• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character requires the least amount of patience?

Smash Master
Besides MK, he's softbanned where I am.

I suck at brawl because I don't have patience. When I camp, it makes me sad. I tried Peach, and spamming her aerials looked really flashy and technical, but then they rolled away and attacked, and my priority never equalled theirs. Then I tried MK and *****, but who doesn't **** with MK? Then I tried Sonic, and I'm a decent Sonic, but Sonic isn't that great. Right now I'm using Ike and ROB. ROB is meant to be campy, but so far d-smash spam to stuff is working. My Ike blows, because I spam f-smash instead of playing smart:laugh:, but I figure even if I hit 1/12 times, I'll end up winning, because brawl doesn't have enough combos to effectively punish.

So which character requires the least amount of patience to play at a decent level?

I'm hoping this is far enough from a "who should I main" thread that it won't get locked, because in this case it's onyl a function of one variable, but if it does, oh well.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Meh I don't know. I guess it might depend on the player. I found Fox to be easy to pick up, but only because I had spent years playing Melee competitively, and Fox (Along with Mewtwo) were my mains there.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Wolf.
You can spam, camp, be aggressive.
The works.
And since his Fsmash doesn't really have a drawback, using it is safe.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Wolf.
You can spam, camp, be aggressive.
The works.
And since his Fsmash doesn't really have a drawback, using it is safe.
Tether grabs (link/samus), olimar's grabs are great.

Wolf doesn't like being grabbed.

Hmm, character that requires no patience?

Marth, run in, shorthop and spam fairs, landing far enough behind your opponent so they can't punish, then spam D-tilt, dsmash or quickly turn around and grab. Hell, you might even TIP a slow witted opponent if you do this properly.

Also, chasing opponents offstage with fair is awesome.

I can't say there's really a character that doesn't require patience, as every
character has a patient SIDE to their playstyle.
Marth's patient side is in his spacing game, and tip mechanic.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
mk if you have no patience what so ever.
he is THE pick up and play character.

marth is not a pick up and play character if you play other people. knowing your spacing and tipping is crucial to marth's game play. against cpu = ****. they don't OoS punish you. people do

i would say for you, samus, captain falcon, wario, and/or pikachu. those were the guys i started playing brawl with.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff. I secondary her and don't have many problems.
Just learn when to pound, when to rollout, and how to:

Drill rest, footstool drill rest; you're good to go.
It's all about aerial game with her which isn't too hard to pick up. I'd say Jigglypuff if your best bet.

Nipaa~

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
Not sure what you mean, but I'm assuming you're talking about a real aggresive character that you can just unload on people with that isn't MK, so I'd say Mr. G&W. Pretty much all of his attacks are meant to kill things as fast as possible in order to compensate for his lack of weight (but really, try to imagine a G&W that wasn't feather-weight. Immediate god-tier).

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Definetly Solid Snake, sure he maybe heavy, but his projectiles and hid high percentage KO'ing more than make up for it.

willgums

Smash Rookie
Kirby, but youll never get very far far with him, anyone with half a brain to roll out of his down b. Otherwise I'd use Ike.

§leepy God

Smash Master
From every chracter I've played, I will have to say Snake, Falco, Donkey Kong, and Bowser is the top of my list that needs little patience than anyone else, you can go wild and crazy and win with them. But I'll have to say that Peach needs the most patience of them all.

ShadowNovan

Smash Cadet
Any character can be played with no patience.

If you consider all aspects of moving, running, jumping, attacking, etc. Fox is probably the fastest character, so if you want someone who can just run around like a mad man I'd go with him.

I have very little patience myself, and I use Marth, he'd also be a good suggestion but, you should take the time to learn him probably if you're going to playing good opponents, since him just flying in isn't the greatest... If you know how to play him though, you can play him more or less with a constant aggro style, if that's how you want to play him.

M@v

Subarashii!
Mks priority let you bum rush pretty much everyone, without them being able to do much about it,

payasofobia

Smash Champion
If you have no patience then I don't recomend using Ike. Running head-on to the opponent because you lack patience will only result in you getting punished, A LOT, resulting in losing a lot of matches, obviusly. And you will be considered another lame Ike player, and we don't want more bad rep.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Marth, run in, shorthop and spam fairs, landing far enough behind your opponent so they can't punish, then spam D-tilt, dsmash or quickly turn around and grab. Hell, you might even TIP a slow witted opponent if you do this properly.

Also, chasing opponents offstage with fair is awesome.
Dude, you know NOTHING about Marth's playstyle.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥If I had to choose a character(s)... I'd say Wolf/Falco. Their very standard ( Smashes, reliable kill moves, reflectors, spammable projectiles).

♥Kirby and Pit too. (Recovery doesn't take too much skill and pretty standard);)

♥All four of them are good for beginners/people with no patience. ;)

eQuals

Smash Rookie
For very agressive characters that don't ever really stand still, my list would be...

-diddy (imo the #1 all-out rushing combo character)
-DK
-marth
-sheik (not always, but mostly)
-G&W (not as agressive, but a kill machine)
-Fox (you can choose to play him without camping, it's not always the best choice, but it can work)
-Falcon (probably don't want to use him, but yeah...Ganon's similar but slower paced, though KOs are easier)

Rebelli0n

Smash Cadet
I believe lucario is pretty good choice except for his down b which is a counter attack, his aura allows you to out prioritize alot of attacks. On top of that the more you get hurt the stronger you get/your hit boxes get bigger. Plus he has a pretty decent projectile, he like never dies, he's pretty floaty in the air with an decent recovery. I have alot of fun playing lucario BUT i suck with him lol.

Smash Master
Everyone's saying different chars. Is there any consensus?

Also, patience does not equal skill. I can auto cancel nairs to crouch cancelled jab combos (Jab crouch Jab crouch Jab Jab Jab). But I simply refuse to throw projectiles and run away/ "wait for an opening." It's boring.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Everyone's saying different chars. Is there any consensus?

Also, patience does not equal skill. I can auto cancel nairs to crouch cancelled jab combos (Jab crouch Jab crouch Jab Jab Jab). But I simply refuse to throw projectiles and run away/ "wait for an opening." It's boring.
Mr game and watch is probably the best choice. He has a very nice close range moves, doesn't have any projectiles and stops some characters from projectile camping. I'm not sure if he doesn't take too much patience to use though...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Stop mentioning Wolf. His recovery alone takes more patience than most characters take overall.

The easiest character to learn is clearly G&W. He's easier to learn than MK. You don't even have to use him to **** with him. You can just pick him up and spam bair most of the time and it will be effective. Most of his moves are just straightforward and extremely effective, some of them are broken: Bair, Dsmash, Uair, ...

I can't think of any other character, who's that easy to learn. Snake takes a lot more patience to learn 'cuz he has to camp a lot and be really patient. Most characters on Brawl are veeeeeeeery easy to learn but very campy (the better ones such as Snake, King Dedede, ROB, ...). There are good characters, with good offensive game as well but there aren't many: MK, G&W, Wario and Falco. Falco and Wario aren't very easy to learn (Falco is actually not hard at all but his recovery requires some patience to deal with), which leaves you with either MK or G&W.

G&W is easier but MK is better.

.Marik

is a social misfit
They all require patience if you want to truly master them.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong is NOT easy :p
His recovery is bad, but good at the same time =]
I can't remember what I was thinking when I posted that. It may have been in response to characters that wern't aggrevating because it would make the most sense then. Except being knocked-around as him isn't very fun.

His game is sort of complex, he has the ledge-games with his up-b, the foot-stool combos, the stage spike, cargo reverse ledge-drop, 9 wind punches, and stuff. It's wierd that I would make that kind of mistake, as I main DK.

Top Bottom