• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters should return?

Which characters should return from past Smash games?

• Dr. Mario

Votes: 25 15.7%
  • Mario

Votes: 128 80.5%
  • Luigi

• Bowser

• Peach

Votes: 123 77.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 125 78.6%
  • Donkey Kong

• Captain Falcon

Votes: 124 78.0%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 126 79.2%
  • Falco

Votes: 100 62.9%
  • Fox

• Ness

Votes: 104 65.4%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 75 47.2%
  • Kirby

Votes: 120 75.5%
  • Samus

• Zelda / Sheik

Votes: 108 67.9%
  • Link

• Young Link

Votes: 37 23.3%
  • Pichu

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • Pikachu

• Jigglypuff

Votes: 98 61.6%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Mr. Game & Watch

Votes: 64 40.3%
  • Marth

Votes: 112 70.4%
  • Roy

Votes: 40 25.2%

• Total voters

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
i voted for everyone except for pichu and dr. mario for obvious reasons

i think ice climbers, mewtwo and game and watch should stay because they are unique and not clones

i think roy should stay and get a new move set because even though he is a marth clone he is a different person

i say young link stays and gets a new move set because i just generally liked the concept of his character, and he is very important to many of the zelda games

i main with sheik so i wouldnt want her or zelda to go

copper90

Smash Apprentice
I think all the characters should return. I don't see why they can't just keep all the characters from Melee, and just add on.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
No Dr.Mario I can't see any use and him. He's Mario in a different uniform thats all, nothing more he deserves to return like tetris block deserves to be in this game. I don't hate the Doc but Captain Falcon's clone was Ganon he looked and played different (ignoring the clone moves) and Falco the same, but Doc was basically everything the same he should of been like a secret unlockable costume not a character.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I just took notice of how the characters are arranged in the list there. I think it's funny because, that's how I remember them all, too. I'm sure most people around here use that method in going through all of the Melee characters...

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I voted for all of them. Why should some characters be shafted out of the game?

If all don't make it, the Ice Climbers better.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I voted for all cept Young Link, Roy, Dr. Mario, and Pichu

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
I would so cry if zelda was booted lol but i mean pichu got to go but i like the ice climbers ness is cool Dr. Mario- why not just make him a costume for Mario- waste of space it you ask me but anyway hmmm marth stay roy well he is good but just like marth just less pop so thats why i think Lyn should take his spot but anyway Ganondorf is cool and Captain too but they are almost the same ( few different A-Attacks) Fox good falco good but just has fox's short commings but i like him so i think he should stay Peach Good well thats all i have to say for right now

*Keep Zelda she's da best lolz* personal opiont

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
it's the 'waste of space' crap that really pisses me off. as long as the game doesn't need an expansion pack then there's no such thing as too much space or space wasters.

Dr. Mario > everyone else > Sonic and Megaman.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Every character should return because there are people who main every single one of them.

On a side note(s):
-lol @ Falcon beating Kirby. Nipples FTW!
-What's with the G&W hate? He was unique, people!

Zabutur said:
it's the 'waste of space' crap that really pisses me off. as long as the game doesn't need an expansion pack then there's no such thing as too much space or space wasters.
Agreed.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I voted for all of them because I think removing content from olld games is just stupid. Now if they get rid of characters you'll have to bring out your old gamecube and play melee to even see them, and that's not right.Pie is bad and cake is good.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Everyone besides....
Ice Climbers (i like them too, but they would probably be replaced with another duo)
Pichu (duh...)
Roy (most likely replaced with Ike)
Young Link (WW Link.......i guess)
Dr. Mario (costume maybe?)
Shiek (no explanation. Just leave....)

a few others could go and be replaced (i.e- Jigglypuff, etc.) but these are the most likely and most practical, ya digg?

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that many will leave exactly, but lots will change:

Dr. Mario = Mario costume
Yoshi = Gotta be in, obviously because there are two stages from his series, that's like having Diddy, and Dixie in Brawl without Donkey Kong
Ganondorf = Different move set
Falco = Slightly different move set
Ness = Back to Smash 64 Fighting Style
Ice Climbers = Replace by another duo, they aren't famous enough (someone like Diddy & Dixie, or Sonic & Tails, probably not though...) (coming from someone who mains IC)
Zelda = Already confirmed, but I think new Down-Special Attack
Sheik = No, but not because I don't like Sheik, but because Sheik wasn't in Twiilight Princess, I'm pretty sure... and all of the other Zelda characters have been changed to Twiilight Princess style...
Young Link = I think I Young Link better than WW Link, but I dont know exactly...maybe stay with a slightly different move set
Pichu = No, just Pikachu made worse, maybe a costume... maybe...
Mewtwo = Not as sucky...Mewtwo could be an awesome character
Roy = Different move set

The rest I think will have no problem getting in.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
What's so great about Krystal? She was useful in Adventures, and did a little bit of minor stuff in Assault, but what did she do after that? Get booted off the team, and cause Falco and Slippy to leave.

Meh, I'm just not her biggest fan. I'd rather see Katt, although Krystal is far more likely. Krystal's alright, she just seems to cause more problems than she fixes. Wolf and/or Leon would be better choices.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
What's so great about Krystal? She was useful in Adventures, and did a little bit of minor stuff in Assault, but what did she do after that? Get booted off the team, and cause Falco and Slippy to leave.

Meh, I'm just not her biggest fan. I'd rather see Katt, although Krystal is far more likely. Krystal's alright, she just seems to cause more problems than she fixes. Wolf and/or Leon would be better choices.
Well, I guess part of the reason I'm a huge fan of Krystal is because I started getting into the Star Fox games after Star Fox Adventures. And I never really knew Katt, because I didn't own Star Fox 64 (until now) and I don't have Star Fox Command (yet).

Top Bottom