• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When you break a characters shield...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukenessmonster

Smash Apprentice
Would it be smarter to space yourself and charge a fsmash tipper or a dsmash tipper, or just do the shield breaker fully charged? because i hit a snake at 60% with a fully charged shield breaker and he didnt go anywhere. i know metaknight dies around 60% with the shield breaker but idk about heavy characters. percents for certain characters would be nice but i would just like to know for when the time comes

-Lukenessmonster

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Fully charged Shieldbreaker. You probably won't have time to space and charge the fsmash and with Brawl who knows if you'll get it or not lol. and dsmash is...dsmash lol I'm pretty sure SB is stronger.

And what do you mean "He didn't go anywhere" I'm sure he went skyrocketting into whatever blastzone you shot him in, idfc if he IS Snake lol

C.J.

Smash Master
Fully charged SB kills at around 60 vs heavyweights iirc, 50ish for precise tip. (not positive about exact percents)

So, if they're in kill percents do fully charged SB. If they're NOT in kill percents, then fully charged usmash is your most damaging move so that would be your best bet.

Next time please use the Q&A thread to keep the boards more clutter-free. Thanks!

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Whenever I do break apart a shield, which isn't very often, I usually go for the Charged Tipped Fsmash. But looking back, I think I'd rather do an SB...

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
How'd you not kill snake at 60 with a fully charged SB did you like hit him to the long side of the stage?

I use all 4 taunts and then my opponent implodes.

∫unk

Smash Master
Fully charged SB kills at around 60 vs heavyweights iirc, 50ish for precise tip. (not positive about exact percents)

So, if they're in kill percents do fully charged SB. If they're NOT in kill percents, then fully charged usmash is your most damaging move so that would be your best bet.

Next time please use the Q&A thread to keep the boards more clutter-free. Thanks!
Fully charge SB is still better because if you read a landing point that's an u-smash so you actually use the move pretty often (it should be your most used smash).

That and even at 20% full charge tipped SB sends at a really good angle even with good DI.

You can push the opponent a little bit before you do your fully charge SB if you think they'll survive.

Taunting is never a good idea.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
When the shield breaks, i do an up taunt, step back a few, and start crouching over and over, then i tip fsmash when they start to regain conciseness, my friend hates it so much lol.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
i rather not taunt , some people can escape that motion very quickly
IIRC the speed that you break out at depends on your damage (higher=faster) and there isnt anything you can actually do to get out of it

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
I recall something like that as well, but the minimum time stunned was something like 3 seconds for anyone under 200%. More than enough time to charge a shieldbreaker.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Wait you mean Luke is gonna get an infraction for spamming? Or did i read it wrong again :/

Yeah don't taunt...

If you want to do a fsmash you definitely can (a tipped fsmash deals slightly more knock back than a tipped shield breaker, but im not sure which one does more damage). You can first walk away and fsmash to see how much closer you need to get (don't actually hit him with the first one lol).

C.J.

Smash Master
(a tipped fsmash deals slightly more knock back than a tipped shield breaker, but im not sure which one does more damage).

Maybe a normal tipper, MAYBE (I doubt it though) but SB has a "precise tip" that definitely has far more knockback than fsmash tipper

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Well I'm not sure, but I do remember sometime in one of the threads in these Marth Boards, people were discussing the differences of SB and Fsmash at different areas of the attack, and all I remember is that Fsmash tipper does more knockback than SB. This is only what they said though. But yeah I just SB XD.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
When i break a shield....I taunt....

but in all seriousness you should charge SB

_Icy_

Smash Rookie
Were you playing on Temple or something because I don't see how you can't kill snake at 60% with a fully charged SB O_o

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm 99% sure that up-smash does the most damage out of Marth's moves and tippered forward smash does more damage than SB, however precise tip shield breaker does more knock-back (or maybe just has a better angle) and regular tip is probably a little easier to space too. ^.^

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Ive had fully charged u-smash do 34 to a D3 when i broke his sheild low %, although i havent been able to replicate it, lol, if you hit them with all (3?) hitboxes it shd do above 30% fresh.

Perfect tippered shieldbreaker is hard to space but the knockback is a big difference from normal tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom