• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When will

CHUK

Smash Ace
Melee be revived? Seriously, I mean good music and most good games stay intact but will melee fade away much like calculator watches? lol idk....REVIVE...darn :(

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
In my eyes, Melee never died. There are people here, including myself, who still have a blast playing Melee for what it is; fun and fast.

Melee's been out for almost 7 years now, and with a strong community behind it, it won't fade away for a while.

Cinder

Smash Master
Melee hasn't really died...when Brawl first came out, it took a hit, but competitive players looking for the rush of Melee found out that it couldn't be found in Brawl and switched back...I'm working on making my site tend more to the Melee crowd (it's fairly neutral now)...that and Guilty Gear, but that's beside the point...

But yeah, Melee isn't dead...look around ^_^...the 1000 controller salute, and a forum full of people who still think Melee>Brawl...

-Big_-Blue 9

Smash Journeyman
I don't think melee ever died.
sure its in a hospital but its still there recuperating slowly after the blow brawl gave it.
(personification FTL.)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Melee's been out for almost 7 years now, and with a strong community behind it, it won't fade away for a while.
Alternatively, the community's been playing the SAME GAME for SEVEN YEARS. Many are simply sick of it now and want to play something different.

otg

Smash Master
Agreed with Mic, let people play the game they want. Melee is a great game, and I'm sure many people who are "sick" of it now will always have a soft spot in there heart for it. People will still play the game but it will NEVER appear as it was before Brawl. W'e though, less scrubs, better competition.

The pots might be lower, but if people are really playing Smash for ONLY money than obviously they are playing for the wrong reasons.

Parker1006

Smash Journeyman
There are still plenty of people who love Melee. There are more Brawl tournaments now, but give it about a year, and Brawl will probably end up like that really bad Street Fighter game (remember the one they put in Arcades that was 3D and had the Skull guy or some **** like that?) and people will accept that it's predecessor is better.

game set

Smash Apprentice
Thinking its dead is what may kill it, many prophecies have a tendancy to assure themselves. The more people keep talking about melee being hurt or it dieing, the more it actually will die. If people dont think its dieing, it isn't, just keep playing.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I myself am going a huge melee gathering and tournament in just a few hours.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well, just about everyone before me's beaten to me to the punch.

Melee hasn't died, and was never dead to begin with. The Brawl hype was going for a while... but now people are no longer blinded by said hype, and slowly but surely old fans are returning. Let Brawl be for the newbie players... Melee's where it's really at. ;)

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
There are still plenty of people who love Melee. There are more Brawl tournaments now, but give it about a year, and Brawl will probably end up like that really bad Street Fighter game (remember the one they put in Arcades that was 3D and had the Skull guy or some **** like that?) and people will accept that it's predecessor is better.
Skullomania was amazing.

>_>

*gets stabbed*

Top Bottom