• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Where would you live in Hyrule?

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
In this thread, post the place you would most enjoy living in from any era of Hyrule. For me I would probably choose Kokiri forest just because of the nostalgic feeling and the fact I love forests :p, or Whittleton From spirit tracks.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
If I could live there without being arrested, Gerudo Valley/Fortress. Otherwise, definitely Zora's Domain.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
If I could live there without being arrested, Gerudo Valley/Fortress. Otherwise, definitely Zora's Domain.
^^^ This.

@Gatlin, you chose the exact idea I was thinking of, hoping to get used to the fish smell if in Zora's Domain.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't find inside the moon depressing, and solitary vs busy is a matter of preference

that's termina though

lost woods

koholint island or clock town if we're using other lands, I find termina and koholint much more interesting than hyrule on average, really wish nintendo would set more games in other lands, it seems like they're more creative with it and tend to make better games as a result

Spire

III
BRoomer
koholint island or clock town if we're using other lands, I find termina and koholint much more interesting than hyrule on average, really wish nintendo would set more games in other lands, it seems like they're more creative with it and tend to make better games as a result
...um, Skyward Sword? Not only will we get to explore Skyloft, the Sky, a totally new take on Hyrule, and the Silent Realm, but according to Aonuma, we will also be "revisiting familiar places that aren't Hyrule".

etecoon

Smash Hero
the game isn't out yet, why would I have an opinion on that? I almost did answer "skyloft" though just because I love floating cities, I have an awesome zeal pic I'm using as the desktop for one of my computers right now

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'd understand it in Clock Town, but, Inside the Moon?
why such a depressing and solitary place?
even it's peaceful, but idk...
It's not that depressing. Without the mask kids, it's an extremely pretty and serene setting. Seeing that area for the first time is still one of the highlights of my gaming life.

I like isolated, solitary places a lot though.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
@etecoon you're right
I probably missused the term "depressing" since it doesn't even go that much in pair with "peaceful" which I also said/wrote.

But anyways...
Is that image you posted from Sky sword?

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's like the hyperbolic time chamber except there's a beautiful grassland instead of...nothing

there's no food there though, you wouldn't last long <_<

@3mmanu, depressing can go with peaceful, it could be considered a melancholy setting though I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that. the pic is fan art of the kingdom of zeal from chrono trigger, a SNES RPG

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I like isolated, solitary places a lot though.
Oh Ok, that answers it.

In a side note, Why is the post number of your post saying #0 instead of #11?

@etecoon, Ok, that's a preatty cool image.

Why is my quick edit gone? :(
How do you desapear the text "Last edited by nickname; Today at Time." when quick editing?

etecoon

Smash Hero
fishing hole from TP could be another interesting one, it changes seasons every time you leave!

Spire

III
BRoomer
the game isn't out yet, why would I have an opinion on that?
Because you said, "really wish nintendo would set more games in other lands".
Why is my quick edit gone? :(
How do you desapear the text "Last edited by nickname; Today at Time." when quick editing?
Quick edits were removed because people couldn't behave themselves in Light House mafia.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Quick edits were removed because people couldn't behave themselves in Light House mafia.
Oh, Ok, thanks for the info.
but they could've change it in that section only, that'd be just an "if else clause" programaticaly speaking.

EDIT: @Luigitoilet, nvm, now I'm seeing it normally, it was probably because of the crappy internet connection I have here at work.
It also happened for the 13th post, but now I'm seeing it right.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Because you said, "really wish nintendo would set more games in other lands".
yep, I do like what I've seen in SS so far too, I think setting it in hyrule's ancient history gives them a lot more flexibility where TP they had to adhere to a lot of series standards

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Iv said it before and il say it again even though this isn't quite the correct thread for discussions like this. But I really do hope they make skyward sword full of explanations for so many theories of ours from the past. I really want this game to break the barriers and mysteries on hyrule's past. I feel its their last chance to give a lot of info like that. To make Skyward sword as a gimmick for the wii will be devastating, and I doubt they would, but all im saying is I would (as i believes many others would too) appreciate a little more explanation from the game than catering to the new fans and wii aspects.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Iv said it before and il say it again even though this isn't quite the correct thread for discussions like this. But I really do hope they make skyward sword full of explanations for so many theories of ours from the past. I really want this game to break the barriers and mysteries on hyrule's past. I feel its their last chance to give a lot of info like that. To make Skyward sword as a gimmick for the wii will be devastating, and I doubt they would, but all im saying is I would (as i believes many others would too) appreciate a little more explanation from the game than catering to the new fans and wii aspects.
Don't get your hopes up. Seriously. It will probably just be like every other Zelda game and create 100 new questions for every 1 it answers.

and, to imply that if they don't connect the stories or elaborate on the narrative, that the entire game will be a GIMMICK is pretty insulting and closeminded.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Don't get your hopes up. Seriously. It will probably just be like every other Zelda game and create 100 new questions for every 1 it answers.

and, to imply that if they don't connect the stories or elaborate on the narrative, that the entire game will be a GIMMICK is pretty insulting and closeminded.
Well no, your taking what im saying to an extreme. Obviously it wont be a total gimmick nor will some of the gimmicky aspects ruin the game. Im just saying in my perfect world scenario, It would answer alot of the question and have very little interest in catering to the wii mote. I honestly dont see the problem with the good old gamecube controller. But this is me just griping and getting my hopes up as you said. So we should probably get back on track or move this to skyward sword.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm not hoping for any connections at all. maybe they could show some of the oracles nations or pieces of hyrule that we don't often see, but if something like ikana canyon or mt tamaranch shows up that wouldn't make much sense...as far as "familiar places that aren't hyrule", there isn't that much you can use from the series without stepping on those games in some way

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
(Termina)

I'd like to live on Great Bay Coast. It just seems so nice and peaceful there, unlike Clock Town (then again, maybe it's so busy in Majora's Mask because of the festival). The only thing that I'd have to worry about are the Gerudo Pirates, but I don't think that I'd own anything too valuable. I rather enjoy eating fish as well, and if I wanted to see a concert or just talk to some Zora, I could probably take a boat to Zora Cape. It would be a pretty nice place to live.

I wouldn't pick the inside of the moon for one reason: you cannot leave without the Song of Time and a magic ocarina, there is no water, and there is no food (unless you manage to kill one of the birds, but that would ruin the serenity). It's a beautiful place, but I don't think that anyone could really live there for more than a few days. Maybe I'm thinking about this too much, though.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
East Clock Town all day.
(Termina)

I'd like to live on Great Bay Coast. It just seems so nice and peaceful there, unlike Clock Town (then again, maybe it's so busy in Majora's Mask because of the festival). The only thing that I'd have to worry about are the Gerudo Pirates, but I don't think that I'd own anything too valuable. I rather enjoy eating fish as well, and if I wanted to see a concert or just talk to some Zora, I could probably take a boat to Zora Cape. It would be a pretty nice place to live.

I wouldn't pick the inside of the moon for one reason: you cannot leave without the Song of Time and a magic ocarina, there is no water, and there is no food (unless you manage to kill one of the birds, but that would ruin the serenity). It's a beautiful place, but I don't think that anyone could really live there for more than a few days. Maybe I'm thinking about this too much, though.
the thread is live in hyrule..I might be mistaken,but isnt termina outside of hyrule?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Dude, it doesn't matter. We don't need a separate thread for "Where would you live in Termina?"

Assume "Hyrule" constitutes the whole Zelda universe.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's fine Orboknown. Haha, it's totally fine.

The inclusion of the Lumpy Pumpkin totally took me by surprise. One of my favorite parts of TP (and I mean way up there, maybe my absolute favorite) was Yeto's pumpkin soup and by the same leaf, pumpkin farming in Ordon. Out of all the ideas Ninty could have borrowed/appropriated from the rest of the series for Skyward Sword, they happened to carry over the pumpkin aspect. I am... really grateful for that.

I actually plan on making a really good pumpkin soup over break.

etecoon

Smash Hero
the lumpy pumpkin works on so many levels it's ridiculous. it's a pumpkin themed bar in the sky. I already posted before the game came out the skyloft was likely to be on my list because I love the idea of living on a floating island but a pumpkin bar just makes it even more fantastical

also I love the music that plays when you're on random sky islands, really wish there was more to the cloud world in SS

Spire

III
BRoomer
Never understood the point of having octoroks on desolate rocks that otherwise serve no purpose. Maybe if there were more islands to explore, they'd actually be threats to concern ourselves with.

I remember making a digital painting two and a half years ago of the "Termina Skylands", a concept I developed about a game based in post-apocalyptic Termina (after the moon hits) where the remnants of the planet are... oh hey look, I found it!

Yeah, that's really old hehe. But regardless, the illustration details the idea of a quasi-planet; a bunch of floating islands that revolve around a weakened yet sustained core, which acts as the 'sun'. It would involve all kinds of navigation to fly from island to island. Well that's that.

DUB

Smash Lord
What was the name of the area where you had to sled down the icy slope to get to that yeti's house in TP? That I could get use to.

Top Bottom