• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When was the worst time you have tripped?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Title says it all.

Mine was in New Pork Town. The Ultimate Chimera appeared very close to me and I tripped.... JUST BARELY GOT AWAY! :laugh:

Sharky

Smash Master
Mine would be tripping not once, but four times in a row to lose the first match I had against my brother. Now that's terrible >.<

Ørion

Smash Ace
Once we both had high percents on our last stock, I was about to do a killing move, tripped into Ikes >Smash.

Actually, I've had trippings almost like dodge rolls where they let me dodge an attack lol. I always laugh when that happens.

:034:

Smash Hero
Tripping into a Falcon Punch = bad juju.

But yeah, I tripped near the Chimera once as well. Managed to get away, though.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
The match was my Lucario, my friend's Diddy, and my other friend's G&W. I tripped over a banana, then tripped over another one right in front of it. I tripped a third time (not from a banana) and landed right in a Judgment 9. Yeah, that was nice :ohwell:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Boss Battles. I lost to Petey Piranha. As you can see, tripping can humiliate you. I wish they never put banana peels in the game so this stupid action would never happen.

If they want better air combat, fine. But dumbing down ground combat (which is the most common element in all fighting games) feels like being spit in the face.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I remember tripping at least 4-6 times in a row at the beginning of a match. I think that happened when I was practising with the sandbag, so it wasn't that bad.

I don't think I've ever had anyone take advantage of my tripping, though, but once, I was pursuing my opponent whom I've knocked off the stage. I was going to dair that guy with my Zelda, but I tripped.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Worst trip in the game was when my brother was able to smash open a smashball with Marth. As I was Kirby, my plan was to mulit-jump and trick him into using it at the wrong time; But as he grabbed it, I tried to run to the side a small amount, to seperate myself, tripped, he unleashed his final smash, and... :cry:
(Kirby trips take a long time to finish, in my opinion, that adds to the bad part)

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Worst trip in the game was when my brother was able to smash open a smashball with Marth. As I was Kirby, my plan was to mulit-jump and trick him into using it at the wrong time; But as he grabbed it, I tried to run to the side a small amount, to seperate myself, tripped, he unleashed his final smash, and... :cry:
(Kirby trips take a long time to finish, in my opinion, that adds to the bad part)
I did the same thing, except A. it was Link, and B. he missed me due to invincibility frames. :laugh:

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I'm lucky since I've never tripped into a dire situation. I usually trip while trying to run towards my opponent, but I'm far away enough where I can get up in time. Of course, somtimes I trip next to my opponent, but it usually only results in minimal damage.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
I've tripped on the platform on Frigate Orpheon which moves off the side of the screen.
This. I was so pissed to, I was Ganondorf against... I think Pit, and I almost scored an epic spike against him when the platform saved the *******, I land, get ready to chase back, trip, and die.

>.<

Spire

III
BRoomer
I was once in a 1v1 with Diddy, and he banana'd all over the place. It played out like this:

Falling downwards - get up - slip on banana - get up - trip - slip again - get up - trip - slip again. A good ten seconds later, this pretty much happened AGAIN. Thankfully I did not take much damage as my opponent was laughing his *** off too much to concentrate.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Well the worst times tripping for me have been when I'm throwing bananas at my opponents and then I trip causing the whole combo to go completely wrong lol.

Leifio

Smash Cadet
The gamestop tourney when the game first came out in the US it was sudden death and i tripped and died and the rules were if you die once u FAIL THE TOURNEY.............................................................................................................

Nayubz

Smash Rookie
New Pork Town

inb4everyoneelsesaysNewPorkTownifthisworkedlikeGameFAQs

Aran

Smash Apprentice
Tripped right into a Jigglypuff, who promptly responded the only way he could have, resting me to oblivion.

Top Bottom