• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where have all the rulesets gone?

holyv

Smash Journeyman
I mean when we entered smashboards some months ago there was ''Unity Ruleset vWhaterever''

And now i see metaknights at SKTAR and Clash Of Titans, what the hell is going on guys? you gone insane?

Twinkles

Smash Lord
unity ruleset committee disbanded, even if they didn't how were they going to enforce it anyhow. tournaments have never been outright FORCED to follow unity.

mk ban has always been a subject of debate. lots of metaknight-legal tournmanets were still around even when unity banned him

I mean when we entered smashboards some months ago there was ''Unity Ruleset vWhaterever''

And now i see metaknights at SKTAR and Clash Of Titans, what the hell is going on guys? you gone insane?
You should know that smashboards is not some final authority on anything. TOs have the power on the rulesets used which are influenced on the thoughts from players, TO opinions, and smashboards. Unity ruleset was a good attempt, but unless Smash ever gets more popular to end up on the MLG circuit again or to starcraft level, unity ruleset will still be an idea. Still, it left a lasting impression to change things up on the MK ban position which I think had been 50/50 until the unity ruleset.

With the Unity Ruleset still left as an open thread (?) it would be nice to see the recommended ruleset from the BBR back again in its place.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Unfortunately Smash will never reach Starcraft level because it's just a "children's game"

Top Bottom