• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

which melee stages should have made it but didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Mute City. The old one.

Seriously, YOU CAN GET KILLED BY THE FREAKING CARS NOW.

Sure, it didn't make any sense that you DIDN'T get killed by the cars, but come on. I would be happier if I got killed by my opponent instead of the STAGE.

Oh well.

lonesoldier

Smash Cadet
brinstar depths....nough said...and why no love for the lost woods? you know you can have skull kid shooting stuff at you in the wooded area....that would have been cool T_T

B. Rock

Smash Rookie
Poke Floats and Mushroom Kingdom. Those both were awesome and unique. Mushroomy is more of an alternative than a replacement. But Mushroom Kingdom 64 was just epic and I wish it came back. ._.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Fountain of Dreams. It'd have been the closest thing to Dedede's stage

On a side note, if you look at Melee's stage select screen, most of the stages that got to appear in Brawl came from the bottom. Switching Green Greens to Fountain of Dreams would have made it even.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I wanted FD :(. The new one seems too small and has gimp edges. Now people will be going "I got FD'd" instead of "I got Battlefielded".

JNS

Smash Cadet
64- I miss the castle and dreamland. Also that yoshi's story level with a really short left side
melee. jungle falls (DK stage), Brinstar dephts, peach's castle, fountain of dreams

other than tht i'm pretty happy with the selection. Poke stadium my fave stage from melee is back and is still better than the new one

when will sakurai learn that moving stages with lots of crap that can kill you/= fun. Those stages only work when you are playing half drunk and want to screw around

Skywalker

Space Jump
i've had so many fun times on temple with my friends, since it was such a large stage. neither pork city or 75m can fill in the gap, so i'm really glad it's in brawl. i really miss brinstar 64, saffron city, and great bay though. =(

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yoshi's Island from Melee (smash 64's was so bad, whoever made it better have died already! :laugh:). The stage I've seen least played on the internet, and overall. No one likes it. Everyone hates it. That was the first stage I played in Brawl at the GameStop tournament. No one said they liked it. Almost everyone complained this stage was randomly selected. Yoshi's Story is so much better, it's not even funny. Green Greens is cool and all, and I'm glad it's back, but Fountain of Dreams blows it out of the water. Big Blue is a piece of s***. Mute City is the most defining stage of Melee. And the most popular, after the Temple. Mute City is sooooo much cooler. NO ONE LIKES MUTE CITY! NO ONE! NO ONE! Mute City is about as popular as Superman 64. Both should have never been made. Whoever chose Big Blue over Mute City BETTER NOT WORK ON THE NEXT SMASH GAME! Even if it was Sakurai, don't hire them for the next smash game. I'm dead f***ing serious. Whoever chose that stage over Mute City needs to stop working on video games. Seriously. No one plays it. No one will play it. No one likes it. No one will like it. END OF F***ING STORY!

All in all, the following deserve to be in Brawl (in order of most deserving to less deserving):

Should have been in:

1. Mute City (this stage is boss!)
2. Fountain of Dreams (if you hate this stage, you aren't human)
3. Yoshi's Story (it reps an entire game; Yoshi's Island is from Super Mario World, which isn't even in the Yoshi franchise! >_< ; Yoshi's Island Brawl is from SMW2; it could be considered either, or, or both).
4. Flatzone (just because of the retroness; I don't really like this stage, but I feel it IS DESERVING!)

Worthy:

5. Kongo Jungle (I like Jungle Japes more, but Kongo Jungle is still good! :)).
6. Termania (it's popular, after all ;)).
7. Poké Floats (it's original; I sorta liked it, but I'm not neccissarily a fan).

Not really worthy, but worth a thought:

8. Final Destination: Melee version (for the retroness, lol!)
9. Battlefield: Melee version (same as above; and no glitches, please! XD)
10. Infinte Glacier (even though whoever made this stage is probably already murdered, it IS Ice Climber reppage. >_< ; Seriously though, if it only climbed up at a constant slow rate, it'd be a cool, fun stage. Change it like that! XD)

Not worthy:

11. Princess Peach's Castle (we already got Super Mario 64 reppage in a a better stage in Rainbow "Ride").
12. Fourside (not very...popular; and it looks more like Moonside, anyways).
13. Mushroom Kingdom II (my least favorite Melee-original stage; but at least it reps a game. A very good and underrated game).
14. Venom (horribly akward, and we got enough Star Fox 64 representation as is in all the songs and Corneria).
15. A stage that never existed that I refuse to reconize that certainly is not Brinstar Depths! :laugh:
16. Mushroom Kingdom Melee (we got Mushroomy Kingdom; Mushroom Kingdom 64 is better, anyways! >_<)

I think many would agree with that list. *prays for past stages downloadable content that Sakurai does not approve, but Nintendo does it anyways without a care for Sakurai*

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
Old Final Destination.....it kicked so much anus.....new one is just...bleh
youre right..the new final destination should have been more purple!(<SARCASM) lol...CMON whats wrong with the new final destination? i like the background better... plus its THE SAME THING! the old one is to dark and solitary anyways

PeteBeast

Smash Apprentice
Final Destination.

Oh and, they should of brought back ALL the stages, Melee and N64 ones, or re-made the N64 stages, like they did with the Super Mario one.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
I would rather have Mute City versus the other F-Zero stage we have. I never liked the one we have all that much, although it can be cool, it's too confusing for many to fight on I find. Every time I play on that stage, my human opponents don't know where they are... (Yeah, sometimes I wonder also, but there are other things I don't like about it.)

I don't like Rainbow Cruise either for reasons I haven't really pinned down. I sorta liked Peach's Castle though...

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I miss Dreamland 64, the old Mute city, Pokefloats, Fountain of Dreams, old Yoshi's Story. I'm happy with many of the new stages, but I like moving stages that don't outright kill you..

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Fountain of Dreams is the only correct answer.

Other related good answers are Yoshi's Story (wouldn't have worked in this game though), old Final Destination (with the new background effects and colors, old edges), and Mute City (because the new one downright sucks with cars that kill faster than Ike's fsmash).

If it weren't for those god**** cars I'd love the new Mute City. Or I guess it's called Port Town now.

Dreamland 64 can go rot in hell.

Agent 47

Smash Apprentice
they should've brought back all the stages, but if i had the choice, i'd settle for peach's castle and termina bay.

agoaj

Smash Cadet
Fountain of Dreams was a great looking stage, would have loved to see them remake it like they did for Sector Z to Corneria.

Kietharr

Smash Cadet
Pokefloats, Kongo Jungle, and Fountain of Dreams were the ones I missed. I also would have rather had Dreamland 64 than green greens. Also, as far as 64 stages went they should have brought back Saffron City and the two castles.

Wilde

Smash Rookie
great bay
poke floats
mute city
mushroom kingdom
fourside

Those are the stages that I enjoyed playing in melee that didnt make it.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Great Bay could've unique since of being able to swim now
Mushroom Kingdom
Peaches Castle
Kongo Jungle(planning to Recreate as the biggest effects was logs Klaptraps and a Barrel cannon, Standard Layout IMO was great)
Fourside

Any stage that had Battlefields layout should Stay out IMO(looks at FoD, Dreamland 64 and Yoshi's Story[Melee]), thats why they put Green Greens instead of it, we don't need 4 battlefields that have a slightly different effect on the stage, clogging up 3 perfectly good, and also different layed-out stages!

mrwynd

Smash Rookie
are you serious???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who would think that, those spining blocks where more anoying than the red ring of death and the music, don't get me started. and onett, I agree that some people may like this stage, but seriously, they could have done much better.
I still enjoyed it. What's wrong with a stage where people die more often? I admit if you played on this map or style of maps all the time it would get old, but it's fun to randomly go to a tough stage.

and yes we all miss Fountain of Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom