• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where to get new GC controller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
I need a new one but none of my local stores have them! Where can I order it online for a reasonable price from a trustworthy sellers? I'm not so keen on ebay.

Sorry if this has been posted before.

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! It's compatible with American wii's?

Edit: Answered as I was asking xD

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Oh yeah, sorry didn't look close enough. Just noticed it doesn't have the "NINTENDO GAMECUBE" on the front of the controller. Yeah I agree that third party controllers suck.

Still, now that I look, there are several official Nintendo controllers on Amazon for a good price.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Are they new, though? Because when I browsed Amazon and ebay, I hardly got official controllers, and if, then they were used.

As said: PlayAsia is your best bet. They're not expensive, and official brandnew controllers.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've ordered from both before, and I would definitely go with Play-Asia. Good price, fast shipping. Also, the one I ordered has a super long cord, so you can play from the other side of the room. And the controller is white, so it'll match your Wii.

Plus, I've ordered used ones off of Amazon before, and one of them is in great shape, but the other has gummy, unresponsive buttons and a faulty C stick. Plus, it was covered in some sort of unidentifiable grime.

Play-Asia. Do it.

Meccs

@Meccs_
I got the white controller from an import store, and it's really awesome. (I was considering buying it from PA but didn't have enough $ at the time. It's awesome, the only thing I don't like about it is the white cord, since it doesn't match all the other GC controllers, which have black wires...

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
i got me ah wireless gc since like 05' =]
but that's besides the point
No gamestop by where you live ?
You said you don't rly like ebay
so go on amazon but ide prefer neither
because i never tried it D:
i eard amazon is good though so try it out.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I've ordered from both before, and I would definitely go with Play-Asia. Good price, fast shipping. Also, the one I ordered has a super long cord, so you can play from the other side of the room. And the controller is white, so it'll match your Wii.

Plus, I've ordered used ones off of Amazon before, and one of them is in great shape, but the other has gummy, unresponsive buttons and a faulty C stick. Plus, it was covered in some sort of unidentifiable grime.

Play-Asia. Do it.
Geeze, the cord is 10 feet long. I did not see that before, lol

Looks like Play Asia may be the best.

It sounds like it might be kinda cumbersome when you carry it around to tournaments and such, if you have to constantly wrap the cord around it and unwrap it. But it should be nice when you leave it in one spot.

Meccs

@Meccs_
What I don't get is why Nintendo doesn't still sell GC controllers in stores in the US, but (iirc) they do in Japan (the white one)... do they think it will hurt classic controller sales or something?

and kinda OT here but I can't stand wrapping the cables around my controllers... I usually fold the wire in half multiple times then put a rubber band around it ( the folded up wire). It's not much better, but for some reason I just can't stand wrapping the wire around the controller... :-\

Gaudeo

Smash Cadet
Order in a white one from Japan. They have the advantage of being completely new, unlike those from Amazon, and being usable without your Wii placed halfway into your living room. Also it does not really take much longer to deal with the cord, after a few wind ups you cannot even notice it.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Lesson: don't order from Ebay. Seriously, so many copycats and screwed up controllers...

Uffe

Smash Hero
You don't need Play Asia or need to order online. I have a few controllers that have little issues and I guess it was because I used them rough. However, I went up to Play 'N' Trade and apparently they sell controllers that look like GCN ones but without the logo on it. They had indigo, black and white controllers the last time I went by there. If you know where a Play 'N' Trade store is at, go there and see if they have any GCN controllers there.

I don't think GCN controllers are sold anymore because of patent issues with Nintendo and Anascape. But yeah, go to Play 'N' Trade and see if you can find GCN controllers without the GameCube logo on it. They work like a charm. But the L and R button give you a bit of an issues, so you kind of need to wear those down a bit before actually making them function fully.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I don't think GCN controllers are sold anymore because of patent issues with Nintendo and Anascape.
Valour linked earlier that you can still order silver GC controls from NOA online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom