• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character has changed the LEAST since melee?

c0nd0r

Smash Apprentice
I'd say luigi, his playstyle is VERY similar and the only real change is his bair.
DK maybe too. I know he's alot bigger, but his moveset acts very similar and the only major change is his UP-B

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Captain Falcon, going from High Tier to Bottom tier, and Game & Watch, going from Bottom Tier to High/Top (?) tier.

How is Luigi's bair different? He still kicks backwards (lol original) and has similar properties with that aerial.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon, going from High Tier to Bottom tier, and Game & Watch, going from Bottom Tier to High/Top (?) tier.

How is Luigi's bair different? He still kicks backwards (lol original) and has similar properties with that aerial.
He's asking who changed the least, not the most.

c0nd0r

Smash Apprentice

he spins, and it has more range and sthe old one had a lingering hitbox. The new one is more vertical, too

I was asking who changed the LEAST, not the most, BTW

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Ice Climbers?
Your basically doing the same crap but in an easier version.

Denzi

Smash Master
Falco; his tier list position? :laugh:

Seriously though, I think Marth's more similar than Luigi is.

DK seems pretty much the same too.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I'd say Diddy Kong has changed the least. HAHAHAHAHAH
Wow it took 6 replies before someone saw the comedic gold that rested in the idea of using a "newcomer character" as a nomination for a "returning character"-type poll that he clearly doesn't qualify for.

I'm going to save this thread in my favorites so I can come back and read this hilarious post over and over again... and even share it with my children. I may bequeath it to my first-born son, or force my children to fight to the death for the honor of being the keeper of this wonderful display of genius humor.

If anybody accuses me of applying sarcasm in this post, I'll hurt them hard, because I meant every word... from my heart.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Link really hasn't changed, only his bow comes out faster and his f tilt is slightly different

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Who's changed the least: Marth and Ice Climbers

Who's changed the most: Charizard. Before, he was just an item that blew fire from side to side. :)

c0nd0r

Smash Apprentice
marth got his nuetralb changed, tho, and he has a very different style...

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeh but so did everyone else all in all I think Marth's general style is more similar to his melee style then most other peoples.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
His aerial Side B has changed, and he has been buffed significantly from Melee.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
luigi misfire is nerfed. Doesn't look ugly anymore. stronger.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Looking solely at tier positions, Marth, Falco, and Ice Climbers. Falco plays far too differently though what with his lugification and chain grab, he's out without a doubt. Marth has more changed then ICs, but he's still up there.

DK was buffed far too much to really be considered. Especially with that sexy bair.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
Ness, Zelda, Ganondorf, DK(Donkey), Pikachu... Okay almost everyone that was in Melee is similar.
Zelda? Nooo way. She play quite a bit differently than in melee. Same with Ganondorf. If you try playing him in brawl like you would play him in melee, you will fail.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
His aerial Side B has changed, and he has been buffed significantly from Melee.
Marth wasn't buffed significantly, he was nerfed.

Ness, Zelda, Ganondorf, DK(Donkey), Pikachu...
LOL no. Ness and Zelda were horrible in Melee. They changed ALOT.

Ganondorf was pretty **** good in Melee, he's bad in Brawl. Donkey kong's gotten alot better, and Pikachu too. Wrong on every point.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Ness, Zelda, Ganondorf, DK(Donkey), Pikachu... Okay almost everyone that was in Melee is similar.

...When was the last time you played Melee?

Anyhow the character I think has changed the least is Mr. Game & Watch, his moves didn't change much, the thing that did was his shield, which no longer reveals some of his head, Nair, and his recovery. He might have gotten a tiny bit faster, but not by much IMO.

The thing that really made Game & Watch go from Bottom to Top Tier is Brawl's physics.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I don't think Jiggs changed a lot. I play him exactly the same.

Then again, I didn't main him.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
In terms of placement and overall strategy, I'd definitely go with Marth.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I don't think Jiggs changed a lot. I play him exactly the same.

Then again, I didn't main him.
Poor Jiggly changed a lot, actually. She was actually good in Melee...Brawl...not so much. :(

I have no idea what the least changed would be, I mean they all got nerfed or buffed...I think.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
With Falcon and Jigglypuff, it's not the fact that THEY changed, because the characters themselves are actually extremely similar to their Melee versions. The thing that hurts them is that BRAWL is different from Melee.

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go on a limb here and say Captain Falcon hasn't changed much at all. Some new features added to some of his moves, but he's basically the same, it's just Brawl's physics and playstyle completely and totally screws him over.

Melee-to-Brawl-playstyle-physique-wise: Marth.

Top Bottom