• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character you think had the most impact on the SSE storyline?

Moozle

Smash Champion
I have to say R.O.B

No one would have survived if he didn't turn cool and save everyone from the bombs :)

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
Kirby! Yeah! Favoritism ftw!

Dragoon, coughs up medallion, starting character, fights Petey Pirahna.

Sakurai loves his Super Tuff Pink Puff.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B, and maybe Samus/ZSS. R.O.B was in it since the beginning, and Samus/ZSS was in the action for most of the game. The character I think had the least impact was Sonic. That blue rodent came out of no where when everyone was in Sub-Space.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Sadly Sonic, seeing as how he saved everyones ***.
God I hate the stupid hamster on crack.
Don't hate just because he can whip your character's *** =p.

The character with the most impact, I would have to say, is Kirby.
Destroying that cannon, absorbing DDD's badge etc etc.

Sonic does save everyone's ***, but again, overall kirby did more.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
My SSE importance tier list:

King Dedede
Ganondorf
Kirby
R.O.B

High:

Sonic
Mr. Game & Watch
Meta Knight
Bowser
Diddy Kong
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer

Middle:

Snake
Zelda
Peach
Captain Falcon
Wario
Ike
Ness
Luigi
Fox
Falco

Low:

Donkey Kong
Samus
Pikachu
Lucario
Pit
Link
Marth
Mario
Yoshi
Olimar
Ice Climbers

No importance:

Wolf
Jigglypuff
Toon Link

Klemm

Smash Rookie
Why are so many people saying Sonic? He randomly came into one scene, did something stupid, then left again. He sucks.

Kirby, Ganondorf and Dedede have the biggest impacts. Without Ganon none of it even would've happened because he was behind the scenes instructing Dedede, Wario and Bowser.

But, R.O.B. takes the cake for the most dramatic scene (when Ganondorf tells the other ROB's to attack him) and there's a tie for the most comical role, between <3 Princess Peach and King Dedede. <3

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I thought this was suppose to be for one character lol. Anyway i think Kirby did most of the work. He saves Zelda. Saves Link and Yoshi. Recovers from Dedede's pendents and revives most of the cast entering the final battle with tabuu.

volbound1700

Smash Master
The Kirby Chars did a lot of work. Heck, the gameplay itself reminds me of the Kirby games. D3 "somehow knows about Tabuu's powers" and gives some chars badges that revives them later, MK has his ship playing an inmortant role (C'mon, owning the Great Fox? I know it's a powerful ship but...) Kirby also did his thing: saving a good portion of the cast by himself.

Aside from those, Captain Falcon made the biggest contribution IMO (although he came out of NOWHERE. This proves that no one is safe from Falcon, no matter how far away they are) by making SSE very very....Manly? The Spacies (save Wolf =/) did nice things too I guess.

I don't think Dedede knew what the badges did, he just stuck in on Luigi and Ness because it looked nice.

volbound1700

Smash Master
My tier list (I don't agree with other guys because Mario + Pit are WAY too low):

Top Tier

Kirby
Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Sonic
Ganondorf
ROB

Next Tier

Mario
Pit
Bowser
Fox
Diddy Kong
Lucas
Wario
Samus/ZSS

Third Tier

Pokemon Trainer
Luigi
Ness
Metaknight
Marth
Ike
Lucario
Snake
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Falco

Bottom Tier (Chars who pretty much did nothing on their own to contribute)

Peach
Zelda
Link
Yoshi
Ice Climbers
Olimar

Not in the Game
T. Link
Jiggs
Wolf

You could debate Link and Yoshi higher since they were a part of the big 5 (Mario, Kirby, Link, Yoshi, Pit) that wondered around.

Sonic came in at the last minute because he was added to the game late and they just wanted him to have an appearance and picked a big scene for him to appear to make up for his lack of storyline (they probably would have intended for him to have a big role as a regular character).

Zelda and Peach were hard to place because they did have their own level but neither did much other than get captured as usual.

Lucario finding Snake was enough to get him up to the third tier, other than that he would have been at the bottom.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
It's a pain to say the truth, but Sonic had the most impact. He destroyed Tabuu's wings.

Thanks a lot for ruining the moment SEGA :urg:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, wow. His name screwed up the formatting not just of this page, but of the entire forum due to being the most recent poster in this thread.

Idiot deserved the ban for making such a long name. You'd have to realize that would happen.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Haha Basically what I was trying to say.

also don't you guys play brawl? MK wins at everything This is no different.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
Well I would have to say Lucas, seeing that whenever he is in a scene, something sad/bad happens (like the countdown one where he saves the Pokemon Trainer, that was epic) and makes the game more interesting.
I would have to say Meta Knight also (:ohwell:), because of his ship Halberd.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
If Tabuu could be considered a character, I would have to say he caused the biggest impact on the storyline. When Tabuu arrived in the Smash World he caused a disruption in it by forming an army and then his underlings e.g. Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, and maybe the Ancient Minister used the army to cause havoc. It started out first with the army capturing Meta Knight's ship, Halberd, which lead up to a huge chain of events. Without Tabuu there wouldn't be a Subspace Emissary. I could be incorrect though.

PK Knight

Smash Rookie
MEGA MAN...I wish...

R.O.B., Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Kirby, Dedede, and Lucario...because without him, Snake would have kept us waiting AGAIN.

That box was a kick to the balls, Sakurai.

PK Knight

Smash Rookie
MEGA MAN...I wish...

R.O.B., Ganondorf, Kirby, Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, and Lucario...because without him, Snake would have kept us waiting AGAIN.

That random cutscene with the box was a kick to the balls, Sakurai.

djm111

Smash Cadet
Which character you think had the most impact on the SSE storyline? I beleive that all the Kirby charcters had the most impact on the story mode because Sakurai was the creator for Kirby and he was the excutive director for the game so what do you think?
Agreed. Kirby is there for most parts of the story, and Metaknight and Dedede also have far more important roles than anyone else in the storyline.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Wait was Mr. Game and Watch even in this?
I don`t remember.
Kirby characters did the most I think.
It has been so long since I played it,
I will have to replay it on a harder mode.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Which character you think had the most impact on the SSE storyline? I beleive that all the Kirby charcters had the most impact on the story mode because Sakurai was the creator for Kirby and he was the excutive director for the game so what do you think?
you are probably right, but making all of your own characters so important seems kinda bogus to me
Overall, D3 is probably the biggest, Luigi doesn't matter til the end, neither does Ness or Sonic

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Kirby and MK. They have so much screen time, are responsible for a lot of what happens and constantly weave in and out of different groups, helping to bring them together.

Top Bottom