• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When playing your friends, what gets you mad the most?

2Sko

Smash Cadet
What does get you mad the most when playing against your friends?

For me it's when I play with them when they first started and thought only the strong characters are good... and the fast characters suck.

Also when they say that they can beat you after they play CPU's at lvl 3, or Classic on Easy...

What makes you guys mad the most?...

xTrav8

Smash Cadet
Two threads within ten minutes? Ah well...

I really hate when my friends insist on using items, or if anyone was to use Fox's Usmash like my cousin does, not knowing it decays, and using that above all other moves.

2Sko

Smash Cadet
Two threads within ten minutes? Ah well...

I really hate when my friends insist on using items, or if anyone was to use Fox's Usmash like my cousin does, not knowing it decays, and using that above all other moves.
Hahahaha, well sorry, I barely get time to go on SWF, and I said, I guess might as well...
Plus I was really curious about my two question..

I also hate when they think they can win because they're are "good" with items.

bow master1

Smash Apprentice
well i have a friend thats really good at brawl and when we vs. i always lose.but thats not wat makes me mad.its that when i pick a character and he wins the next brawl he'll pick the last character i used.makes me think hes trying to show off or something.

2Sko

Smash Cadet
well i have a friend thats really good at brawl and when we vs. i always lose.but thats not wat makes me mad.its that when i pick a character and he wins the next brawl he'll pick the last character i used.makes me think hes trying to show off or something.
Samething with me, he always does that, but when you get that good, it does oemthing to you that makes you want to show off

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
When my friend gives up because I always win. I don't try to drive him off, but....

He complains about ridiculous things like "I shielded that!" and "I should have outpioritized you!" and stuff like that. The former was used quite recently when I ended the game with a Lucas u-smash.

Koala

Smash Cadet
I would have to say what gets me mad the most would have to be when we occasionally play with items on and I get a faulty hammer and get thrown off of the stage and die, that always gets me pretty upset.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I used to hate getting footstool'd.
And it would happen a lot.
And he'd do it 2 more times just to be a *****.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
My friend has been playing brawl since it started and still thinks the strong characters like MEtaknight and Ike are good LOL.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
When they make you worse because they suck.
Quoted for truth.

Having no one to play who is competitive makes it very difficult to advance in any way other than learning AT's or chains, and then you can't gauge how well they would work on a good player.

Either that or spamming for the sake of spamming.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I do not have friends who can compete with me in brawl so I know what you are talking about.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Not the way he uses him, he just spams his moves, the ones where you can't really counter, "tornado", "spin" and "flying strike", lol, it's noobish.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not the way he uses him, he just spams his moves, the ones where you can't really counter, "tornado", "spin" and "flying strike", lol, it's noobish.
The irony in this is just amazing. I lol'd.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
What bothers me the most when playing most friends is them trying to use the same attack pattern over and over.

I also hate it when they start johning, pausing and trying to disconnect my controller.

Most of all, complaining that bot hmy characters are cheap and are godly, especially when I camp and zone.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
What bothers me the most when playing most friends is them trying to use the same attack pattern over and over.

I also hate it when they start johning, pausing and trying to disconnect my controller.

Most of all, complaining that bot hmy characters are cheap and are godly, especially when I camp and zone.

Camp and zone until they cry

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
I do, then they end up dogpiling me and dude, its painful being dogpiled by 2 fat people and 2 ******* XD

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
For the most part, I have to go really easy on my friends for it to be close; I hate it that they can't tell.:laugh:

Amalgam

Smash Rookie
I despise that they insist on Final Destination ONLY. NOTHING ELSE. Ugh, I'm sick of seeing that stage D:

xXLifTXx

Smash Rookie
When my cousin uses snake or ivysaur .... It's unbeleivable how many times i have a bomb stuck to my face during a single match, or how many time he super charges up smash while my little brother is spamming captain falcons regular A.. lol

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
The fact that I always win.

None of them know about AT's, Mains, Melee, shield canceling, combo's, grab, and all other sh*t.
:mad:

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
My friend
in Melee when I started playing again chose Young Link and went to the spike on Corneria
and started "Fire stoooorm!" (Spamming fire arrows >.>) Gosh, so annoying, and impossible to get past. Also, when people can't admit you are better than them, but they usually get past that
eventually.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Fire stoooorm!

This was the first day I had played Melee in like a year,
and I tried EVERY character, but Fire Storm always won.

I could have just changed the level...Lol.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
When they manage to spam successfully, like being trapped in Mr G&W's jab move...

Shows no real skill but manages to work grr >:(

DDM

Smash Journeyman
A little while ago, I was playing with my nephew. We had a match on Jungle Japes. He kept Kooplexing me into the water!... which pissed me off, but wasn't so bad because I kept recovering, and he didn't.

But the two things that aggravate me the most are the Fan and Ivysaur's Bullet Seed.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I play my friend online I get really pissed from the lag, because I end up dying or suiciding in stupid ways that on normal speeds would never have happened. My friend gets to win because of this dumb occurance :(

Whineytugboat

Smash Rookie
Believe me buddy, i always hated people hu think they are so good in brawl, trash talk, lose, then go either like "You cheated!!" or "That wasn't fair!!" or just turn silent going like "so? big deal.."

Whineytugboat

Smash Rookie
Suprisingly, my Brawl doesn't lag. But when i go to my friend's house, their Brawl lags. Is there something wrong with my or my friendssss (quote "ssss") Brawl or is mine special? (Mine's is ***)

Top Bottom