• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which controller should I use?

Toom

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! I'm a casual brawl player that is looking to start playing competetively. I'm wondering if there are certain controllers on the market that are more sensative or better to use. I recently aquired some controllers to smash with my buddies, but the sticks are very stiff for some reason. Will i just have to work out the stiffness over time or are these controllers just bad? Any help is appreciated. Also if there is already a thread for this, please point me to it. Thanks!

:phone:

The only controllers which are the best to use are the ones made by nintendo themselves. They are better and last much longer than anything else so far that I have heard of. Many other brands have had complaints such as breaking. I have gotten two so far, and they broke a single component after a few months. The L trigger in one stopped reading L inputs and on the other the A button would keep sticking really hard.

Not sure how to have fixed those at all since I believe they were, but the ones made by nintendo are just better in my opinion.

etecoon

Smash Hero
^pretty much true of any console too, third party controllers are almost always terrible

rice819

Smash Rookie
i use classic controller because my hands are too small for the gamecube one

:phone:

Toom

Smash Rookie
I always see tournament streams (APEX, V8 and so on) that show players using a white GC controller. I seem to see them a lot. Are those controllers made by Nintendo? Does anyone know What they are called and where I can buy them?

brohanu

Smash Rookie
I've wondered about Classic Controllers.
Are they a valid alternative to the GC?

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
definitely made by nintendo, they are from the same company so they know what they do and they are pretty durable, my gamecube controller still works just great even after 5 years of constant use.

Top Bottom