• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character has changed the LEAST since melee?

tsu-money

Smash Cadet
Definitely Marth. His moves in Brawl feel the exact same as they did in Melee.

Witch_

Smash Cadet
Zelda? Nooo way. She play quite a bit differently than in melee. Same with Ganondorf. If you try playing him in brawl like you would play him in melee, you will fail.
Epic fail, even. I was a Ganon main in Melee. I'm not in Brawl.

I'd say Luigi. He's basically the same.

...Bowser hasn't changed all THAT much, has he?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
well I just think without wavedashing Luigi has lost a major part of his overall strategy. but since Brawl is so slow, everybody, with the exception of Kirby and Bowser maybe, have been nerfed. sure they all have better recoveryand are heavier, but if they faced a character with Melee physics they'd get combo'd to death easily.

Big Bear

Smash Cadet
Look, just cos she can roll around lots and her incredibly inaccurate down b move blows the grudd outa whoever, doesn't make her good! And I don't even need to hyperlink to know thats what it is (though I will)! I had a mate who was playing melee regional championships in like 2005. He lost as Samus but then murdered them all as jiggly...whatever in the friendlies! So yeah, maybe I retract my statement! She's just so easy to hate and in my opinion has changed the least. Much like Mewtwo or Lucario, or whatever different names and faces they're sticking on the same characters these days! Screw the Mewtwo trophy (though Lucario is rather good, just like Mewtwo was)!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Look, just cos she can roll around lots and her incredibly inaccurate down b move blows the grudd outa whoever, doesn't make her good! And I don't even need to hyperlink to know thats what it is (though I will)! I had a mate who was playing melee regional championships in like 2005. He lost as Samus but then murdered them all as jiggly...whatever in the friendlies! So yeah, maybe I retract my statement! She's just so easy to hate and in my opinion has changed the least. Much like Mewtwo or Lucario, or whatever different names and faces they're sticking on the same characters these days! Screw the Mewtwo trophy (though Lucario is rather good, just like Mewtwo was)!

I challenge you to that. If theres any character that sucks, its Link. At least in brawl.

But you are right, Jiggly plays pretty much the same on both games.

Alzi

Smash Master
I would say Luigi has changed the least. Although pichu has changed the most since melee as it has evolved into a pikachu. :o

Big Bear

Smash Cadet
though you did use down b! but fair enough! grrr I hate the scopes! And where did you scarper of to in that timed match that wasn't? You wait for almost a whole minute before fighting, then go in all heavy! I was gonna start another stock instead! Anyway, thanx for the play!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
yeh I had almost forgotten about down and b. I missed anyways and it was only once.
15 stock is way to much man, Items no good either. 3 stock and no items is the way to go.

Oh and I wanted to see what you would do so I just stood there.0.o...

Good Games. Remember never underestimate an opponent.
Or the strength of a puffball.

Rikuo

Smash Cadet
Remember never underestimate an opponent.
Or the strength of a puff.
That's what my dealer says!

On topic! It depends on what you mean by" changed the least." A character can have all the same moves, but play completely differently because of the mechanics of brawl. If we are talking about the same move set, I think Jigglypuff might actually be the least changed. If we are talking about general feel and play style, I think I'll have to go with DK.

I'm surprised Zelda was brought up. As a Zelda main, I can tell you with absolute certainty that she isn't even up for discussion. The change to Din's Fire alone disqualifies her for most changed. Throw in the lightning kicks, Farore's Wind, etc. and you have a completely different play style. I miss the days of kick spamming, but she's so much better overall, that I can live with it.

Big Bear

Smash Cadet
haha 15 stock shows stamina! did you get those chat room messages about me *****ing like a little girl? Well you did take my online virginity! First friend to except! You should feel special!!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
That's what my dealer says!

On topic! It depends on what you mean by" changed the least." A character can have all the same moves, but play completely differently because of the mechanics of brawl. If we are talking about the same move set, I think Jigglypuff might actually be the least changed. If we are talking about general feel and play style, I think I'll have to go with DK.

I'm surprised Zelda was brought up. As a Zelda main, I can tell you with absolute certainty that she isn't even up for discussion. The change to Din's Fire alone disqualifies her for most changed. Throw in the lightning kicks, Farore's Wind, etc. and you have a completely different play style. I miss the days of kick spamming, but she's so much better overall, that I can live with it.
lol, now Im gonna change it>_0

OT: I agree, although I think Jiggly has changed least in play as well as moves. It mainly depends on the user though. I play different then most Jigglypuffs so it feels preety much the same, just slower. I cant help to play differently with DK though so Im unsure if he is in the running, but I dont use him ofen so I couldnt tell ya.

Yeh, Zelda has changed alot. For people who dont use her much its hard to see the change. But overall she has improved by a long shot.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
haha 15 stock shows stamina! did you get those chat room messages about me *****ing like a little girl? Well you did take my online virginity! First friend to except! You should feel special!!
lol yeh I got it.
0.o really? I feel specialXD
Also try getting some practice with no items. And most people will only do 3 stock just to warn ya.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
lol, now Im gonna change it>_0

OT: I agree, although I think Jiggly has changed least in play as well as moves. It mainly depends on the user though. I play different then most Jigglypuffs so it feels preety much the same, just slower. I cant help to play differently with DK though so Im unsure if he is in the running, but I dont use him ofen so I couldnt tell ya.

Yeh, Zelda has changed alot. For people who dont use her much its hard to see the change. But overall she has improved by a long shot.
Jiggs has been super nerfed.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I challenge you to that. If theres any character that sucks, its Link. At least in brawl.

But you are right, Jiggly plays pretty much the same on both games.
It's funny watching you two noobs talk. Zen, stop double posting. it's against the rules, and with all the new Nazi mods around here, you WILL get caught. use the edit button. And Big Bear, the tourney setup is 3 stocks 8 minutes, and definitely NO items. you're now a member of a forum that is made for pro smash, so I suggest you learn it.

OT: As Jimnymebob said, Jiggs has been uber nerfed, and the comparison is completely out. if anything, Jiggs has changed the most from Melee to Brawl. all the way from High Tier to bottom. Why was Jiggs good in Melee?

A) Best recovery in the game hands down (the side-B actually went upwards, so you could go around hyrule with it, which nobody else in Melee could do. plus jiggs had a lot of jumps and was best at the double-stick tech).
B) Down B is an amazing killer, and there was plenty of setups to it.
C) Jiggs, being one of if not the most floaty character, was extremely annoying and hard to combo.
D) had a great air game
E) had good combos

The reason why he/she (LOL no one knows) sucks in Brawl is because every one of those advantages are gone now,

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It's funny watching you two noobs talk. Zen, stop double posting. it's against the rules, and with all the new Nazi mods around here, you WILL get caught. use the edit button. And Big Bear, the tourney setup is 3 stocks 8 minutes, and definitely NO items. you're now a member of a forum that is made for pro smash, so I suggest you learn it.

OT: As Jimnymebob said, Jiggs has been uber nerfed, and the comparison is completely out. if anything, Jiggs has changed the most from Melee to Brawl. all the way from High Tier to bottom. Why was Jiggs good in Melee?

A) Best recovery in the game hands down (the side-B actually went upwards, so you could go around hyrule with it, which nobody else in Melee could do. plus jiggs had a lot of jumps and was best at the double-stick tech).
B) Down B is an amazing killer, and there was plenty of setups to it.
C) Jiggs, being one of if not the most floaty character, was extremely annoying and hard to combo.
D) had a great air game
E) had good combos

The reason why he/she (LOL no one knows) sucks in Brawl is because every one of those advantages are gone now,

Oh, My apologies. I didnt realize that was against the rules.
Also stop trying to discourage me lol. Im just trying to be more active on the forums and help out. Not even gonna ask about the nazi thing0.o... and please act more polite towards New Members, bear is free to do what he wishes, but it is correct that he should learn to play by those standerds.

Jigglypuff is only "uber nerfed" to those who dont know how to use her(will reffer to it as her) in more than one way. On melee, people on focused on setting people into the Down B.
thats not all she can do. She still has air game and combos, And in fact there are still a bit of set ups for Down B, depending on the character.

You say Jiggly has been "Uber Nerfed" but really it is brawl thats has been """Uber Nerfed"""
The combos and set ups applies to most the characters not just jigglypuff, so you really cant take that into account when asking "Who changed the least since melee". If you do you might as well say everyone is completely out.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
true, but I'm talking about compared to everyone else. everybody in brawl has been nerfed, but out of the characters Jiggs places bottom in Brawl and High in Melee. Sorry about my attitude towards new members, it's just that there has been a major increase because of Brawl and many of them are spammers who get me pissed of and spam because they think the forums are dumb in the first place. the argument with noobs is always "they're only bad depending on how people use them" but let's just follow what the tier list says, people. this thread is based on differences in characters, so the tier list is a legit resource. and while there are virtuously no combos in Brawl, MK and Snake are way better off then Jiggs and Ganon.

Frozt

Smash Apprentice
G&W has changed the least IMO, he moved from low to high tier just because of brawl's physics. That's what changed.

Riku00

Smash Ace
looks like? no graphically shes naturally better but she didn't even deserve to be in the 1st one let alone the 2 sequels!
I'd say jigglypuff, she's still poop!
your pretty retarted i bet i could pwn you so hard with all of the characters you were just talkin about.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Sorry about my attitude towards new members, it's just that there has been a major increase because of Brawl and many of them are spammers who get me pissed of and spam because they think the forums are dumb in the first place. the argument with noobs is always "they're only bad depending on how people use them" .
Its cool. Thats Understandable.
There is some truth in that argument though.

true, but I'm talking about compared to everyone else. everybody in brawl has been nerfed, but out of the characters Jiggs places bottom in Brawl and High in Melee....

...but let's just follow what the tier list says, people. this thread is based on differences in characters, so the tier list is a legit resource. and while there are virtuously no combos in Brawl, MK and Snake are way better off then Jiggs and Ganon
True. However when it comes down to it, I dont think there really is any character that one can say has changed the LEAST. Each character has changed in his or her own way on brawl. Since Smash has changed as a whole from melee to brawl, this debate will be never ending.

N-Bizzoy

Smash Rookie
Ice Climbers?
Your basically doing the same crap but in an easier version.
Agreed, also Yoshi, DK and Marth I guess. Marth doesn't really seem the dame to me though, but I don't remember EVERYTHING about Melee, I broke my Melee. I might re-buy it just so I can have the whole collection and so I can play it again. Plus I never really played as Marth much in Melee. :/

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
G&W has changed the least IMO, he moved from low to high tier just because of brawl's physics. That's what changed.
As a Game & Watch player, I'd have to disagree.

His Up B works under an entirely different mechanic (it's a big difference when you can do attacks out of it, and a parachute now increases horizontal recovery significantly). His Down B (bucket) is actually a powerful move now and has a huge hitbox. The pan now fires fish and sausage to accompany the bacon, his back air now autocancels (it couldn't even L cancel in Melee), his Up Air now blows people upward, his Neutral Air is completely different (fishboal vs parachute). Oh, and his key now rockets downward.

That's a lot of changes.

gallax

Smash Hero
imo marth has changed the least. move sets are all the same. whats different are his dancing blades and fair. still the same move, but used more often.

Top Bottom