• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where Do You Guys Think Olimar Should Be?

Cheezey

Smash Rookie
I stole this thread from the Diddy boards, so credit goes over to there.

Basically, if you've seen the Diddy topic, it's the same concept. Olimar is pretty low right now...bottom half of the middle tier (correct me if I'm wrong on the bottom half, but I think that's right), yet we all know he's a great character with a lot of potential. The combination of his ability to rack up damage and his excellent smashes should make him high tier in my opinion, but I'm still just but a Christmas nub.

So, what do you pros think? Should he stay where he is? She he move up, or even down? I'd really like some input on this, because Olimar seems like a character I like enough to main right now.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
he's the top of the middle tier. right behind toon link.

he's fine there. Makes it more satisfying when we win with him

._.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't look at the tiers to pick your main.

And to your question, yes he's a good character.

geekd

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I refused to look at a tier list until I picked my main. I main Olimar and ROB
rob is my second too, mainly cuz it feels so dam good to fly wherever the f*ck i want...

If his recovery didn't suck balls, I would be serious in agreeing with you :laugh:
Mid tier does sound pretty good though. Minus the recovery, he's got lots of good stuff going for him.
Using whistle armor i can usually live to 200+ percent. My opponents are lucky to get to 120. While i agree his recovery isn't optimal, good di, whistle armor, and a few tricks of the trade make him very very hard to kill.

Alas, i still agree with the current tier list, plus or minus a few spots. But tiers are for queers anyway right?

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Well the tier list i'd say is pretty accurate considering the amount of factors that you have to take into consideration when actually compiling it.

But yeh, I think Olimar has really good potential, as others would agree, and I think if we're just patient we'll see on the next list (considering he is used a little more at tournaments) that he has moved up a little :)

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I think he's better than diddy :p , not DDD tho.

Yeh i'd say high tier at best too but there needs to be an AT that in any way at all helps his recovery.

Either that or we need a wave of Olimar masters to enter all the tournaments and Stay on the stage! xD

Top Bottom