• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

when the phuck is nintendo going to fix the online play? (plus other angriness)

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
seriously, wtf.

i feel so **** ripped off by this game. it is so much worse than melee in EVERY dimension. the one thing it had going for it was the online play... but you cant play online! if i am lucky enough to get a random match going (which requires a LOT of luck), the experience is completely ruined by the spiking lag (or when the game just freezes for 5-10 seconds). I have changed the channel on my router and set the wii to static IP, but still no luck. so when is this going to be fixed???? (or at least better?)

for that matter, i feel ripped off by the wii as a whole. im sick and tired of paying full price for half games. No More Heroes took 12 hours to beat (at a slow pace), i hear corruption was just as short, Mario Galaxy was really short, the new Fire Emblem is exactly the same as the GC version, twilight princess was on both consoles. so where are the Wii games??!??!?! i paid all this money for what? the last chance nintendo had to save itself was brawl... and they blew it.

i have been a Nintendo fanboy all my life. I wont even go near a PS2/3. but they have screwed me over for the last time.

PHUCK NINTENDO!!!!

im done with them. im just done.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591

You sir are an idiot

The net isnt Nintendo's problem it's your pissass connection which is the problem

Tables

Smash Cadet
Oh no, Nintendo loses a fan! Call the cops call the hair stylist what are we gonna do without you?

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
I'd also like to add that Nintendo and most japanese companys for that matter won't give two ****s about online until it takes off in Japan. Till then just make like a good girl and swallow.

thisismatt

Smash Cadet
We too are all pissed about this, but you don't see us posting like this.

Also, looking at his post count and length of account, I don't think he'd suicide like this. I think someone may have gotten into his account.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I have Zero problems with online I can find people on anyone within 10-15 seconds max and my friend matches are almost always flawless, rarely do we get a big lag spike.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
i have a 10 MB connection... that is not the problem.

Nintendo is the problem. i am not the only fan they have lost
Lol 10mb connection, I have 54mbps get with the times.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
NERDRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

Yes, Nintendo's wi-fi is definitely bad, but you didn't have to ***** about it like a 12-year-old and make a crappy thread about it.

Edit: 52 Mbps here when my computer isn't being stupid. I still lag quite a bit, though.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Then why am I getting lag? My connection is the exact same mbps as yours. Even when the wii is 4 ft from the router. laglaglag monster
Maybe because the person you are playing with has a crappy connection, Brawl is NOT on servers, it's peer to peer connection, if one persons connection blows, it lags for everyone.

That's probably why you get lag if at all on anyone matches, because people have piss *** connections..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjSiV_HPSEw
Also Wifi Match

6footninja

Smash Ace
Maybe because the person you are playing with has a crappy connection, Brawl is NOT on servers, it's peer to peer connection, if one persons connection blows, it lags for everyone.

That's probably why you get lag if at all on anyone matches, because people have piss *** connections..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjSiV_HPSEw
Also Wifi Match
Yeah, I figured. Thanks for confirming, explains why I don't get lag much at all on friend matches. Their connection isn't complete crap, and I know that for a fact.

/sigh :/

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
NERDRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

Yes, Nintendo's wi-fi is definitely bad, but you didn't have to ***** about it like a 12-year-old and make a crappy thread about it.

Edit: 52 Mbps here when my computer isn't being stupid. I still lag quite a bit, though.
sorry, just wanted to vent... didnt think i would be the only one.

am i really the only one who feels ripped off by brawl and nintendo as a whole?

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Nintendo has yet to let me down, I realize their faults but I've been loyal to them and they always seem to deliver for me, I take what i'm given and make the best out of it and have a blast.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Leave it up to poor design on Nintendo's part, but of course this game will sell in the millions anyways, so it's not like they are going to care how it's designed as long as it sells.

Next time rent the game before you buy it. If you buy a game on blind faith, and end up not liking it, then it's your own fault.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Leave it up to poor design on Nintendo's part, but of course this game will sell in the millions anyways, so it's not like they are going to care how it's designed as long as it sells.

Next time rent the game before you buy it. If you buy a game on blind faith, and end up not liking it, then it's your own fault.
Last I checked Nintendo can make quality games, sure their online isnt the greatest but it's something, and I personally am having a blast with it. As limited as it is I don't need a million options just to set up a game, Brawl is perfect the way it is.

I chat with my friends on MSN When we play, Because I also play the game On my PC monitor Via Gamebridge, so I have all my bases covered.

The game is really enjoyable for me, people who don't like it well that's their problem.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
for that matter, i feel ripped off by the wii as a whole. im sick and tired of paying full price for half games. No More Heroes took 12 hours to beat (at a slow pace), i hear corruption was just as short, Mario Galaxy was really short, the new Fire Emblem is exactly the same as the GC version, twilight princess was on both consoles. so where are the Wii games??!??!?! i paid all this money for what? the last chance nintendo had to save itself was brawl... and they blew it.
its not just brawl. i think brawl is much worse than melee... but lets say that i am the only one, and in fact brawl kicks a$$.

what about every other game? im used to nintendo not having third party games, thats fine. but where are the full-releases? corruption, galaxy, no more heroes, FE, etc, etc. are not worth $50. they were all good, and all fun... but very short. in the end, i feel ripped off having paid $50 for them.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Why did you just quote yourself?

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
They were all good, and all fun... but very short. in the end, i feel ripped off having paid $50 for them.
Then rent games, or take the games you buy and trade them in when your done. It's that simple.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Your problem will be fixed if you dont use an anglerfish as your wireless router.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
to reiterate my point...
people were just focusing on my saying i am disappointed with brawl, when the real point was that i am disappointed with the wii in general.
Well this is BRAWL discussion not Nintendo Wii discussion

Avalon262

Smash Cadet
to reiterate my point...
people were just focusing on my saying i am disappointed with brawl, when the real point was that i am disappointed with the wii in general.
well good for you. Its kind of obvious that Nintendo doesn't really care much about the hardcore gamers as you see a lot of casual crap and mini games. I pretty much bought the wii for all the first party games like brawl, galaxy, prime, zelda, fire emblem, mario kart etc. Despite what people think, the wii is an absolute juggernaut crushing the ps3 & 360 and sadly Nintendo probably won't change as long as things stay this way.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
besides lag anyone think the online system as a whole (ease of use and such) sucks? because that's what i fell ripped off about

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
well good for you. Its kind of obvious that Nintendo doesn't really care much about the hardcore gamers as you see a lot of casual crap and mini games. I pretty much bought the wii for all the first party games like brawl, galaxy, prime, zelda, fire emblem, mario kart etc. Despite what people think, the wii is an absolute juggernaut crushing the ps3 & 360 and sadly Nintendo probably won't change as long as things stay this way.
You are very right... and it makes me sad. Couldnt they give us hardcore gamers one or two games to play? Instead of making EVERYTHING for the casual gamer? it doesnt look like they will

oh well
/me goes to buy a 360

Rhaegor

Smash Rookie
sorry, just wanted to vent... didnt think i would be the only one.

am i really the only one who feels ripped off by brawl and nintendo as a whole?
You are not the only one. I just don't care enough to post about it. My wife wanted a Wii so I bought one. I know PCs are the only way to game, but she just had to have one. It sucks, the games suck, the online play sucks. Waste of money so she could play cooking mama. Yay.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
this is a good point. but still, who wants to own a console where you dont want to own any of the games (or own only 1 or 2 games)?
Well you could always get the game when it goes on sale.

There aren't many games that I think are worth $50 to begin with. But I don't regret paying $50 for this one. I think it would be an absolute steal for $40. Plus, there are alot more worse games out there that cost $50 that aren't worth half that.

I think the main problem with games like these is that for them to spend the time to make a game to make everybody happy, the wouldn't be able to charge $50 for it.

Mr Mattastic

Smash Journeyman
seriously, wtf.

i feel so **** ripped off by this game. it is so much worse than melee in EVERY dimension. the one thing it had going for it was the online play... but you cant play online! if i am lucky enough to get a random match going (which requires a LOT of luck), the experience is completely ruined by the spiking lag (or when the game just freezes for 5-10 seconds). I have changed the channel on my router and set the wii to static IP, but still no luck. so when is this going to be fixed???? (or at least better?)

i have been a Nintendo fanboy all my life. I wont even go near a PS2/3. but they have screwed me over for the last time.

PHUCK NINTENDO!!!!

im done with them. im just done.
So you getting that new Mario Kart game? It looks awesome

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
I think the main problem with games like these is that for them to spend the time to make a game to make everybody happy, the wouldn't be able to charge $50 for it.
i dont agree with this.

games in the past were never more than $60, and still rocked.

someone pointed out the mario64 speed run is longer htan it takes to beat galaxy, and m64 only cost $60 when it came out. Halo3 is an amazing accomplishment of a game and it was $60. there are plenty of other examples. why is it that now nintendo cant publish a full game for $50?

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
:ohwell:

Someone care to tell me what great games the Xbox 360 has that haven't been ported to the PC yet?
they usually come out on the 360 first. plus a 360 is a lot cheaper than upgrading my pc.

either way, i really wish i had invested in a 360 or a new pc instead of a wii... and to think about all the effort it took to get one. i really feel dumb

Rhaegor

Smash Rookie
:ohwell:

Someone care to tell me what great games the Xbox 360 has that haven't been ported to the PC yet?
What does that have to do with the price of fish in China? The problem is that all of the Wii games are ported from something else to the Wii. The Wii needs Wii games that are worth porting to the PC, something I doubt you will ever see.

Top Bottom