• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where do you feel Diddy belongs on the tier list?

duckypwns

Smash Cadet
I feel that he is #2. I do not see how he is considered inferior to Snake, Wario, or Falco.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Third! Snake is too good, I think snake is the best character in the game when he's used to his fullest, but mk is the most versatile.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
5th place seems right. Funnily enough, although he does very well against the top tiers, he gets countered by a couple of mid tiers (Peach and Luigi are the main examples, there may be one or two others).

Deez.

Smash Lord
I'd have to agree with Wyatt on this one, only because those two are my hardest matchups. Snake can kill easily and isnt that gimpable if the snake player is smart and as well can always protect himself at all times from coming down in the air to being on stage. and his moves are constantly getting replenished on the count of him always dthrw tech chasing.

now Mk hes so versatile in so many aspects. and its true skill level does play a part in this but get diddy off stage and hes fuxxed. if the Mk is at least decent and knows how to gimp diddy very well that's diddys stock. So id say around 3rd or 4th would be a comfortable spot for diddy on the tier list atm. I just dont think anyone has unlocked the potential for those other top tier chracters... such as Wario, Gaw, and Falco.

us diddys got lucky we had so many technical people use diddy such as NL,ADHD, Gnes and plenty more and showed how its suppose to be done.

yea there's good warios,gaws, and also falcos but none of them are winning HUGE tournaments at the moment with those chracters... so until thats my opinion.

also do disrespect to those wario,gaw, and falco mains... :psycho:

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
He's low tier, it's just the people that use him are too good nah meyne. Nobody seconds diddy, they main him, but everyone 2nds mk and he's the best in the game. And the people that do 2nd him are terrible at this game and should quit. (DMG, Dr. Mario guy etc. )

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I say 5th. I think the people above him now should stay above Diddy Kong. Even our boards agree that both Wario and Falco have advantages over Diddy Kong. Then, those two characters only have a couple bad match-ups. Just like us.

win_ftw

Smash Cadet
im saying third.

literally yesterday i woulda said fourth behind mk snake and wario, but i played the wario matchup for three straight hours, and its a lot easier now.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
Third! Snake is too good, I think snake is the best character in the game when he's used to his fullest, but mk is the most versatile.
I agree with this, except i feel diddy belongs either 4th or 3rd

Dekar173

Justice Man
Snake is definitely not the best character in the game, MK is without a doubt. M2K wins matches against Anther (who is indisputably regarded as the best Pika main atm) without even knowing the match-up, I mean, he wasn't even able to DI out of the dsmash XD

It's not just this, but the fact that all he seems to practice are MK dittos and yet... he wins everything ;P He may be a **** good player due to his massive Melee experience, but he still goes blindly into random match-ups and wins, hard.

As for Diddy's spot:

Diddy > Falco definitely, but Wario?

Wario has AMAZING counterpicks, we forget ;) We're not talking about "can diddy beat so and so character?" but rather who's got the best match-ups! =O

Then again, Diddy is so technical that he can possibly turn certain match-ups around (Snake, MK, Luigi, namely) that may give him better chances at the one spot :D

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'm comfortable with the actual place Diddy's got. I never got why was Falco so bashed, it's a great character and he does good against the top tier...

tocador

Smash Lord
So what that wario has the adv =/? I think diddy has like, just enough tools to get over all his bad mu's. Sure, it is still a up-hill battle, buth with sheer manliness/tech-skill you can prolly over come then :o.

But yeah, 4 or 3 is ok for diddy.

Player-3

Smash Hero
diddy is bottom tier, obviously

yoshi is top tier because, we all know, yoshi is a sonic clone

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I think diddy should be above falco as of right now. Honestly, falco isn't that bad of a matchup for diddy. Even with all the new technical findings with diddy, I think he is still very underdeveloped at this stage in brawl. I think diddy has the potential to be #2 or #3, but the players playing diddy need to step up his game.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
I'm comfortable with the actual place Diddy's got. I never got why was Falco so bashed, it's a great character and he does good against the top tier...
I agree with this. Also, I see a lot of people posting how "if Diddy's step up their game" or "their potential"...does that really apply to Diddy more than it would to other characters? Don't other characters have as much to learn if not more, than Diddy?

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
No, Diddy's metagame will never (temporarily) plateau like the other characters. It will always move up.

For example, while Falco will be doing the samething over and over again because they don't have anything new, diddy mains will still be getting better and advancing.

that's my view at least.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I guess I'm the only one that believes Diddy has no "real" BAD match-ups. MK is the ONLY character that I'm willing to say that Diddy actually loses too. (as of right now at least)

FYI: Just because character A beats character B doesn't mean that character should be higher on the tier list. That's not how tier lists work.
(Had to mention it while looking over some peoples posts :p)

-L-

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Meta Knight, Marth and Luigi are the only characters I see that could have a potential edge against a skilled Diddy. Anyone else is going to have trouble, regardless of their skill level.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
i'd say diddy should be 4th,
i agree with dekar, diddy is better than falco,
but metaknight and snake and wario deserve to be higher than diddy,

and yes diddy does require alot of technical skill, u cant jest glide toss, dat wont get u noware
and yes adhd is rite, snake is by far the best character, i hate snake so much,

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I used to feel that Wario and Falco>diddy, but to be honest I can't really justify falco at all anymore. He has a couple counter matchups, whereas diddy has... peach? I don't even know, but there aren't really any characters that pop into my mind that beat him as badly as ICs vs Falco.

As for Wario, I kinda feel like he goes pretty **** even with Diddy. They both have extremely good matchups.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Wario>Diddy>>>Falco

Diddy is straight up better than Falco, like wtf why is this questioned.

Wario? Wario has like, 2 bad match-ups and can just play really gay. I'd give a less lazy response if I was less lazy. IMO Wario's slightly better than Diddy, but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom