• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where are your hype levels at?

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
sakurai used "game hype" against marvel b
"critical hit!"
"its super effective!"
marvel b fainted! payed over $700* to sakurai.....

*wiiu/3ds versions,gc controller+adapter,all amiibo figures

SuperQuinntendo

Wielder of the Monado
NNID
SuperQuinntendo
3DS FC
5026-4545-9356
Atmospheric levels! I'm continuing to check all over the web just so I don't miss it when the floodgates finally open. I'm shocked it hasn't leaked yet, the Japanese are very honorable people apparently huh?

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
Atmospheric levels! I'm continuing to check all over the web just so I don't miss it when the floodgates finally open. I'm shocked it hasn't leaked yet, the Japanese are very honorable people apparently huh?
I'm checking everywhere too. I'm gonna spoil myself rotten when the leaks break out! And hell, I'm part Japanese and I'd leak, or at the very least, stream as soon as I got it but that's just me

SuperQuinntendo

Wielder of the Monado
NNID
SuperQuinntendo
3DS FC
5026-4545-9356
I'm checking everywhere too. I'm gonna spoil myself rotten when the leaks break out! And hell, I'm part Japanese and I'd leak, or at the very least, stream as soon as I got it but that's just me
I meant more in the manner of nobody over there shoplifting a copy and leaking it by now or something.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411

I meant more in the manner of nobody over there shoplifting a copy and leaking it by now or something.
Oh, yeah, forgot about the shoplifting and breaking street date and whatnot blah :facepalm:

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
The time has almost arrived, and so have I-- no, actually, I'll better hold off on this saying until it's finally happening over here.

For now though, oh geeze, am I hype, not even just for the full release, alone the prospect of a demo... anytime before the 3rd makes me super giddy. I loved playing the E3 demo at GC in Cologne last month, loved pretty much everything about Mario, and the Villager was a fun new experience.

Can't wait to try them, everyone else, every single stage... the trophies are a little highlight each by themself, everytime you earn one. And the music! And it's to go, too!

My hype rating is a Hypetrain/10 Just make the wait end already!.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
The time has almost arrived, and so have I-- no, actually, I'll better hold off on this saying until it's finally happening over here.

For now though, oh geeze, am I hype, not even just for the full release, alone the prospect of a demo... anytime before the 3rd makes me super giddy. I loved playing the E3 demo at GC in Cologne last month, loved pretty much everything about Mario, and the Villager was a fun new experience.

Can't wait to try them, everyone else, every single stage... the trophies are a little highlight each by themself, everytime you earn one. And the music! And it's to go, too!

My hype rating is a Hypetrain/10 Just make the wait end already!.
I agree with everything you said :)

I went to Smash-fest at Best Buy, and that was an awesome experience! I remember waiting in line to play the Wii U version and there were reps with 3DS versions on them, so I played Smash Run to kill time and I loved it! Running around as Little Mac, struggling in the air to get power ups, but it was all worth it when I smashed the cpus into oblivion :grin:

SuperQuinntendo

Wielder of the Monado
NNID
SuperQuinntendo
3DS FC
5026-4545-9356
I agree with everything you said :)

I went to Smash-fest at Best Buy, and that was an awesome experience! I remember waiting in line to play the Wii U version and there were reps with 3DS versions on them, so I played Smash Run to kill time and I loved it! Running around as Little Mac, struggling in the air to get power ups, but it was all worth it when I smashed the cpus into oblivion :grin:
I have a weird thing about not playing a non-final product (beta, demo, etc) because it skews my opinions on how it turns out. I'm jealous you guys got to go out and play already. The demo that's supposively going to launch for 3DS here I'll get though, it's close enough to the final build. It's almost here!!!

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I have a weird thing about not playing a non-final product (beta, demo, etc) because it skews my opinions on how it turns out. I'm jealous you guys got to go out and play already. The demo that's supposively going to launch for 3DS here I'll get though, it's close enough to the final build. It's almost here!!!
Smash is Smash, no skewed views or anything for me if I play before release. I'm definitely gonna get that demo though, I need some new Smash now! It's been far too long since Brawl, and now our new Smash is rising upon us... It's so beautiful~

SuperQuinntendo

Wielder of the Monado
NNID
SuperQuinntendo
3DS FC
5026-4545-9356
Too long since Brawl, tell that to the guy who doesn't have a Wii that works.. picking up the Wii U hopefully this weekend though!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I am hyped and worried. Because Bandana Dee seems like a possibility, but he could easily not be in.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bandanna Dee already confirmed to not be playable?
That leak was false. It was confirmed to be a GMOD model, and it was from the same leak that said that Wolf and Impa were playable with really bad renders.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
Too long since Brawl, tell that to the guy who doesn't have a Wii that works.. picking up the Wii U hopefully this weekend though!
I always keep my systems and my games :p I don't sell them and I make sure not to break 'em! I am considering picking up a Wii U for Smash (Cause HD and GC controller), and Splatoon, and a whole bunch of upcoming games!

And @ Shadowknight1 Shadowknight1 , I knew that 9000 joke would come sooner or later :rolleyes:

Last edited:

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I am just anxious for the game to come out. I don't think that counts as hype...

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Hype levels are high but not half as high as my jealousy levels.....oh the wait continues. :(

Last edited:

Rayze Darr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rayze_Darr
3DS FC
5327-0902-3469
My hype was at about 80% before last night/super early this morning. Then the leaking streamers got on. As soon as I saw Duck Hunt Dog in action, my hype started rising. As soon as I saw the skin that recolors them to look similar to Banjo and Kazooie... my hype is now at approximately 130%.

Jallis370

Smash Cadet
My hype level is higher than I'm comfortable with. I want it to be good, but I expect that what we've seen so far is all we get. The roster could be better and I'm hoping for more dlc characters, but I don't think it'll ever come. The game mechanics are even more important to me and I want to be able to utilize it way more than Sakurai would allow. My hype is more about what the game can be than what the game is...

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
My hype was at manageable levels while increasing steadily until the official release in which I could check it all out then wait impatiently for the US release. The leak however TURNED ALL OF THAT ON IT'S HEAD! Now my hype is somewhere at about the other side of Laniakea! (For those of you who don't know the current space news, That's the official name for our local group of about 100,000 Galaxies)

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
My hype was palpitation-inducingly high when the streams first came up and while they were streaming. :grin: It took a small hit after I woke up to see that the leaked roster was indeed final, but it's right back up now that I'm starting to come to terms with the beautifully made and exceptionally fun game we're going to be getting. :grin:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Zero. I don't hype games. I don't let emotions cloud my judgement. I expect the worst out of everything.

Deep inside:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Only slightly deflated due to a lack of online play for Smash Run.

Still pretty excited. Ready for my little brother to finally become the master and kick my ass.

BestTeaMaker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BestTeaMaker
3DS FC
0345-0407-6977
It's like counting down the days to Christmas morning.

Best thing for me? NA release comes the midnight right after my final exam.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Not that high, I'm waiting for official reveal trailers. A little sakurai magic should boost the hype levels high.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Smash Run not having online is a huge blow for the hype for me honestly.

Overall though, I'm still hyped. I can't wait to play this game. 20 days left!

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Yeah my hype is at an all time high. I'm so excited and happy and content with everything in the game, I just want it in my hands already. Everything just looks so fantastic.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Still Extremely Hyped, Despite the lack of Mewtwo, Ridley, Ice Climbers, Wolf, and online Smash Run. I'm still super excited for this game!

Barely any release version Smash Run footage has been shown, so I'm itching to do some serious exploring when I get my hands on it.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Hype levels rising at high speeds!
I can't decide whether that's cute or terrifying, but one thing is for sure- if I stare at it for too long I'm going to have a seizure.

Maximum hype. Maximum Hype. 14 hours until downloading... I am psyched.

To be honest, I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight- I didn't last night. I think I'm going to drug myself so that I get knocked out... Okay, I'm being safe about it! It's an allergy medicine and my allergies are pretty bad (NJ sucks)! I just hate "artificial" sleep so I don't take it enough, but I guess today's a perfect day to start.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
In percents, it used to be 40 to 60. 80 when I saw the demo. Now it's about....25 after hearing of no online on Smash Run right after seeing the slightly lacking character roster. Probably will go back to 50 at some point when this disapointment blows over, as the game still has a few selling points left.

Dash000

Smash Rookie
When I thought the CPP would be supported and Smash Run would have online...101%

Now... 50% tops

Top Bottom