strait up while your jumping so you have a higher chance to hit the opponent while jumping up.

Bair: This is the hardest to pull of but if you do you'll have a great amount of room for you to get back on safely. Its better to do this when the opponent has high percentages because it could even lead to your kill.

Fair: Fair is easy to use and quick, it is the best to use if you want to have good timing.

Overall, I use uair the most.. also i sometimes jump and arrow spam to bring the opponent close and then use an aerial attack.

Top Bottom