• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Which character has the best B Air?**

Tin

Smash Journeyman
G&W's Bair is borderline broken.

Multi-hits that eats up shields, humongous range. How do you punish such things?

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
Tin is right that G&W back inhales shields so its easy to gets hits with G&W, but also toon link's is the comboing machine. its basically marth's fair in all aspects (knoback at high %, combo atlow % good edgeguarding tool, can be spammed). Also remeber ike's back air is could possibly be the best killing move in the game being super quick with deadly knockback

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
ok, i feel like you could win entire matches using nothing but gaw's turtle (only switching it up because of stale moves effects). you can either space away from them or through them; either way, it's almost unpunishable (if spaced well), often breaks through the shield, can do a ton of damage, and usually causes your opponent to roll/panic

Gindler

Smash Champion
I'd have to say yoshi's Bair is the best. It's a multiple hit, destory alot of projectiles (boomerangs, arrows, light arrows "pit's", thunderjolts, basically anything that isn't a space animal's lasers), it edgeguards well, it's the only one that combos into smash attacks, great defensive move, oh and combos into other aerials or actually into anything you want(unlike G&W's hit and run Bair), has NO landing lag, oh and one more thing it shield stabs almost as well as G&W's does too. It's only downside is it won't KO unless you edgeguard with it.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
No Zelda lightning kick?
I mean, it's not always reliable, but when it lands right, meteor smash.
Stupidest thing I've ever heard any say. Do you even KNOW what a meteor smash is?

Snakes Bair is pretty good in my books. But G and W wins.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Also no mention from Ness? It has a bigger sweetspot than Zelda's tiny sweetspot.
But seriously, G and W is the best.

PS: Zelda's Bair and is Fair is overatted. Its not that good.

Also when compared, Luigi bair overshadows Mario bair in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY! Damage, knockback, and range.

FluxCapacitor

Smash Rookie
I can't believe this is even a contest. Donkey Kong's back air is one of, if not the, most versatile and powerful moves in the game. Not only does it come out incredibly quick and have insane range, it also has a giant hitbox, ranging up to behind DK's head. If done close enough to the ground, it also scoops people right into the air.

No other B-air has DK's B-air's qualities. The only limiting factor is that DK himself isn't a phenomenal character.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
^^^ Toon Link's is the same thing but better cause it sends them higher and has more priority.

G&W's bair is the best in the game, no contest.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
G&W is probably the best in the game but toon link's is also amazing. One of the best comboing moves that allows toon link to combo like marth. Toon link has a combo similar to that of the ken combo (short hop double bair them of the edge, jump above them and then dair)

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Game and Watch-No.1 (lol...)
Ness-No.2 (Assuming if you get the sweetspot)
Zelda-No.3 (Assuming if you get the sweetspot)
Snake-No.4 (Nasty...)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Toon Link's B-air hardly compares to G&W's.

You can supposedly combo with it, but only at like super low percents and if your opponent doesn't air dodge or DI right.

When you land G&W's, it almost always lands its multiple hits, which can do up to 16% damage. However it also always does a lot of shield damage if they shield it. G&W's B-air by far does it's amazing use much more reliably than Toon Link's B-air does its particular use. The fact it wears out shields also implies that you will have a much easier time landing other stronger attacks even if your opponent shields at that point.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
Marth's bair is pretty good, good amount of knockback. Or maybe Falcon / Ganon's. And the hitbox on Snake's is just broken (but it's kinda a laggy landing...)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
After G&W, IMO, Ness' beats Zelda, Toon Link and Snake. Its easy to sweetspot, kills, combos, comes out fast, and has little lag.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Ness's and Zelda's hands down. Sweetspotting = win. But I personally like Ness's more.

Some of you say G&W's is the best. I agree it is good. But that cant sweetspot, can it? Nope. Try sweetspotting all you want, but the d*mn turtle will never kill anybody haha.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
The FakeKraid guy has the right idea. It isn't enough to look at a characters bair as an invidiual move, but also how it contributes to the playstyle of the character. You CAN anticipate a bair from g&w and roll and punish him, because that bair stays out for days.

Top Bottom