• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

which pokemon is best

Tien2500

Smash Lord
It varies based on matchups but overall the best is Squirtle and the worst is Ivy.

Kemious

Smash Apprentice
Personally I say Squirtle is the worst while Ivy is the best. But Im kinda bias due to the fact my squirtle has a tendency to be suicidal .

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
From the poke trainer pokes.....

Best: Charizard; He is comboable, but is a heavy weight with a good recover, massive range with tilts, a good arsenal of KO moves, good damage dealer, and a semi proyectile.

Worst: IVYsaur. Not to say that this poke is useless, but the difficulty to use it, it`s "punching bag" status and his easily gimped recovery makes it the hardest to use.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Best (in my opinion): Charizard; outside of the size, he is a great character. He is controversially the best tank out there (Dedede is the only one he fears in his own weight class). Fast, strong, agile, and heavy. He is one of a very few amount of characters that is a walking contradiction to the typical rule of thumb on character stats (fast characters aren't that strong, slow characters typically are strong, light characters are agile, and heavy characters can't jump [once again, most, but not all characters will fit here]).

Worst (again, in my opinion): Squirtle; the only thing going good for the quick little turtle is that he is easy to learn. He is horribly weak, he has few KO moves, those KO moves work at high percentages, he is very, very light, and half of his specials have very little purpose (water gun is more of a waste of space [still haven't gimped anyone with it] and withdraw is more effective as a move to travel than an actual attack).

Slyde

Smash Cadet
obviously squirtle cause he can go much faster than the other two, has a much better up B, he is the most fun as well.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Well since someone mentioned Lucario being the best, I say that jiggly is far worse than Ivy.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
There is no "best and worst." They all have different playstyles and handle different opponents well. Squirtle is hit and run (easy to master, just attack then run away,) Ivysaur is defensive (hard to master, keep maximum range at all times) and Charizard is offensive (decently hard to master, keep your range, but keep assaulting.)

Fearmy

Smash Ace
there are no best or worst pokemon, it means that you are bad with the pokemon

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
There are no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid ppl!
jk, but srsly, if they made a pokemon that was crap, then the game doesn't comply with what the balance is.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
In my opinion doesn't mean correct. I know they are all equal, I just like Charizard the most and Squirtle the least, thats all.

ShellShifter

Smash Rookie
Best: Squirtle. Quick, agile and his own wavedash. Wow. I love this dude.
Worst: Charizard. He gets comboed too easily and is too slow to work with at times.

Of course this has some bias as I am not very good with Charizard but Squirtle is not even my best. I like him the best but Ivysaur is my best. The reason Ivy isn't the best is because of its horrible recovery.

Maku

Smash Apprentice
I hardly play with anyone except Marth..
But last time I played with Pokemon trainer, Venasaur was the Best to me.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I say Ivysaur. Just because he has so much combo potential, and has one of the best Up Smashes/SPikes in the game. :)

Blue_Pit

Smash Cadet
In boss battles Charzard's Rock smash pawns I killed porky in 9 seconds

but in normal brawl battles I'm best with ivysaur

Ratherion

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur for very good reasons.

Lowest damage KO move with the largest hitbox. [Usmash]
Highest damage attack with massive hitbox. [Seed]
Longest range KO move. [Vine Whip]
Tied for most KO moves. [7]

washy

Smash Apprentice
For a while is use to think Squirtle>charizard>ivysaur

Then i thought Squirtle=charizard>ivysaur

But now that i've gotten better with ivysaur, i can't make up my mind which is the best. Ivy is the most neutral against the other characters while charizard has trouble with some, but rocksmash is an incredible move. I was down 1 stock against a falco and i managed to rack up enough damge with rock smash on falco's last stock that i was able to ftilt him off the stage after just killing him. Squirtle is amazing too with all his shell shifting and speed, but he does lack some power. After just typing this, i think ivy is the most useful since she is neutral against more characters then zard and squirtle. However, i may change my opinion again, this is just how i feel right now after learning ivysaur.

Konpaku

Smash Journeyman
For a while is use to think Squirtle>charizard>ivysaur

Then i thought Squirtle=charizard>ivysaur

But now that i've gotten better with ivysaur, i can't make up my mind which is the best. Ivy is the most neutral against the other characters while charizard has trouble with some, but rocksmash is an incredible move. I was down 1 stock against a falco and i managed to rack up enough damge with rock smash on falco's last stock that i was able to ftilt him off the stage after just killing him. Squirtle is amazing too with all his shell shifting and speed, but he does lack some power. After just typing this, i think ivy is the most useful since she is neutral against more characters then zard and squirtle. However, i may change my opinion again, this is just how i feel right now after learning ivysaur.
They all have there strong points and they all have their weak ones too.
It mainly depends on the matchup and if your opponent can capitalize on them imo.

PanamaConMan

Smash Cadet
I think that the best and worst pokemon is different for everyone, but seriously, why do you guys rip on Ivysaur so much.
Ivysaur is meant to safely rack up damage with ranged attacks and disjointed hitboxes without taking too much damage. I like Charizard the best, but I think I play the best with Ivysaur.
Squirtle, for me, is too basic. I use him as much as the others and all, but his moves lack the variety that the other too have and I just don't have as much success with him. Thats probably just because speedy characters don't usually fit my play style.

Onxy

Smash Lord
IMO, if Ivy really stunk that bad, making 1/3 of the PT useless, then the whole PT is useless.

Top Bottom