• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When I go on "For Glory"

SuckerKick

Smash Rookie
"Oh! A pit! This is great practice for my kir-" spams arrows "Intristing strat....i will just approach from above,then come down with up B." UPPERDASH ARM HYAH! "Wow,80% already?He must be good." "I have to play more defensivley then." Stops Moving "Is he afk?Lets taunt him:awesome:" Suddenly foward smashes me and wins game "This is som bull****."

Skwrl

Smash Cadet
That is For Glory in a nutshell. Go to some tournaments. In between play against your Amiibo

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Y'all have better options: find opponents here, go on Anther's Ladder, join Smash Discords, and/or try your hand at a local tournament. For Glory only leads to pain and heartache. But if y'all want to proceed with that mode, expect spammers, trolls, and name-callers (oh my).

SuckerKick

Smash Rookie
1.Too poor for tournaments.My HS dont have smash club ;( 2.Also too poor for amiibo.I have bills to pay. 3.Im scared people will bomb me beacause i suck at smash....the reason i main sonic is beacause for every mistake i make,people cant punish me cuz im too fast. Well it dont matter anyway i made this thread to vent.I suppose i deserved that for taunting when someone is afk but,lets all admit,we have all done that at one point.And if you have not,you are lying through your teeth.I think ill stick to twitch stream battles and binge watching ZeRo's analysis's vids.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
1.Too poor for tournaments.My HS dont have smash club ;( 2.Also too poor for amiibo.I have bills to pay. 3.Im scared people will bomb me beacause i suck at smash....the reason i main sonic is beacause for every mistake i make,people cant punish me cuz im too fast. Well it dont matter anyway i made this thread to vent.I suppose i deserved that for taunting when someone is afk but,lets all admit,we have all done that at one point.And if you have not,you are lying through your teeth.I think ill stick to twitch stream battles and binge watching ZeRo's analysis's vids.
To be honest, you aren't going to get better with that kind of mindset.

Go against people anyways and learn. Who cares if you get bodied when you gain experience in the process? Don't use Sonic just because he makes things easier for you. Improve on your weaknesses so you don't have to rely on such things anymore.

Do what L Lola Luftnagle said and at the very least start finding opponents here. We aren't scary folks and could help you out a lot so you don't have to put up with For Glory shenanigans like that anymore. Anything is worth trying even if you're scared.

If it's worth it, it's worth it.

Skwrl

Smash Cadet
KirbCider has a good point. You can't get better if you don't take a chance. At the very least you should play against people from this site. You will avoid trolling and all other nonsense that FG presents.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
The reason why some peopme think competitive fighting games are hard to get into is because, the truth of the matter really is:
You're not going to get good unless you get blown up once or twice. It's part of the sport.

Skwrl

Smash Cadet
The reason why some peopme think competitive fighting games are hard to get into is because, the truth of the matter really is:
You're not going to get good unless you get blown up once or twice. It's part of the sport.
Most people have a tough time accepting these facts though. They think they are going to be the best right off the bat.

JagerCrush

Smash Cadet
Everything that's been said is honestly the truth, you gotta start somewhere. Most people at tournaments are friendly and you can even say I'm new and then ask for tips and people can help point out your weaknesses and you can improve. For Glory is also just one stage, using a stage with platforms completely changes how you can approach. If it's any consolation those FG spammers will get utterly destroyed against skilled players or in tournament settings.
You can also lab some in training mode. IDK what to tell you about characters. IDK if sonic is your best or if you even like sonic or just think he's good bc he's an easy character that's hard to punish. If you genuinely want to get better listen to some of the suggestions being said. If you just want to vent, smashboards isn't the place, go make a reddit post.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Y'all three sugar pies above me couldn't be more correct.

I've been playing since 2005 beginning with Melee, but I'm nowhere close to a professional level myself. Now, it wasn't until Brawl and Smash U were released that I aimed to improve and I was putting actual effort into doing so. Now, time means nothing if y'all don't put forth the effort.

There will be characters out that have attacks that are a huge pain to deal with, and some who fare poorly in terms of matchups. Sometimes some tactics are useless against certain moves or characters. Some moves have lower risk than others, that can't be helped. I get how a character(s) can piss somebody off. Me? I still don't like fighting :4link:, even after I learned how to take him on better. There's always going to be that one character (or two or three) for someone. Instead of raging and venting, a better use of time would be to find out how to deal with them.

Y'all have to learn to adapt to your opponents, and learn if one thing gets y'all nowhere try something else. Now, I firmly believe there's no way to be cheap in any fighting game. Your opponent might be doing something you disagree with (spamming, camping, running away, what have you) but those tactics can be beaten. It's going to take a little bit of thinking and patience on your part.

Last edited:
Top Bottom