• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

when the phuck is nintendo going to fix the online play? (plus other angriness)

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
besides online brawl is one helluva of a game there's so much to do sse alone would've sold me

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
What does that have to do with the price of fish in China? The problem is that all of the Wii games are ported from something else to the Wii. The Wii needs Wii games that are worth porting to the PC, something I doubt you will ever see.
PC games are generally better than their console ports...

Also,
The problem is that all of the Wii games are ported from something else to the Wii.
I do believe you are talking out of your ***.

neji32

Smash Lord
If your connection is good but still has lag, its the others you play.
As for the updates, brawl won't have any new features until it has been released everywhere.

Give brawl a chance people. Its just been announced that nintendo is making headsets.(something to look forward to). With headsets comes a chat channel(most likely).

Brawl will turn out better just give it AT LEAST 4 or 5 months and they will have made tons of updates and it will be a completly better game promise.

Bone64

Smash Cadet
OMG man. Nintendo's Wi-Fi is fine.

You just have a bad connection. Nintendo has tons of good Wii games. Nintendo did not blew it.

Nintendo's Wi-Fi is fine.

And Jeez, watch your language.

neji32

Smash Lord
If your connection is good but still has lag, its the others you play.
As for the updates, brawl won't have any new features until it has been released everywhere.

Give brawl a chance people. Its just been announced that nintendo is making headsets.(something to look forward to). With headsets comes a chat channel(most likely).

Brawl will turn out better just give it AT LEAST 4 or 5 months and they will have made tons of updates and it will be a completly better game promise.
Srry to quote myself but people REALLY NEED TO GIVE BRAWL A CHANCE. If anything you must admit the music is GREAT.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
Srry to quote myself but people REALLY NEED TO GIVE BRAWL A CHANCE. If anything you must admit the music is GREAT.
i hope your right. im not going to quit playing.

however, im not getting anything new from nintendo for a long time.

so which do u all recommend? a 360 or a ps3?

Zombieforce

Smash Rookie
I have tried online in a few different locations, and it doesn't work for me either.

Of course, this bothers me, but I have plenty of people to play offline with, so it isn't too bad. :|

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
This thread should be called "bash the Wii thread":embarrass

lol brawl obviously have more developer cost. dual layer, SSE and tons of music. :dizzy:
"bash the wii" would probably be more accurate.

and im not saying that brawl is not worth $50, it is. but im just disappointed with the changes. no L canceling? come on, that was in ssb64. and SSE was just a bunch of running around... it was ok

mewtwo_to_you_too

Smash Cadet
maybe you are playing people who have crappy internet connections
quit whining. you can have a hardwired internet connection to the wii and if it still sucks that doesnt mean that its nintendo fault, it never will be.
it means that.... wait for iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit..... im gonna have to repeat myself..... IT'S THE OTTHER PEOPLE'S INTERNET CONNECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS WHY ITS EFFIN UP FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

tool

Avalon262

Smash Cadet
You are very right... and it makes me sad. Couldnt they give us hardcore gamers one or two games to play? Instead of making EVERYTHING for the casual gamer? it doesnt look like they will

oh well
/me goes to buy a 360
The thing is Nintendo believes they've given what the hardcore want in super mario galaxy, metroid prime 3, brawl, mario kart wii, no more heroes, etc.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
The thing is Nintendo believes they've given what the hardcore want in super mario galaxy, metroid prime 3, brawl, mario kart wii, no more heroes, etc.
Hardcore?
All those games are made to be mainstream -_-;
Rarely are hardcore fans appealed especially in games that are obviously meant to be party games.
Smash, mario kart etc.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I always get the same person* when playing with anyone or it disconnects after 7 or 8 minutes. I've gotten other people like only 3 times. The lag is horrible.

I did the port forwarding thing and it helped a bit with the lag but it is still bad, on the other hand i did that for the ds and i move so fast that i started creaming people online when i usually lost because of lag but since yesterday my ds keeps crashing. :mad:

It pisses me off that in brawl you can't chose a 1vs1 battle, or is there any way to do it?

*He/she always uses Ike and Mario in certain colors and has the same play style.

Rash

Smash Ace
The OP is the worst example of an ex-Nintendo fanboy.

No More Heroes is 12 hours? Probably. Metroid Prime 3 is at least 18. Mario Galaxy is 20+. But, those are all quality games. Mario Galaxy alone is the best platformer of the past several years.

Smash Brothers Brawl is infinite in how many hours it can be played, and because of that is probably worth twice its retail price. Brawl misses the mark in some ways, but its production values still go far and beyond those of certain other games. How can you say it's "half a game" when most games don't receive nearly the same thorough development and attention to detail that a game like Brawl had?

In general, you can't just bash a game for being X amount of hours and saying that it's not worth the money, especially on Wii. Do you know how many games are under 10 hours on the X360 and PS3, but cost ten dollars more than the highest-costing Wii game? MANY. Don't be blind, man. Getting even 10 hours out of a game for $50 is actually a good deal in this day and age. Heck, I own an X360 and I find it tough to know when to buy games because there are very few that are worth $60 to me. Finding X360 games that are worth $60 is harder than finding Wii games that are worth $50, in my opinion. But, in both cases I usually wait for price drops anyway. Gaming in general is expensive, period.

Besides, sometimes you have to realize when to balance quality with quantity. Is a crappy 30 hour game worth more to you than a great 10 hour game?

6footninja

Smash Ace
besides online brawl is one helluva of a game there's so much to do sse alone would've sold me
I agree it's one great game, even when you're playing offline. But buying it if it was just sse? I can't stand sse. Im just glad I blew the 7 hours on it to get all the characters. Wasn't fun after the first couple hours. Repetition isn't very fun at all to me

milind4

Smash Apprentice
you know, the internet is really great for me... i just played a guy in california from india (7500 miles distance for your information) and theere was practically NO lag. i'm serious... i think there were just 5 split-second, barely noticeable instances in each match.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
FE:RD is like atleast 35+ hour long game and the story is nothing like that of PoR. TP is more fun on wii then GC. Curroption even if it was short was really fun.SMG was IMO the best of the 3(64,sunshine,SMG)and ive played all 3. Then theres the sequels to other melee games like BW2,brawls and the most likely soon to be pikmen 3.So I dont get your thought on how the 'suck'.

As for brawls wifi it may not be amazing but it is good to use (try playing with people who live in your city or state)

@above post

Namaste my parents are from India aswell :p im shikh though

6footninja

Smash Ace
Maybe because the person you are playing with has a crappy connection, Brawl is NOT on servers, it's peer to peer connection, if one persons connection blows, it lags for everyone.

That's probably why you get lag if at all on anyone matches, because people have piss *** connections..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjSiV_HPSEw
Also Wifi Match
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/gameSSBB.jsp

"All other issues:

Due to the overwhelming popularity of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, our servers may be experiencing a high amount of traffic

Top Bottom