• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Gamepad for Smash Bros. ???

TelQuel

Smash Cadet
I am looking forward to playing this game over the internet as are several of my friends. We've been playing tournaments locally here in Halifax for a couple years now and it's always interesting how every group of friends has someone they consider godly at smash bros until they link up with some other circle of friends and get served. Such is smash. Anyway, I really can't get used to playing on the keyboard very well and so I am going to invest in a controller do any of the big players here have a suggestion as to which would be best worth the investment? I would very much appreciate it.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I recommend an N64 adapter or if you already have one, a 360 controller.

I also advise you to not get a Playstation-based controller unless you're used to it. When I tried out one of those, I kept jumping randomly because the analog stick was lower.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I recommend an N64 adapter or if you already have one, a 360 controller.

I also advise you to not get a Playstation-based controller unless you're used to it. When I tried out one of those, I kept jumping randomly because the analog stick was lower.
I have a Playstion based controller. I don't use the analog stick but instead I use the D-Pad.

BladeZero

Smash Cadet
360 controller is imo superior to the N64 controller (at least for me). I've seen them for around 30$ (wired version)

TelQuel

Smash Cadet
All well enough but then where do I find a decent n64 controller that isn't so worn out it sucks? Heh, smash bros is really hard on those n64 analogue sticks my friends. I've made more white dust than Pablo Escobar playing that game.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
you can either buy brand new joystick on ebay and put it in yourself or brand new 64 controllers (or 3rd party which sux imo)

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
hmmm, I use keyboard and I recommend it because it's customizable to your style and DI with keys ****. Lawl, dun listen to the other guys and get keys cause they don't want you to have crazy DI and escape every combo like I do XD (joke). Other than that, I dun rlly know where to find some smexy adapters

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
I use the Logitech PS-based controller. It works well enough, but I haven't played Smash Online cause my compy didn't hav enough RAM at the time, and there was a problem with the controller plugin for that version of Project64.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
hmmm, I use keyboard and I recommend it because it's customizable to your style and DI with keys ****. Lawl, dun listen to the other guys and get keys cause they don't want you to have crazy DI and escape every combo like I do XD (joke). Other than that, I dun rlly know where to find some smexy adapters
Just to let you know, I have better DI than my keyboarding friend, with no augmentations to DI range in the controls :lick:
I set my range to 100% with the real N64 option checked.

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
Just to let you know, I have better DI than my keyboarding friend, with no augmentations to DI range in the controls :lick:
I set my range to 100% with the real N64 option checked.
SHHH, don't tell anyone bout teh weakness of keys...slide di XDD. Man, I forgot that u can practically make the controller like a keyboard by making the range to 100%. Then use slide di for maximum pwnage. Lol, thanks for reminding me, my friend Koss has hax DI with his controller too XD. But DI on keys is easier at least. PSST, change ur deadzone to 0 XD. Maximum DI.

Adi

Smash Lord
Hey anyone know what's up with the ztnet store? I ordered a N64/PSX adapter a while ago and it still hasn't come in the mail.

Top Bottom