• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When will the next Super Smash be released and what will it be called?

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros. came out in 1999.

Melee came out in 2001.

Brawl, 2008.

When will the next one come out?

Furthermore, any name possibilities? Okay, and don't go to thesaurus.com and look for synonyms to "fight."

That_Move_is_Key

Smash Cadet
It's never going to come out. And even if it did (unless it's fan designed) it'll be called something silly like super smash brothers tussle.

edit: no, it'd still be called that.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
There probably wont be a SSB4. If however by any chance there is, it will be a Brawl 2.0.

They cant expand Brawl enough to make a proper sequel.

GIGA-SkullKid

Smash Apprentice
super smash bros arsen
well any wev been waiting nearly 3 years for brawl and as soon as it comes out you want 4
come on wed be luckey if we got a no 4 sure sakurai was reluctant about brawl and it was origgonly an online melee

Blackadder

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros: Return of the Wavedash

Due 2011.

Sure all you hardcore players can't wait. :bee:

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I think they would make a Smash game for the DS, or their next portable system. Most likely, they probably won't make another, at least not for a VERY long time (I'm thinking around 2015 or 2017). Super Smash Bros DS or Super Smash Bros Touched...Geez.

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
Isn't the brawl motto
"The one brawl to end them all"?
doesn't that mean there will be no more?

If a new one does come out, it'll probably be for the next handheld gaming system.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
Theres no way Nintendo could leave a cash cow like smash alone, maybe by 2011-2012.

SupaSkaMasta

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. Fisticuffs

If not, It'll be something like Nintendo Vs. Sony. =D In a smash style setting, not MvC.

cdilink

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if some different developer taken over SSB... We would get a Super Smash Bros. game each year, but they would look almost exactly the same, only with more characters.

crazy88

Smash Rookie
I want them to make another but I kinda doubt they will. I agree though lets just enjoy brawl for now. The online play should be great for the replay value. Just for the heck of it.... Super Smash Brothers: Battle Royale...
lol 2013

Newskool

Smash Cadet
Super smash bros whuppin.

2012-2014 seems likely.

And lol at the people who say it's not coming out because sakurai isn't coming back. Because nintendo would NEEEEEVER milk a series for all it's worth long after it's time, amirite?

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
There won't ever have a true sequeal, maybe a spin-off, or something like that.

But a name for the new one should be Super Smash Bros. All Stars

I suggested that name befor they released Brawl as the name lol xD

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros Clash.

Another interesting thing is that analyists are saying the current gen is going to last only about three years, so I would expect a new Smash around 2012.

AznHalfCaucasian

Smash Journeyman
What a bummer.........hope someone will continue the series without Sakurai.
(hopefully someone who knows fighting games more better)

-As someone pointed out, the series is making a whole a lot money *Nintendo pocketing money*

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
doubt theres gonna be a next one seeing as Sakurai didnt even intend brawl till they asked him to

if there is, itll come out like in 2020 when the wii 5 comes out

maybe called Super Smash Bros. War, Super Smash Bros. Clash, Super Smash Bros. Fray, Super Smash Bros. Return of the Clones, Super Smash Bros. Final Smash

who cares, not coming out

Top Bottom