• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Controller Do You Use?

Which Controller Do You Use?

• Total voters

Roihu

Smash Ace
Nunchuk cause... yeah, I don't have a CG controller and I've never played Meele, so Nunchuk is alright for now.

gocubs12345

Smash Apprentice
Wii motes and Wii motes and nunchucks are brutal.

The only way to play is with a gamecube controller and if you can't get your hands on one of those, a classic controller plug in is probably your second best choice.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Wii motes and Wii motes and nunchucks are brutal.

The only way to play is with a gamecube controller and if you can't get your hands on one of those, a classic controller plug in is probably your second best choice.
I agree with you.
People that use the Wiimote play bad because of the controller's limitations. I wish someone could prove me wrong.

Saché

Smash Rookie
For me it's the Wiimote + Nunchuck.
Why? Because they fit my small hands better.
I always had this problem when playing melee, that my hands would start to hurt after about 20 minutes of continuous play... So I had to re-learn the system for Brawl, but it was worth it!
I use custom controls, with down on wiimote for jump, c for grab and the rest default. Works perfectly for me. :)

Roihu

Smash Ace
Oh, right I do alter the controls also. Side buttons on directional pad to taunt (Could be used for something else, but...), down for down smash, and C for grabbing. Everything else is the same though. Also shake smash is there which helps sometimes.

Nintendo-pie

Smash Cadet
I use the GCN controller. Why? Like most other people, because of Melee. I don't want to learn another way to play. Also it was Sakurai's intended control system when Brawl was made.

I have edited a few controls though:
Tap jump off (hated it in Melee)
C-stick specials (for b sticking)
R button jumping (for zap jumping)

This set up is mainly because my secondary's Lucas, surprise surprise, and it doesn't affect play when I use other characters.

~N-pie

crewster

Smash Lord
I use the GC controler but L is jump, R is special, Z is Sheild, B is grab, X and Y are Sheild apart from that the other controls are normal

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I voted for Wii Remote alone. There weren't very many of them.

Smash Apprentice
GCN controller. It feels wrong to play brawl any other way after melee.

Why would you even use just the wiimote? Can't you not sh with it?

BEES

Smash Lord
GCN with custom controls.

L - jump
Tap jump - off

For both of you that use the wiimote only, I feel pretty bad. Maybe I'll go and buy you a nunchuck or something.

WiiManiac1

Smash Cadet
GCN with custom controls.

L - jump
Tap jump - off

For both of you that use the wiimote only, I feel pretty bad. Maybe I'll go and buy you a nunchuck or something.
Lol! The nunchuck is so much better than just Wiimote alone.

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Wii-Mote alone is just crazy for me to use. :crazy: I use Wii-Mote + Nunchuck because I figure that the game's for Wii, so it'd be fun to use Wii-Mote + Nunchuck instead of a GCN controller. I don't play competitively anyways, but if I did play competitively, I'd probably use a GCN controller, because there are some limitations with Wii-Mote + Nunchuck.

Kazura

Smash Cadet
I use the Wii remote + nunchuk, one of the reasons why is because I don't like to have my forehead glued to the screen.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I use a GC controller because it WINS!

Seriously no smash player with any balls should use a wiimote/nunchuck combo.......its just awfull I find it really hard to shield properly with it and its just...........s**t.

peeup

Smash Lord
I started out using a wiimote+nunchuk, because that was what I had at the time. Then, I got a GC controller of amazon.com, so i used that. Shortly afterwords, the GC controller broke, so i went back to wiimote+nunchuk. Then, i fractured my thumb, so the easiest way to play was to put the wiimote on the ground and play use it like a keyboard, so i used wiimote. then, once my thumb healed, i got a classic controller, which is what i use to this day.

Genoisdabest

Smash Cadet
I always use the Game Cube controller, I just can't stand the feel the playing with a Wii controller.

Agi

Smash Lord
Gamecube controller. I NEED the jump button on the right of the attack button. I can't play without it.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Wiimote + Nunchuck for me. I found it much easier with setup than the GC controller because you can configure the keys instead of moving your fingers so much like on the GC controller.

Makes wingdashing so much easier. ^_^

Deoxys

Smash Lord
GCN controller, looking to get a wavebird.

Controls vary depending on who I play, but for MK, my main:

Tap jump - off
Z - Jump
Y - Shield

~rh

Smash Lord
I use a brand new white GCN controller. I'm gonna pimp er out when I get some supplies also.

Mattmiston

Smash Apprentice
lol, I use wii mote nunchuck, I used to use a GCN until the control stick started screwing up. I like being able to exaggerate my hands and moves when I play, so I use the nunchuck combo.

setup on the d-pad

up = grab
left/right = side smashes
down = down smash

ez

Juuka

Smash Rookie
Gamecube, I already possessed one and bought another one for my brother whilst purchasing my Wii.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
I played melee so it would seem odd to many that I use the wiimote+nun-chuck. Though it is annoying to use in tourneys, I like the way the controls are set up much better.

crewster

Smash Lord
Its funny the wii remote and nunchuck got more votes than the classic controler

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Classic controllers are suprisingly light, while GC controllers have the most comfort I believe. Also, people are more used to the GC controllers than then wii ones and I believe this was because of SSBM. Since most people have moved on to Brawl, they don't want to sacrifice what they are used to and build their foundation on another style controller. I used to play with GC controllers, but overtime I've learn't to get used to the classic ones and now I have trouble playing on GC controllers. see! think about it, if classic controllers or wii stick were the GC controllers and the GC controllers were the wii ones. votes would be ultimately different wouldn't they?

Top Bottom