• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When will the next Super Smash be released and what will it be called?

Sir_Psycho

Smash Apprentice
I think it's silly for people to say there will NEVER be another Smash Bros. SSB is one of the most successful series to ever grace a Nintendo console, and I would put it right up there with Mario, Zelda, and Metroid on level of popularity. Have they stopped making those games? No, because that would be idiotic. Even if Sakurai won't come back for another game Nintendo will find someone else to develop SSB. That being said I have thought of three possible sequels to Brawl, all would come out around 2012-2014.

Super Smash Bros. Fracas--all the characters would harken back to their country roots. Harvest Moon kid(see my avatar) would be in it. As well as Banjo because I mean, his name is BANJO.

Super Smash Bros. Rhubarb(Look it up, it could work)--This would be a great depression era type smash bros. Coin battles would be removed, and every character would wear a gunny sack, a barrel, or rags instead of their usual attire. New characters would be Dhalsim since all he wears is a loin cloth anyway, and Geno just because everyone wants him.

Super Smash Bros. Riot- This would be a GTA clone featuring the Nintendo characters. Bill Rizer would be introduced as a new character as well as Mega Man.

XACE-K

Smash Master
No clue about the name but I'm predicting it will be released in late 2013 or early 2014.

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Brothers: Diplomatic talks

but seriously, Super Smash Brothers: Conflict or Mayhem

D

Deleted member

The rest only make sense:

• Super Smash Bros. Bakeoff
  • Super Smash Bros.: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Super Super Smash Bros.
  • Super Smash Bros. 360
  • Super Smash Bros. Landmasters
  • Super Smash Bros.: Featuring Tingle!
  • Super Smash Bros. Vs. Capcom
  • Super Smash Bros.: The Halo Edition
  • Super Smash Bros.: You're Too--

AARGGH!!

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
With all the work that went into Brawl, I wouldn't expect a sequel for a long time. If they want to make the fourth game surpass Brawl, they'll need a good amount of development time again. So I'm predicting a 2013-2015 release date. But even that sounds a little too early.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
It will be called Super Smash Brothers Apocalypse. It will have a 100 character roster including many who were missed and the return of advanced techs but it will come out around 2666, on the day that global warning consumes most of the world. Everyone will be dead except people on the caribbean and Fidel Castro is going to be the first one to "buy" a copy.

:chuckle: That randomness was because i suddenly remembered about I Am Legend were they didn't think about U.S. embargo'ed places like Cuba. That movie was hella-dumb.

abgar

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Bros Street.

Use the whole new knifes and pistols to win the match.

Cooming soon this 2020

Mr.MoJo21

Smash Cadet
First the DS Version in 2009 and it will be called Super Smash Bros. Chaos

Then the new nintendo system will come out in 2011 and it will be called the Nintendo Aquas or the Nintendo Energy andThe Next Smash will be a release Game Called Super Smash Bros. Mayhem.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
super smash brothers melee 2.0 would be a dumb title, and they would never do that...if you want a game like melee, play melee for Christs' Sake. People need to get over that brawl isn't like melee...
but anyways, I think they will call it smash bros. slap happy fun hour and it comes out in 2013.

Martham112

Smash Cadet
I can't wait for Super Smash Brothers Super Ultra Mega Party Edition Yellow to come out in 2012! You can called it Super Smash Brothers Sumpey if you want though.

Finkledoodoo

Smash Cadet
super smash brothers mediation
on the nintendo friends are great (F.A.G.) entertainment system...
sakurai will request that the franchise become a hand shaking simulator (with no advanced moves so that everyone feels great)...

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
I think its FAR too early to predicting anything for a 4th Smash game. We've barely had a firm grasp on Brawl yet. We should wait for the next major Nintendo console before we expect another game in this series.

With that being said, I'd personally like to see a Nintendo VS. Shonen Jump (it could play either like Brawl or J.U.S., I'd be satisfied with either way of play)

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Brothers: Altercation

Super Smash Brothers: Tussle

Super Smash Brothers: Electric Boogaloo

Also on New Years, 2011

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
It will be called Super Smash Bros - This game doesn't have Ridley as a playable character either!

... although that Title is perhaps too long.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Next Nintendo system... unfortunately lately Nintendo is average 1 good game from the best series for every system (exception being NES which had 2 LOZ and 3 Marios).

Mario Kart (Super Mario Kart -SNES; Mario 64 - N65; Mario Kart:DD - GC; Mario Kart Wii - Wii)
Legend of Zelda (LTTP - SNES; Ocarina - N64; Windwaker - GC; Twilight Princess - Wii)
Mario Platform (Super Mario World - SNES; Mario 64 - N64; Sunshine - GC; Galaxy - Wii)
Smash Brothers (SSB - 64; Melee - GC; Brawl - Wii)

volbound1700

Smash Master
super smash brothers melee 2.0 would be a dumb title, and they would never do that...if you want a game like melee, play melee for Christs' Sake. People need to get over that brawl isn't like melee...
but anyways, I think they will call it smash bros. slap happy fun hour and it comes out in 2013.
I want Melee with Diddy Kong, Sonic, Megaman, and Ike though... I love Brawl but telling the Melee fans to play Melee is dumb because Melee doesn't have all the new characters/stages of Brawl.

Top Bottom