• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where's my MOTHER?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Where's my...StarFox Adventures? Absolutely no representation at all. Not even music. Krystal only appears as part of a taunt, wearing Assault attire. Even her sticker looks the same. It's like they skipped a big chapter in StarFox history :(.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Where's my...StarFox Adventures? Absolutely no representation at all. Not even music. Krystal only appears as part of a taunt, wearing Assault attire. Even her sticker looks the same. It's like they skipped a big chapter in StarFox history :(.
Krystal and Tricky have trophies and the game itself is mentioned.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Get over it, we don't need more Mother representation, the other characters aren't as important as Ness and Lucas anyway.

spindash

Smash Ace
Because MOTHER is more important than F-Zero or Metroid?

Stop being greedy. We've got two MOTHER representatives playable, while Captain Falcon and Samus still get the short end of the stick. Not that I'm complaining, this game's going to kick some serious ***.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Should we just turn this thread into a thread about series being under rep'd?

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Mother was represented perfectly, better than other series that might have deserved it more.

But, I am a little taken back by the lack of Mother 3 trophies.
They should spent time on the trophies and actual playable characters (MIDNA) rather than stickers.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
What's Zero Suit Samus, then? You can choose her right from the start even, and is pretty much the only OTHER playable Metroid character besides the Hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What's Zero Suit Samus, then? You can choose her right from the start even, and is pretty much the only OTHER playable Metroid character besides the Hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters.
She's like half a rep.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
If by Claus you mean Masked Man version, then yeah he's important... to Mother 3.

Realistically, Porky would be more representative of the series (being in two of them) than Claus. That would seem unfair to fans of Mother 2. None of the other characters, save Porky and Giygas.

Giygas would never make sense. Porky would be stupid in anything other than his spider-mech thing.

Other than Claus, Kumatora had her moves stolen from her. Most of the characters simply aren't as important.

Similarly, METROID only has Samus, Kraid, Ridley, Dark Samus and Weavel (for being a Space Pirate, which is core to the series). I doubt Weavel will ever get in. I'm the only person who likes Kraid, Dark Samus is possible. Ridley was made a boss because it just makes more sense.

Also, other than Mario, most series only got one or no Assists.

And if you want, you can count Ultimate Chimera as an Assist of sorts?

This game got a LOT of MOTHER representation, all things considered.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Half a rep that hardly even IS rep. She appeared in what, one or two games? And sying Zamus is a rep is like saying Charizard, Ivsyaur, and Squirtle all act as reps and that Sheik acts as a Zelda rep.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, and not the thread has become about under repping.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Exactly. This thread wasn't about characters at first. lol. He just meant representation in general. Like trophies, music, etc.
Well, it was just trophies in general. At least you bothered to read the whole post and I thank you for that.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
From what I've seen, Claus makes an appearance as an alt. color for Lucas, not as masked man though. Mario series has 3 or more ATs... I don't know about you, but with all the evidence there was against a certain Earthbound character, I'm thankful we even get this certain character. Let's just say... Up until now.

bobman14

Banned via Administration
Stop complaining. There are only 27 AT's. Jeff was lucky enough to be one of them. As for playable characters... for a relatively small series two PC's is enough.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Stop complaining. There are only 27 AT's. Jeff was lucky enough to be one of them. As for playable characters... for a relatively small series two PC's is enough.
How many of you are reading the whole OP? It's about the lack of trophies, not characters or anything else.

From what I've seen, Claus makes an appearance as an alt. color for Lucas, not as masked man though. Mario series has 3 or more ATs... I don't know about you, but with all the evidence there was against a certain Earthbound character, I'm thankful we even get this certain character. Let's just say... Up until now.
I think that whole "up until now" thing was a prank. Sakurai does like to play pranks.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
well, it IS not that famous and isn't a money maker for Nintendo after all...

so of course it won't have alot of representation.....oh wait.... are there TWO characters ....WHY??? One of them is really enough...
Well, it's not a money maker, but it's somewhat popular. Cult-following wise, at least. Too bad Nintendo treats this game like Chrono Trigger. (People want a continuation, but won't do it.)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, it's not a money maker, but it's somewhat popular. Cult-following wise, at least. Too bad Nintendo treats this game like Chrono Trigger. (People want a continuation, but won't do it.)
MOTHER's not like that. Itoi doesn't want to do anymore but he's willing to let someone else do it. Chrono Trigger is stuck in SE Limbo with Geno, Mallow, etc. The only thing I can see with Nintendo is that they refuse to bring the MOTHER series over here despite the high demand.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
MOTHER's not like that. Itoi doesn't want to do anymore but he's willing to let someone else do it. Chrono Trigger is stuck in SE Limbo with Geno, Mallow, etc. The only thing I can see with Nintendo is that they refuse to bring the MOTHER series over here despite the high demand.
Whoops. Didn't know.

Oh well. Seems like Americans have gotten to play MOTHER3 in other ways...

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Thanks to Smash Brothers, well Mother 3 is fairly new, it is only 2 years since it was made after all, It will be a nice ending for the series...I think.

Chrono Trigger??? but it had a squeal .... Chrono Cross i think...right???

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Whoops. Didn't know.

To be honest, I haven't read the interview that's from but some people at the Starmen.net forums say it's from a later interview.

Anyway, I'm thinking about importing it if Lucas doesn't pull off a Fire Emblem.

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
Whoops. Didn't know.

Barely. I used an emulator with a simple menu translation to play through Mother 3. And without being able to read the plot, I just couldn't enjoy it that much. Hopefully having Lucas will have a Fire Emblem effect that would release Mother 3 in America.

Regardless, I felt that Mother has exactly enough rep. And this is came from a HUGE fan boy. If you think of it logically, with only three games under its belt, you simply can't ask for more.

Its like Star Fox. They have 4 games and then they get 3 characters. Mother has 3 games, and they get two characters.

And stop complaining about the lack of mother trophies...cause its not like they are fun or anything. You just look at them.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Thanks to Smash Brothers, well Mother 3 is fairly new, it is only 2 years since it was made after all, It will be a nice ending for the series...I think.

Chrono Trigger??? but it had a squeal .... Chrono Cross i think...right???
Sorry. I meant the Chrono Series in general. I just always use C.T. to sum it up.

And they seem pretty stern in NOT releasing MOTHER3 (yeah, I heard before too... just kind of forgot.) But I really do hope they do. Not like a lot of people know about the series anyway, but it would just be nice to have it.

BTW, how many trophies altogether do they have?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
there is a SERIES???

what are they?? is it just these two games?? (sorry I don't know anything about it)
Chrono Trigger was first (RPG), followed by Radical Dreamers (Text Adventure), which is a prequel to Chrono Cross (RPG times 9000).

But, Square reserved the rights to a sequel to the series called "Chrono Break." Yet, it fell through, and they never released it. To this day, people are still e-mailing them to get it out, but for some reason, they won't. I mean, the Chrono Series is a cash cow!

Even though, if I'm not mistaken, Chrono Cross didn't sell too well.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sorry. I meant the Chrono Series in general. I just always use C.T. to sum it up.

And they seem pretty stern in NOT releasing MOTHER3 (yeah, I heard before too... just kind of forgot.) But I really do hope they do. Not like a lot of people know about the series anyway, but it would just be nice to have it.

BTW, how many trophies altogether do they have?
I think there are like 600+ trophies.

espio87

Smash Ace
Even though, if I'm not mistaken, Chrono Cross didn't sell too well.
you're right. Chrono Trigger was the one that sold really well. did you play chrono cross? would you tell me what happens in it?
and besides, to the OP, we still don't know how many stickers the Mother series got, it probably got a good quantity. don't complain, it could have been way worse.

Top Bottom