• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which buttons do you never use?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
X is never Used, and L is dusty too. I was always thinking about reconfiguring them to something useful, but I dont need them for anything else, either

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Always Y to jump, so I never touch X.
L to shield, and Never touch R, where my right index finger always hangs around z.

Like UltiMario, I am thinking on what to put there, but have found no real use of it yet.

lordbeast55

Smash Rookie
Which buttons do you never use in your control scheme?

For me, I use the gamecube pad and never use the R button ever, always the L button.

I also never use the Y button, always the X button to jump.

Buttons I rarely use are Z (i only use it to throw items, I used to grab with it, but I now do it with shield and A) and the C stick (for certain characters)
how can u never use the R button? dont u dodge to the right ever?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I use pretty much every button, cus I use L to dodge and R to attack for DACUS, the only button I really dont use it Y cus I jump with X

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I don't use Start. It's the most pointless button for this game IMO.

A; Attack
B; Special
C-Stick; Smash
R/L; I use them both, the button I press depends on the direction I'm dodging/spot dodging.
X; Jump
Y; Grab
Z; DACUS stuff
D-pad; For clicking load on Gecko1.9.01

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
WTF, necro'd. Why don't you people LOOK AT THE DATES. Really not difficult, especially since there's a MESSAGE that appears over the post box that warns you that the last post was like A YEAR AGO.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
WTF, necro'd. Why don't you people LOOK AT THE DATES. Really not difficult, especially since there's a MESSAGE that appears over the post box that warns you that the last post was like A YEAR AGO.
I think it's alright. The alternative would be to create a new thread, but that's not what we want to happen either.

As long as this thread stays topical, it can stay open :)
Speaking of which, I rarely use the R trigger on my cube controller.

:056:

BSP

Smash Legend
Does the control pad count? I never use it, but i also never really use y too much

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Never use the X, L, and Z button on account that they're broken.

Instead I use Y to jump, R to shield and Shield+A to grab.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I never use the L or Y button. I do use the Z button, but hardly. It'll have some use if I happen to use a character that can zair.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
I rarely use the R button for shielding, that's for the L button. I use X for jumping more than Y. When I'm in a taunt party, I never use the > on the D-pad, it just seems uncomfortable.

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice
I never use R or Y and I rarely use Z.

Since I main a character with a z-air, I tend to use the L+A combination to prevent the mess ups with airdodging with Z. However I do use Z for chaingrabs with other characters like Falco and Pikachu. I don't play with tap jump and I use X for jumping since it's closer than Y. For shielding I always use the L button.

jo3bro

Smash Rookie
L. I just 4get. My controller R button broke once and I rember having to play with my friends w/o sheilding. Not fun.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
after i had a comfortable feel with the GC, I dont use Y or Z.

X i rarely use, but it's for grab.

Yesterday I found out about Ness's Yo-Yo Ledge thing, so I am using the Z a bit more often finding out that C + Z = Quick Tilt + A, will implement some more not-so DACUS into all characters now :)

However I STILL don't use Y :)

Silk

Smash Apprentice
I use pretty much everything, I use X less to jump, but I will still use it occasionally, I would say my least used button is Z because I typically only use it to neutral/f-air.

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
i never use Z button because i think the shield is broken, in the sense that it's to convenient for CPU's, in fact, the only time i even use the shield is when i'm fighting Tabuu.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Eh, I never use X, R or the left Z button

(I'm a classic controller user)

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Its not a button but I never use the thumb stick to jump, on a game cube controller.

I also never use the L button.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
I've never used X, but I use everything else. I rarely use L though, I've got it set to attack (to help with DACUSing) so I only use it when I'm playing Sheik or other characters with decent DACUSes.

Top Bottom